• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

idk...

Toot

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
The Museum is the best section on the forum, but I don't think I can comment here without coming off as a jerk or without insulting someone. Not intentionally, of course, but I've seen it happen in the past. People can't take criticism well. They only want to hear positive things.

Just me blabbering...

lB8fvMv.jpg

Last edited:
concrit only, pls, thx

*insert honest opinion and good advice*

omfg do u not think i did good? ew, r00d. git referred.

sensitivity in a nutshell

Hopefully those who can't take criticism well don't go to art school. It's nothing but 4 years of constructive criticism lmao

Beautiful doggo drawing btw

I think polite constructive criticism should always be encouraged, especially in art! Unless the artist explicitly states they do not want that kind of feedback (which can happen for various reasons and should always be respected whether you agree or not, of course), I would think that any artist posting here should be willing to accept appropriate feedback?

I refer to this post if I'm in any doubt about whether to comment : http://www.belltreeforums.com/showthread.php?6463-Commenting-In-A-Thread

Perhaps writing up a little "disclaimer" type statement that you can add (by copy+paste) to any relevant posts could work for you? So much of the drama here (and anywhere, really) comes from people misunderstanding or assuming the worst because the intentions of the other party were not made clear to them. You can't stop *every* instance of someone thinking you're a jerk or whatever, that's just life. But it would be a shame for you (meaning anyone) to avoid posting in these threads just because it may possibly lead to drama and/or hurt feelings.

- - - Post Merge - - -

And that WIP drawing is wonderful!!

I loveeee your drawings! The lines are so soft. I wish I can draw animals like this. But anyhu, I guess the best possible way to criticise someone without offending them is to not be personal (and don't use harsh words?). Some people tend to take jabs at the artist instead of just commenting on the art.

I'm so jealous of your drawings, your a really good artist! (If only I can draw Splatoon, But I dont have the time and OML I CANT MOVE FROM THIS COUCH.

Personally, I love it when I get criticism, because I know full well that there's something wrong you're seeing in my art, and I don't appreciate you lying to me about it being "great".

Your art is beautiful by the way, I don't see anything wrong with it and it's great.

wait that art style looks really familiar..

oh my god. those look like zunde and sanzu. are you from cursetale or blesstale?

Back