• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

War

War is not completely pointless.. if a country is using chemical warfare that violates the Geneva Protocol, absolutely something should be done about it. Ideally, something should be done if a country is making slaves of their people, brainwashing them and treating them like dirt cough cough North Korea cough cough. You shouldn't always just sit back and do nothing.

people with one breath will decry war in all forms, and with the next, bemoan how little we are doing to help those poor syrians

War is always wrong. But sometimes doing nothing is even worse.

people are overreacting to this, claiming it's the start if ww3. this is all just TLAM theatre. trump gets to divert attention from trouble at home, improve his ratings. putin gets to justify increasing his military presence in syria (he's already helping to bolster syrian air defence). win win for both.

I'm not happy about this but Im happy Russia was warned and there were few casualties. I hope this doesnt escalate too much further.

yes, I am glad that syria was able to get all personnel and equipment out before the attacks hit

costing us money for a garbage decision that also accomplished absolutely nothing worthwhile in the slightest

brav-****ing-o Trump, you immature retched idiotic sub-human literal evil scum of a president

I've always wanted to see an impeachment in my lifetime. People thinking this move was smart clearly don't know that the majority of Trump's supporters wanted the United States to be isolated as much as possible and going against their wishes means he is hitting record-setting rates of disapproval among even the Republican population. The move was done without the consent of Congress to begin with, if he keeps up this negligence, the people will take it upon themselves to impeach them. Over 73% of the U.S. does not want to be involved with fighting in Syria and pushing us into another war, this isn't the way for him to gain any brownie points with anyone lol.

Last edited:
I've always wanted to see an impeachment in my lifetime. People thinking this move was smart clearly don't know that the majority of Trump's supporters wanted the United States to be isolated as much as possible and going against their wishes means he is hitting record-setting rates of disapproval among even the Republican population. The move was done without the consent of Congress to begin with, if he keeps up this negligence, the people will take it upon themselves to impeach them. Over 73% of the U.S. does not want to be involved with fighting in Syria and pushing us into another war, this isn't the way for him to gain any brownie points with anyone lol.

Seriously, what will it take to get hjm impeached? It should of been done months ago if you ask me.

Seriously, what will it take to get hjm impeached? It should of been done months ago if you ask me.

You can't get impeached for starting a war with another country. You can only get impeached for high crimes and misdemeanors. Like if you betray America while holding office, you can get impeached for that. If you were offering bribes or accepting bribes while in office, you can get impeached for that. Trump didn't do any of that yet, and the two presidents that got impeached never declared war on another country.

Oh god, so now we have Putin sending out a ship in retaliation. Great job stupid ****ing trump. Now look what you've done. He's definitely started a war and I'm terrified beyond belief.

Apparently Kim is also threatening a war between North Korea and the US too now.

This is so screwed. I'm really scared. I dont want to be part od a war. What makes this worse is that it's due to trump.

i dont get why the response to violence always has to be more violence. more fights and bombs and stuff makes the situation for civilians even worse. i dont know a lot about war strategies but i just feel like it makes it all worse. i get that when someone attacks you or your allies you need to defend yourself or your allies but is it rly necessary to do more stuff

Holy **** just let Assad seize power again not like the rebels ever had a chance

I mean, I get that his reasoning is striking against the people who were terrorizing the country (not us, but within Syria) buuut he refuses refugees.... from Syria.....

It looks like a war is still a distant possibility, but it's a possibility nonetheless. Personally I'd avoid big cities here on out. They managed to get people within our own country to do their acts for them.

Last edited:
Haha well done The USA...You really did it this time.
If you start WW3, every country that has some sort of tie with the US will be damaged and we won't have the kinda okay relationship we have now will we?

oh man sometimes i think about war and how pointless it is. were all the same why are we even divided too...

Doubtful WW3 would actually come out of this since Trump is cozy with Russia. But considering the factors and nations involved, It would be Russia, China, Hezbollah, and Iran vs. Most of the Western World and Saudi Arabia+Turkey. In order for a war to break out there would need to be a conflict with the US and Russia, and even that isn't guaranteed to drag other countires int othe mess. Except that if the Western front backed the rebels they would also empowering terrorist groups and like other interventions in the past would probably lead to another ****storm. So it's doubtful WW3 is gonna happen.

Basically we should keep our asses out of it, if we could learn anything from the past its that you don't **** with the Middle East because nothing good comes out of it.

Last edited:
Doubtful WW3 would actually come out of this since Trump is cozy with Russia. But considering the factors and nations involved, It would be Russia, China, Hezbollah, and Iran vs. Most of the Western World and Saudi Arabia+Turkey. In order for a war to break out there would need to at war with Russia. Except that if the Western front backed the rebels they would also empowering terrorist groups and like other interventions in the past would probably lead to another ****storm. So it's doubtful WW3 is gonna happen.

Basically we should keep our asses out of it, if we could learn anything from the past its that you don't **** with the Middle East because nothing good comes out of it.

Anything can happen and we will need to be prepared, especially when this crazy orange is running around starting crap.

Last edited:
Anything can happen and we will need to be prepared, especially when this crazy orange is running around starting crap.
Yeah he's stupid but unless he attacks Russia or Iran (which he won't) no large-scale multi-international conflict is going to happen. Iran or Syria would have to attack us, and since trade partnership with China is yuge that means there's no way we'd be attacked by them, and Hezbollah is a militant group so they're not even a nation.

I think there's a whole different group of American generals, soldiers, etc. that know a lot more about this whole bombing situation than what buzzfeed is telling us. Most of our lives and educations don't particularly revolve around the knowledge of war and peace tactics, so a lot of the posts in this thread are irrational

Likewise, I think we are prepared for a WW3 in the slim chance it happens

War is always wrong. But sometimes doing nothing is even worse.

If I could like this more than once I would.

While I disagree with the action, I think Trump made a good effort to alert other nations involved and keep casualties to a minimum. You can't please everyone, but I think he was careful in the choice he made.

Oh god, so now we have Putin sending out a ship in retaliation. Great job stupid ****ing trump. Now look what you've done. He's definitely started a war and I'm terrified beyond belief.
you are clueless

I think there's a whole different group of American generals, soldiers, etc. that know a lot more about this whole bombing situation than what buzzfeed is telling us. Most of our lives and educations don't particularly revolve around the knowledge of war and peace tactics, so a lot of the posts in this thread are irrational

McMaster (national security adviser) and Mattis (defence secretary) are both well respected, experienced and competent men. they are the adults of the current administration. you just have to look at the near-unanimous decision of the Senate to vote them in to see the bipartisan support they have

Last edited:
Back