• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

When you were a kid, what did you want to be? What are you now?

The first thing I ever wanted to be was a paleontologist. Now I'm in music school XD changed my mind a couple of times but I love where I am now

I wanted to be an artist :) I always loved drawing and such... now I'm looking into being a graphic designer ^u^

An artist... I have a degree in Painting but I haven't gone anywhere with it yet. I only just graduated. Art school kinda killed my passion for art.. hoping to get it back some day

I also wanted to be a veterinarian, which I still think sounds cool but I am terrible at math/science and some dogs kinda scare me

I've always wanted to be a lawyer since I was a kid and now I'm going to law school! But I kinda want to be a diplomat too, so I took a minor in this one foreign country's language, culture, and politics!

i wanted to be a vet because that seemed like a neutral job so people couldn't argue about it with me because i was afraid people would think i'm weird for wanting to draw or design. now i think im going to be some sort of artist. maybe for comic books because its the only thing i'm OK at. i really hope i stick to an art job and it all works out

I wanted to be everything lol. Orthodontist, pediatrician, guitarist in a rock band, lead singer in a band, ballerina, teacher, university professor, marketer/advertiser, astronaut, astronomer, chemist, biologist, the person who found the cause and cure for autism, mother, wife, and a few other things that I can't think of at the moment.

Now I work at Burger King. I have a BS in Marketing, but crippling depression and anxiety that basically have me bedridden. I'm a lazy bum with no skills or motivation and a LOT of student debt. Adulthood sucks, man.

When I was little I wanted to become an archaeologist. History interested me pretty much and it still does, but I can study it my own
and that is enough for me. Nowadays I am studying as dental technician and I have enjoyed every single day. : )

Aaren

I wanted to sing as a kid. Really, that was my first dream. I loved singing.

Although I do have some average skills in singing, drawing, and writing and other arts, I just don't feel I'm up to par really with life.

I'm basically not doing anything but working in a crap job of like 3 hours per week at most, in retail. Fun. .-.

I never really knew but I said I wanted to be a vet, doctor and artist over my primary school years. Being a mangaka would be cool or getting into illustration but I will NEVER EVER TAKE ART FOR GCSE OR A LEVELS NEVER EVER. The stress put on my sister was unreal you have no idea. Anyway right now I'm just a random girl in high school. I wish they would stop asking us what we want to do. We're all still so young it's seriously stressing me out.

i wanted to be a ton of different things as a kid -- vet, archaeologist, wildlife photographer -- and in fact didn't even settle on one until a few years ago. unfortunately i'm not any more closer than that to achieving my goals because of financial reasons, but i'm definitely getting close and i can't wait to go back to school. :')

Last edited:
I really wanted to be a teacher when I was younger! I've set my goals on architecture and interior design nowadays and passing my exams next summer will bring me one step closer to my goal.

i wanted to be an author and a scientist. i still want to become an author, it'll be a sidejob to something else which i've still got to 100% decide lol

Well I started playing piano when I was halfway through first grade, and I've wanted to be a musician ever since. Now I'm going to college next year to study music and piano performance. Also, astrophysics.

When I was really young (like pre-school age), I wanted to be a veterinarian, because I love animals. But I soon realized I wasn't very interested in being a doctor of any sort.

Last edited:
I wanted to be a chef and now I'm a government slave for the US Forest Service. :p Will be quitting soon to make time for traveling over this summer.

I was actually dead set on being a cartoonist until I was 15... so for most of my life. :) I'm 17 now and I'm actually going in to be a history teacher! :blush:

I went through a couple of phases, but nothing really stood out, so I don't really have any idea what I want to do ;;

I want a high paying job, but they all look **** so I guess I'm just gonna end up like most people

- - - Post Merge - - -

I never really knew but I said I wanted to be a vet, doctor and artist over my primary school years. Being a mangaka would be cool or getting into illustration but I will NEVER EVER TAKE ART FOR GCSE OR A LEVELS NEVER EVER. The stress put on my sister was unreal you have no idea. Anyway right now I'm just a random girl in high school. I wish they would stop asking us what we want to do. We're all still so young it's seriously stressing me out.

Whoops too late for me lmfao
It doesn't seem that stressful tbh? Just boring with the writing

I wanted to be an artist, more so even, a cartoonist!

I'm currently in school for linguistics though, and translation. Turns out having a second language that is not super common can be lucrative. I am trying to secure art grants next semester though, and I am minoring in art!

Back