eating chips with chopsticks

*Not wanting to get hands dirty* as if I'm not lying in bed rn pouring the chips from the bag directly into my mouth like some kind of snack demon...

I would ask what kind of chips, but it doesn't matter, I don't use chopsticks for either, I just wash my hands afterwards using this fabulous new invention called a sink.

As an asian person, never in my whole career of asianness have I heard of eating potato chips w chopsticks??
If any of my family saw me doing that they would smack my hands!!

in japan however you can buy these,
my grandma gave me one once but im too americanized to care about greasy fingers

ea4gti.jpg

It's called a ポテチの手 / Potato Chip hand. I'm sure you could get on online for cheap!

I knew there would the something like that for crisps, lol.

I meant in general by the way about the chopsticks, people who aren't Asian use chopsticks to feel more Asian if that's understandable? It's ridiculous of course, they could use a fork or their fingers but nope...chopsticks because, I hate using this term, their weebs. I know people like this but it doesn't apply to anyone who is interested in Asian culture.

Last edited:
be honest, how many of you are going to try this now just to see if you have the skills???

:::raises hand:::

be honest, how many of you are going to try this now just to see if you have the skills???

:::raises hand:::

seeing as my skills with chopsticks are nonexistent, nah

someone send me some big bags of chips though, so I can have something to snack on for the month

weird but not the weirdest thing I've heard of.

I'm assuming you mean chips as in the potatos wedges kind.
Not the ones from the packet xD I think people here are confused by that.
But yes I do use chopsticks sometimes because I don't want my hands to be greasy lol.

lmao at some people assuming im doing this to feel asian. FYI im asian not white for christ sake. i dont even know using chopsticks to eat chips was a japanese thing? thats not gonna stop me from using chopsticks anyway. My friend suggested this to me so i thought why not. And yes, i use hands most of the times when eating chips. the only time i use chopsticks for chips are when im on my laptop doing stuff like projects. damn judgmental pricks.

- - - Post Merge - - -

im talking about crisps. those packet kinds. we call them chips in my country.

lmao at some people assuming im doing this to feel asian. FYI im asian not white for christ sake. i dont even know using chopsticks to eat chips was a japanese thing? thats not gonna stop me from using chopsticks anyway. My friend suggested this to me so i thought why not. And yes, i use hands most of the times when eating chips. the only time i use chopsticks for chips are when im on my laptop doing stuff like projects. damn judgmental pricks.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I don't think you're doing it to feel Asian? In fact I wasn't even talking about you directly, I was talking about the topic as a whole.

I was questioning whether or not people do it to feel Asian, because I thought it was a new weeb trend or something, because I've never heard of it before. It's not the weirdest thing a person can do and I don't mind it, it's actually kinda smart.

"Judgemental pricks", nobody here insulted you and even if they did they probably didn't try to or want to. I guess I'm a prick for questioning why somebody would eat crisps with chopsticks instead of their hand, not the worst thing I've been called, thank you. :blush:

Bye....don't really care about this anymore.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I don't think anyone was talking to you directly, just to people who do it as a whole ;;

But anyway, is it really that big of a deal to rinse your hands afterwards like uh

i've never done it, personally i'd use a fork if i didn't want my hands to get greasy.

Last edited:
Not chips, but I use chopsticks to eat Flamin' Hot Cheetohs with. Easier to grab the little buggers with, and the red dye is damn near impossible to wash off from your fingers.

I use chopsticks too, for chips and popcorn but I use a fork with cup ramen.
I started doing this because of an Asian friend and thought it makes sense.

- - - Post Merge - - -

As an asian person, never in my whole career of asianness have I heard of eating potato chips w chopsticks??
If any of my family saw me doing that they would smack my hands!!

in japan however you can buy these,
my grandma gave me one once but im too americanized to care about greasy fingers

ea4gti.jpg

It's called a ポテチの手 / Potato Chip hand. I'm sure you could get on online for cheap!

Really? Well I do.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I knew there would the something like that for crisps, lol.

I meant in general by the way about the chopsticks, people who aren't Asian use chopsticks to feel more Asian if that's understandable? It's ridiculous of course, they could use a fork or their fingers but nope...chopsticks because, I hate using this term, their weebs. I know people like this but it doesn't apply to anyone who is interested in Asian culture.

Try using a fork with potato chips! lol It's easier using chopsticks...or fingers, but when you are at the computer and need both hands and don't feel like getting up to wash your hands after each chip. I also use pincer but chopsticks are better if you are eating from the family bag because longer. It's ridiculous to assume that people would use those just to feel more Asian, what the heck? There are things easier to do with chopsticks, like tempura for instance.

Everybody should try it at least once, then use the method that suits you more. Don't care about what other people think, the first time my friend brought chopsticks in the theater to eat her popcorn I thought it was strange, but when I tried it, I thought it was a wonderful idea.

Last edited:
Let's keep this more lighthearted. It's really not something to get worked up over this time. ;)

On topic, I eat any finger foods (chips, fries, crackers, etc.) with a fork or other utensil. I have a weird hangup about feeling any type of food residue on my fingers/hands as I have it in my head that it'll get all over the house and "contaminate" my living space, so... yeah. Not something I talk about often but it's a thing I do and have always done. I still wash my hands before and after eating, but I swear I can still feel food residue (especially oils) on my hands after eating/washing so simplify it for myself by using a fork.

This sounds like a good idea. I will try it and report back.

Not chips, but I use chopsticks to eat Flamin' Hot Cheetohs with. Easier to grab the little buggers with, and the red dye is damn near impossible to wash off from your fingers.

oh yeah, the chips seasoning- good point! i just ate some doritos just now, next time imma think about some chopstix...

Aniko said:
Really? Well I do.

No need for the attitude, I was genuinely trying to be helpful. I just thought it was unusual, not bad or anything.

Aniko said:
Try using a fork with potato chips! lol It's easier using chopsticks...or fingers, but when you are at the computer and need both hands and don't feel like getting up to wash your hands after each chip. I also use pincer but chopsticks are better if you are eating from the family bag because longer. It's ridiculous to assume that people would use those just to feel more Asian, what the heck? There are things easier to do with chopsticks, like tempura for instance.

Also, how are you an english speaking asian, and you do not know about the weird things non-asian do to act asian?
I can't go to my local japanese grocery store without seeing someone who looks like they fell in a bargain bin at hot topic, and of course, they're wearing cat ears or something equally mortifying. Everyone knows about weaboos.
I think people jumped to thinking that was the case, because the majority of us easterners don't eat chips that way. Sure you do, but most of us don't.

I don't know why you're getting so worked up about a way of eating chips. You're the one who posted, "Does anyone else do this?" and when people said "No, that's odd, but okay." You got very defensive.

You do you, friend. It's your life, even if you're not asian you can literally eat and do whatever you want with your food.

Also, what kind of fork could you eat chips with?? Wouldn't that just cause the chips to be crushed? Am I suppose to like catch them between the prongs of the utensil??

Last edited:
Back