Do you like tall or short villagers?

Short, Medium or Tall Villagers?

• Total voters

GeorgiPig

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Tall villagers examples: Eagle, Horse, Bear.
Medium villager examples: Dog, Cat, Rabbits.
Short villager examples: Squirrel, Frog, Duck, Cub.
And please state your opinion.

I personally like the taller villagers the best. I dont know why I just like how they are taller than the character.
But villagers who are smaller are cute though, Molly being one.

Last edited:
It depends on the species. I hate eagles because they are tall but love bears because they are tall. My overall fav is small though.

Medium, I find it more aesthetically pleasing. I do like the gorillas though.

Medium or small. Not because of the size itself, but the species. I'm not a fan of any of the big species.

Medium sized villagers, though I do like horses and short villagers. I just like their design more since they match the height of my character.

I just like medium height npcs, i hate small ones, they look fat and just weird but the tall ones look really lanky lol so the middle is fine

It depends on the species. I hate eagles because they are tall but love bears because they are tall. My overall fav is small though.

Same though I do tend to find the short villagers (ducks, cubs, and mice) to be waaay too cute. I just put Rod in my town and the cutie is instantly never leaving after I saw him next to my mayor.

Either short or medium. I don't really like the cats, though ... they seem too skinny and too tall for my liking.

I like the short ones, because.. well, I'm just a huge fan of Squirrels >o<
But I also like Dotty and Bunny.. and Chai, but otherwise, short ones are the best :)

I voted "short" for the poll, but I mean it in a different way. I like all types of animals. I just like their pre-New Leaf designs better. In NL, the animals(and humans) were made taller, and it doesn't look right to me. So I prefer their Animal Forest-City Folk designs instead.

I like short and medium sized villagers, but I think I like short villagers a little more because I'm crazy short irl (i'm not even 5 feet tall sadly) so I like it when my character isn't the shortest

Last edited:
A town full of only small villagers would be interesting since the height difference is so much greater than with the tall villagers...

Although I voted for tall, cause I myself am tall (6'5"), I prefer towns with an even mix. I think the diversity makes it more fun ~

I'm gonna say medium, because I feel like that's a good in between because sometimes I find myself liking tall and small villagers. For example my favourite villagers are the rabbits, and they're quite a tall character model but I also find the squirrels in this game really cute. It depends on how their character models are represented in game, to determine how I feel about them. There are some tall villagers that I don't really like the look of for example bears and there are some small villagers that i'm not too fond of like the frogs.

Last edited:
If I had to pick just one side I'd say tall, but tbh I generally like most villager species that have unusual dimentions compared to the norm. Which includes small ones like squirrels and mice. I always try to have at least a couple "big" and "small" ones in every town I make :)

Hmmm, I like short ones (like the squirrels and hamsters) because I'm quite short irl. So they're relatable for me :p

But I do also like the tall villagers, like the elephant and bears. So I'd have to choose both~lol

But I voted for short again purely because I'm short and can relate, and I also think they're super cute.

Last edited:
Back