• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Are you proud of being an american?

glover

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Tasty Cake
Isabelle
New Leaf Token
Mailbox
Meh. I wish i was canadian. America has too many problems and so much going on

Kinda, sometimes i feel a bit ashamed of it but not really.

I mean every country has their own problems. America's not so bad when you think about it. I wouldn't say I'm very patriotic either. The only time I really am is during the Olympics.

My pride to be British is hanging by the skin of its teeth, and if I were an American it would be completely tarnished.

Tbh I'd be embarrassed to say I was American. It's true that every country has its bad parts but it seems to me like America has a lot of bad parts compared to most developed countries.

Not really? I do love America as a place, because I was born here... but I'm not really proud of being American. I think that's kind of silly. Why be proud of something like that? Nationalism as a concept has always kind of rubbed me the wrong way. I feel like the attitude of "my country is the best" can even be dangerous, sometimes... it lets people blind themselves to their country's problems, or worse, makes room for xenophobic and racist rhetoric.

There's nothing wrong with loving your country and feeling connected to your heritage (though most Americans' heritage is tied to other places, since we're pretty much all descended from immigrants), but acting like you're superior to people from other places just because you're American is not okay.

Last edited:
well, at least we're not cuba or north korea
just cuba-adjacent

I mean every country has their own problems. America's not so bad when you think about it. I wouldn't say I'm very patriotic either. The only time I really am is during the Olympics.

Pretty much. I'm not ashamed of where I'm from, don't really see the point in being ashamed of it. It's not like all Americans are responsible for everything that goes on in the country.

I was born on memorial day weekend and my brother was born on Veteran's day. I know that one of my family members was a veteran. I always thought I was pretty patriotic. I feel that I am proud of where I come from but I can't always agree with the government. I still look at the constutution very seriously and I honestly hate it when someone tries to break constitutional rules. That could also be because I am very anti discriminatory.

Every country has its issues I don't feel proud but I'm not guilty either as I'm not the president and don't hold all of his views.

I'm not proud to be an American. I was for one day; the day gay marriage became legal. Other than that.. nah.. not with Trump/Pence in office

dear rest of the world,

please purge us from these domestic terrorists in power

thanks

i agree one hundred percent. >_>

I'm not particurarly proud to be America. It feels like it was going good, and then kinda went south since the new election..... Especially, since the new election, honestly. I feel that people think it's okay to be ignorant, stupid, hateful, and so despicable. And, it's a shame it's happening in our own backyards, now. Well, it always has been, but just more so.

And with the current tyrant's decision on throwing chemical weapons everywhere, I'm not surprised, unfortunately, if we just go to war again. .-.

I'm not proud to be British, and if I were American, I might well be more ashamed than proud of that too. While I recognise that individuals are rarely directly responsible for how countries/governments behave and there are good qualities and intentions in most (if not all) places, I feel the weight of what my country has done and continues to do wrong sort of on the back burner of my national consciousness at all times, if that makes sense. I think it may partly be because I come from a family of mixed ethnicities, and was educated from a young age to be sceptical of my own government and nationalism in general, and aware of how Western countries in particular both historically and presently behave.

funny how all these people take for granted the fact that they are living relatively comfortable lives in a stable western democracy that while imperfect, could be much much worse.

funny how all these people take for granted the fact that they are living relatively comfortable lives in a stable western democracy that while imperfect, could be much much worse.

I wouldn't say that recognising what you feel are glaring flaws in and thus not being actively proud of your nation is taking the positives for granted. You can be sceptical or critical while still appreciating what you believe is fair and right about the situation. It's not a black and white issue, in my opinion, and the two aren't mutually exclusive.

IMG_7278.JPG

Y'all don't even know what biscuits are smh

YAASSSS I LOV AMERICA
and I would happily DIE for my country you lmao listen to these ungrateful *****es

Back