• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you like tall or short villagers?

Short, Medium or Tall Villagers?

• Total voters

GeorgiPig

Bells
Tall villagers examples: Eagle, Horse, Bear.
Medium villager examples: Dog, Cat, Rabbits.
Short villager examples: Squirrel, Frog, Duck, Cub.
And please state your opinion.

I personally like the taller villagers the best. I dont know why I just like how they are taller than the character.
But villagers who are smaller are cute though, Molly being one.

Last edited:
It depends on the species. I hate eagles because they are tall but love bears because they are tall. My overall fav is small though.

Medium, I find it more aesthetically pleasing. I do like the gorillas though.

Medium or small. Not because of the size itself, but the species. I'm not a fan of any of the big species.

Medium sized villagers, though I do like horses and short villagers. I just like their design more since they match the height of my character.

I just like medium height npcs, i hate small ones, they look fat and just weird but the tall ones look really lanky lol so the middle is fine

I like either tall medium or small. I think most of my villagers are medium height though

It depends on the species. I hate eagles because they are tall but love bears because they are tall. My overall fav is small though.

Same though I do tend to find the short villagers (ducks, cubs, and mice) to be waaay too cute. I just put Rod in my town and the cutie is instantly never leaving after I saw him next to my mayor.

Either short or medium. I don't really like the cats, though ... they seem too skinny and too tall for my liking.

i like medium because.. i like the medium villagers (oh that cute little bunny i want to pet it)

I like the short ones, because.. well, I'm just a huge fan of Squirrels >o<
But I also like Dotty and Bunny.. and Chai, but otherwise, short ones are the best :)

I voted "short" for the poll, but I mean it in a different way. I like all types of animals. I just like their pre-New Leaf designs better. In NL, the animals(and humans) were made taller, and it doesn't look right to me. So I prefer their Animal Forest-City Folk designs instead.

I like short and medium sized villagers, but I think I like short villagers a little more because I'm crazy short irl (i'm not even 5 feet tall sadly) so I like it when my character isn't the shortest

Last edited:
A town full of only small villagers would be interesting since the height difference is so much greater than with the tall villagers...

Although I voted for tall, cause I myself am tall (6'5"), I prefer towns with an even mix. I think the diversity makes it more fun ~

I'm gonna say medium, because I feel like that's a good in between because sometimes I find myself liking tall and small villagers. For example my favourite villagers are the rabbits, and they're quite a tall character model but I also find the squirrels in this game really cute. It depends on how their character models are represented in game, to determine how I feel about them. There are some tall villagers that I don't really like the look of for example bears and there are some small villagers that i'm not too fond of like the frogs.

Last edited:
If I had to pick just one side I'd say tall, but tbh I generally like most villager species that have unusual dimentions compared to the norm. Which includes small ones like squirrels and mice. I always try to have at least a couple "big" and "small" ones in every town I make :)

Hmmm, I like short ones (like the squirrels and hamsters) because I'm quite short irl. So they're relatable for me :p

But I do also like the tall villagers, like the elephant and bears. So I'd have to choose both~lol

But I voted for short again purely because I'm short and can relate, and I also think they're super cute.

Last edited:
Back