• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Ideas for 3 years anniversairy? | SOLVED!

Princess Mipha

૮₍´˶• . • ⑅ ₎ა
Apple 🍎
Lemon 🍋
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
2701-5744-4416
Island
Phirone
Green Balloon
Yellow Bunny Balloon
Cyan Heart Balloon
Sweet Bunny Balloon
Pink Heart Balloon
Isabelle
Lobo
Ruby
Stitches
New Leaf Token
Hello,

so me and my boyfriend will have our 3 years anniversairy in less than 2 weeks.
And I'm gonna be honest, I have absolutely no idea what I should give him..
he doesn't like a lot of things.
I know for sure that he wouldn't like the kind of stuff where you put 100 small papers
in a glass what you love about him or any kind of coupon.

It needs to be something more.. creative?
I know that he needs headphones at the moment, so I guess I will go for that,
but it's a bit boring to just give him headphones for 3 years xD

He likes to play League of Legends and CS:Go, but that's about it.
I made him already everything possible for his favorite LoL Character
and for CS:Go there is not really anything what could fit for a Anniversairy, I think.

So.. any good ideas?
He is 23 and I am 20, if that helps somehow.

Thank you :)

Thank you for every advice!

Last edited:
Well the 3rd Anniversary is the Glass/Crystal or Leather anniversary. For my third anniversary I got my boyfriend a really nice new leather wallet because he needed one badly, and a camcorder for ghost hunting! So a thing he really needed/something that matched the theme, and then something I know he really wanted. Of course you don't NEED to go with the theme, but if you wanted to a nice leather belt or something is always nice too!

Oh and in my boyfriend's wallet I filled it with cute notes in every card slot, inside jokes we have and stuff too to make it more "romantic." He loved it!

Last edited:
Well the 3rd Anniversary is the Glass/Crystal or Leather anniversary. For my third anniversary I got my boyfriend a really nice new leather wallet because he needed one badly, and a camcorder for ghost hunting! So a thing he really needed/something that matched the theme, and then something I know he really wanted. Of course you don't NEED to go with the theme, but if you wanted to a nice leather belt or something is always nice too!

Oh and in my boyfriend's wallet I filled it with cute notes in every card slot, inside jokes we have and stuff too to make it more "romantic." He loved it!

I didn't knew there are themes for Anniversairies :D
First of all: Ghost hunting?! OMG, I'm jealous x)

Now to your idea.. that's actually pretty interesting, I will consider that,
since he always complains about his wallet when I think about it! :)

I didn't knew there are themes for Anniversairies :D
First of all: Ghost hunting?! OMG, I'm jealous x)

Now to your idea.. that's actually pretty interesting, I will consider that,
since he always complains about his wallet when I think about it! :)

Yep, each year has a theme!
And sure technically it's for wedding anniversaries but I like using them for our normal anniversary! And things like wallets and stuff are things boys totally use until they're in shreds and they don't think to buy themselves new ones so he'd probably love it. My boyfriend's wallet was falling apart and had like hardly any sections for his cards and stuff and he'd had it for years and had no intent to buy himself a new one! And yes, the camcorder has night vision on it and we've caught a few minor things but nothing crazy so far!

Yep, each year has a theme!
And sure technically it's for wedding anniversaries but I like using them for our normal anniversary! And things like wallets and stuff are things boys totally use until they're in shreds and they don't think to buy themselves new ones so he'd probably love it. My boyfriend's wallet was falling apart and had like hardly any sections for his cards and stuff and he'd had it for years and had no intent to buy himself a new one! And yes, the camcorder has night vision on it and we've caught a few minor things but nothing crazy so far!

Thanks for the link!
Haha, my boyfriends "wallet" doesn't even has any pockets or whatsoever,
it's just two sides where you can put max. 2 cards inside :rolleyes:
I wished a new camera some time ago from my boyfriend, but if I would ever
go ghosthunting I wouldn't be able to sleep again, even tho I love ghost stuff :lemon:

I tend to give experiences and/or art for anniversaries like this. Tickets to a show or event I know he would like but wouldn't have thought to buy for himself, a day out somewhere (it doesn't have to cost anything but the time and effort to plan), that kind of thing. For art I either commission something or just find something I know he'll like (often from artists of his favourite webcomics).

The best present I ever got him was a Christmas gift of a couple of (very expensive, but worth it) The Lego Movie lego sets. He had been eyeing them off in stores for months but I'd vetoed - when asked - getting anything more than a single $30 set. By the time I realised we're old enough to be able to throw money around on lego if we like, the sets were *very* hard to track down. I organised things with my family so we got him 2 of the 3 sets he'd wanted the most. He loved the gift so much just because I went to the time and trouble of doing it.

My partner and I have been together over 5 years and neither of us *needs* anything anymore, but if we were in our early 20s that would be different I imagine.

In your position I think I'd probably get something practical (such as the wallet) as well as a special experience. Depending on budget and interests, I'd consider a picnic at a beautiful location or something as a starting point.

Good luck :)

I tend to give experiences and/or art for anniversaries like this. Tickets to a show or event I know he would like but wouldn't have thought to buy for himself, a day out somewhere (it doesn't have to cost anything but the time and effort to plan), that kind of thing. For art I either commission something or just find something I know he'll like (often from artists of his favourite webcomics).

The best present I ever got him was a Christmas gift of a couple of (very expensive, but worth it) The Lego Movie lego sets. He had been eyeing them off in stores for months but I'd vetoed - when asked - getting anything more than a single $30 set. By the time I realised we're old enough to be able to throw money around on lego if we like, the sets were *very* hard to track down. I organised things with my family so we got him 2 of the 3 sets he'd wanted the most. He loved the gift so much just because I went to the time and trouble of doing it.

My partner and I have been together over 5 years and neither of us *needs* anything anymore, but if we were in our early 20s that would be different I imagine.

In your position I think I'd probably get something practical (such as the wallet) as well as a special experience. Depending on budget and interests, I'd consider a picnic at a beautiful location or something as a starting point.

Good luck :)

That's a really cute idea, I might plan something like that for my fourth this year. We live by a small lake and it would be nice to just maybe do a little picnic out there or something.

My boyfriend's birthday is coming up this month and I'm taking him to the beach and we're staying in a super nice hotel. We haven't stayed anywhere like this before, I just wanted to make his 25th special. =]

Oh and I can totally verify that if you put in work for whatever it is they'll appreciate it. I've commissioned a drawing(actually two of them) of him and I from some nice artists and we have one of them framed. And one year for X-mas me and my mom pooled some money to get my boyfriend a really nice keyboard. BUT THEN we wrapped a box in the approximate shape of a keyboard and put like wood scraps to make it FEEL like a keyboard, then wrapped a tiny doll keyboard and put that in the large box, we took a video of him opening it and it was fun 'cause we usually do some kind of "joke" either wrapping something super tiny in a bunch of boxes or something like that. When he got to the tiny keyboard and pouted we brought out the real one, it was super funny.

Last edited:
Cool idea! I actually did something similar with a keyboard.
I made an entire keyboard out of paperbox and putted it in a original keyboard box
and he didn't look too happy :'D
But then I gave him the real one :p

Hm.. I will try to find a way to go to the beach, it's only 1 hour driving away, but I don't have a
driving license :') So.. Wallet + Beach + A selfmade card / maybe a drawing that is not too expensive..
sounds like a decent present already. Thank you <:

(I won't really find something he was seeing and wanting for some time, since he literally
doesn't like anything.. it's incredible xD He has zero interest in anything, except in LoL a bit ._. )

Ahhh that sounds lovely KaydeeKrunk, both for your 4th anniversary and for your bf's 25th! Enjoy! Haha joke gifts like that are so fun, I should start doing those again. :D

Looks like a very decent present Zaari! Yikes that makes it difficult when he doesn't like *anything*, you've done well to work with such restrictions!!

give him a slice of butter in a huge cardboard box wrapped up beautifully

give him a slice of butter in a huge cardboard box wrapped up beautifully

We have a cat who would absolutely love that. Butter is her favorite thing in the whole world, I don't know if my boyfriend would appreciate that.

We have a cat who would absolutely love that. Butter is her favorite thing in the whole world, I don't know if my boyfriend would appreciate that.

i gave my best friend of 10 years a tiny piece of butter in a 5 foot by 5 foot by 5 foot box wrapped with ribbons and he was so mad

LOL.. Butter in a box.. I should do that, just to troll him xD

LOL.. Butter in a box.. I should do that, just to troll him xD

I would do that, just so I could smirk at them afterwards and point out that they bought this on themselves *because they are so ridiculously difficult to find gifts for*.

That, or I'd buy myself a present which I'd let them unwrap for me. "Since you didn't want anything, I went ahead and chose something for myself this time!" - I have done that, and it was glorious! :D

I think the 100 notes things and such are very sweet and most people actually do appreciate them, because they can be very personal. For my boyfriend's 1st anniversary, I'm making my BF a giant book cataloging our first year of dating together and it is full of little pop-ups, snippets, lists, and our hobbies. I dunno if maybe you would want to do something similar for your 3rd, but it is something that you kinda just like to keep and look at every so often.

Last edited:
thats a long time! sorry for the basic suggestion but maybe you could bake him something? like cupcakes based off stuff he likes... thats what i would do at least :p

I know there's a lot of wallets that are LoL themed; Etsy, Hot Topic, or just a Google search will bring up a bunch. You could probably find a leather LoL wallet.
Congratulations on your anniversary!

I would do that, just so I could smirk at them afterwards and point out that they bought this on themselves *because they are so ridiculously difficult to find gifts for*.

That, or I'd buy myself a present which I'd let them unwrap for me. "Since you didn't want anything, I went ahead and chose something for myself this time!" - I have done that, and it was glorious! :D

Me!!! So me and my sister had bought a PS3 for my mom and so we watched all our Netflix in the living room and everything, and it has super limited memory so when I started getting my BF some games he'd have to uninstall them and it was annoying. We also didn't have a TV or anything to watch besides my tiny computer screen so it became our "Netflix machine" basically. So for his birthday a few years back I bought "him" a tv and a PS3 with a huge memory. Mostly so I didn't have to strain my neck watching netflix in the room and also so he wouldn't uninstall the few games I actually play. XD

I think the 100 notes things and such are very sweet and most people actually do appreciate them, because they can be very personal. For my boyfriend's 1st anniversary, I'm making my BF a giant book cataloging our first year of dating together and it is full of little pop-ups, snippets, lists, and our hobbies. I dunno if maybe you would want to do something similar for your 3rd, but it is something that you kinda just like to keep and look at every so often.

Mh, the thing is.. our relationship is not really.. exciting, let's say.
Like, we don't have much in common, he has no hobbies, I don't really have a hobby either (except my animals and gaming)..
we barely made pictures since we barely went anywhere.. so something like this would be impossible to do anyways :S

- - - Post Merge - - -

thats a long time! sorry for the basic suggestion but maybe you could bake him something? like cupcakes based off stuff he likes... thats what i would do at least :p

I used to bake a lot for him, but since once he didn't appreciated that the biscuits were not
his taste, I refuse to bake for him, since he doesn't seem to appreciate it a lot lol

- - - Post Merge - - -

I know there's a lot of wallets that are LoL themed; Etsy, Hot Topic, or just a Google search will bring up a bunch. You could probably find a leather LoL wallet.
Congratulations on your anniversary!

Gonna check for that :)
And thank you!

Back