• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Going to the U.S. and need advice

Mu~

🧸
Bells
Green Christmas Stocking
Tin Robot
Matryoshka Doll
Holiday Candy Cane 2020
Christmas Candy
Poptart Easter Egg
Sup guys, especifically I'm visiting new York and Miami and the trip will be the most economic possible.
I'm looking for good economic food takeaway places, nice shopping malls, clothes outlets and entertainment in general. What do you guys suggest?

I live in neither of these places, but I mean in the US the cheapest thing to eat is fast food, but in big cities there are usually a lot of cheaper end restaurants so it wouldn't be hard to find anything in the city hub as well. I've never lived in a big city, I live in a small city, and I used to live in Napa Valley, but that's as "city" as I've lived.

I live in neither of these places, but I mean in the US the cheapest thing to eat is fast food, but in big cities there are usually a lot of cheaper end restaurants so it wouldn't be hard to find anything in the city hub as well. I've never lived in a big city, I live in a small city, and I used to live in Napa Valley, but that's as "city" as I've lived.
Not really looking for fast food, just takeaway, but ty for the advice :p

Last edited:
for shopping, there are tons of amazing thrift shops in america if you're focused on buying nice clothing without the price tag or adidas label - check out some goodwills and others for a day: they have amazing items in some of them! remember that the climate of the area of the usa you're shopping in will change what items are in the shops, e.g; california will have tshirts and alaska will have tons of coats

Sup guys, especifically I'm visiting new York and Miami and the trip will be the most economic possible.
I'm looking for good economic food takeaway places, nice shopping malls, clothes outlets and entertainment in general. What do you guys suggest?

Sorry Im not familiar with either of those cities. If you were going to Chicago or Denver I could help you.

Definitely recommend checking yelp and Google reviews when you're in the area to see what looks good.

Best of luck! I hope you enjoy your time in the states!

advice: don't

though going to 2 different locations completely north and south of the country sounds like the least economic traveling plan

advice: don't

though going to 2 different locations completely north and south of the country sounds like the least economic traveling plan
I didn't pay for the trip, my mom went to a travel agency and this is what they offered her. And it's not even in the date I wanted to go, oh well x.x
What I meant with economic is food, entertainment, etc. Because we already invested too much in hotels and plane tickets, everything else must be cheap.

Last edited:
I wish I could help, i've never been to either cities but I hope you have fun! I'm sure you'll find some great options, like everyone mentioned Yelp is great for food reviews.

Where specifically in New York? NYC? And do you know what part?
Hard Rock Cafe, Nintendo World store and Lego store zone. 7th Ave. And w 42nd st. Around there.

Last edited:
NYC is ridiculously expensive especially if you plan to hang in the touristy parts of Manhattan. With that said, street food is your best bet for relatively cheap takeaway. Have fun paying $20 to go on top of a building. :p

Edit: Do check out Nintendo World and Central Park though, doesn't cost anything and it's an experience.

Last edited:
NYC is ridiculously expensive especially if you plan to hang in the touristy parts of Manhattan. With that said, street food is your best bet for relatively cheap takeaway. Have fun paying $20 to go on top of a building. :p

Edit: Do check out Nintendo World and Central Park though, doesn't cost anything and it's an experience.
Yep, I'll visit CP and all those 3 places I commented on my previous post.

When you do visit CP, don't go on one of those horse carriage rides. Me and my mom went on one once.. dude would not stop talking the entire time and ended up way overcharging us. Also.. be careful as Central Park can be a rather dangerous place. Probably only go there in the daytime.
If you like Hello Kitty, they have a Sanrio store in Times Square. :) or at least they did 2 years ago when I was there

Seconding this. Streetfood is basically a way of life if you aren't planning to spend rediculous amounts of money in actual restaurants there, which really are not that good in my opinion and definitely not worth the price. I would say avoid Times Square like the plague, it is constantly crowded both during the week and weekend more than even Disneyworld's busiest days, everything there is some form of a tourist trap.

You could order delivery from grubhub.com, why do take-away when you can order online.
but if you don't want to then, chelsea and saigon shack (for vietnamese food)

Last edited:
I live on the West Coast, in California, so I can't really help you like a local can. But Yelp is a good starting point for getting a feel for new places (food, restaurants, etc.). If you want to do some second-hand shopping, look for thrift stores (I recommend Goodwills and SPCA thrift stores; they tend to have pretty good items for not too expensive, and the money goes to good causes) or second-hand consignment stores. Typically avoid the big tourist shopping places if you're going economical, since they're designed to get the most money out of you.
Also, be really, REALLY careful during nights and evenings. If you're going someplace when it's getting/is dark out, stay in well-lit areas where there are plenty of other people around. It's better to be safe than sorry, and the last thing you want is to get hurt when you're supposed to be having fun.
I hope you have a great time, and I apologize in advance for any idiots who happen to live here. ^^;

Back