When you were a kid, what did you want to be? What are you now?

kylie32123

ᑕᗩT ᒪOᐯEᖇ
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Switch
6699-4439-7572
Tasty Cake
Yellow Candy
When I was little, I always wanted to be a doctor. Or a dentist. Or a veterinarian. It's always been in the medical field for me. Right now I definitely want to be a veterinarian. Who am I now? A slob basically.

a primary school teacher, and i'm going to teacher training college in 2 years!!

I wanted to be a surgeon for the longest time, but I'm currently an English major with no plans on doing pre-reqs for medical school. I'll probably end up working in a library full time or as a professor.

When I was a kid, I wanted to be a vet or a kindergarten teacher.

I stopped wanting to be a vet when I learned that I'd have to put animals down and I stopped wanting to be a kindergarten teacher because the demand for teachers in general where I live is so low.

I am now a Graphic Designer!

I wanted to be a singer. Now I produce my own music and, more prominently, I'm a digital artist. With enough dedication you really can make anything happen.

I wanted to be an author. I wanted to be able to write and illustrate my own books, and publish them, but that goal soon left my mind when I realised how ridiculously hard it would be to be able to live off of a job like that. Now I don't know what I want to do with my life. I'm learning Japanese right now, so maybe translation, but I also would like to learn Korean too (which is pretty similar to Japanese in terms of grammar from what other people have told me). :')

when i was younger i wanted to be in the medical field somewhere. right now i want to be either a solicitor or a barrister. i'm thinking ahead with a law career in mind, but i fear that even though im good at argument based subjects and i could get there academically, my lack of confidence in public situations wouldn't make it a good job for me, therefore im open for other options.

I wasn't sure when I was a kid. But I want to be an ice cream man at the ice cream store. But I'm at home because I don't have my diploma yet.

When I was a kid I wanted to be a Disney princess, but now I have a few license at hand just wanted to be in school and learn a little more before I start working for realz

At the very first I wanted to be a chemister/scientist because of Zelda in Sabrina the teenage Witch, when she was doing her stuff with the scientist kit I found that so cool. A while later I discovered mangas so I wanted to be a mangaka.

Right now I'm still in high school, considering entering an art school if I get accepted here (if not, programming studies).

Last edited:
I always wanted to be an author or a police officer. Now that my mental illness is long term I can't be an officer.
Now I want to be a psychologist or counsellor (I'm 18 so I don't have a permanent job).

I wanted to be a ballerina lmao

now I really want to go into the medical field, not quite sure what yet. That is a broad term but I like the idea of being surgeon or surgical nurse of sorts.

Last edited:
I was always told I was going to be a doctor so I never put much thought into what I actually wanted to do.

But looking back on my childhood, I've always enjoyed gardening. I also liked mixing different things to see what would happen - funny, as I'm currently a chemistry major, haha ~

a vet. later i found out i couldn't bear dealing with hurt animals and started going down the more academic route, teaching. however, i found out i couldn't deal with that, and i got a deep respect for teachers, and i came back to writing, majoring in literature.

Still a kid, unsure of my purpose. Something electronic, maybe?

When I was a kid I wanted to be a veterinarian.
I'm in pharmacy school though to become a pharmacist in 2019 lol

I wanted to be an archaeologist. I started watching history documentaries in preschool, and I just found archaeologists amazing. In kindergarten, I would conduct "archaeological digs" in the sandbox; my friends would hide stuff, then I'd dig it up and make up what it was to a past culture. XD
Now, I'm in my 2nd year of my archaeological study internship, I'm majoring in anthropology, and I'm thinking of double-majoring in archaeology and forensic anthropology when I go for my Masters and, later, my PhD. My dreams are coming true! :D

Back