• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

When you were a kid, what did you want to be? What are you now?

kylie32123

ᑕᗩT ᒪOᐯEᖇ
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
6699-4439-7572
Tasty Cake
Yellow Candy
When I was little, I always wanted to be a doctor. Or a dentist. Or a veterinarian. It's always been in the medical field for me. Right now I definitely want to be a veterinarian. Who am I now? A slob basically.

a primary school teacher, and i'm going to teacher training college in 2 years!!

I am always want to be english professor and will currently doing attending collage course for english in a 2 year :)

I wanted to be a surgeon for the longest time, but I'm currently an English major with no plans on doing pre-reqs for medical school. I'll probably end up working in a library full time or as a professor.

When I was a kid, I wanted to be a vet or a kindergarten teacher.

I stopped wanting to be a vet when I learned that I'd have to put animals down and I stopped wanting to be a kindergarten teacher because the demand for teachers in general where I live is so low.

I am now a Graphic Designer!

I wanted to be a singer. Now I produce my own music and, more prominently, I'm a digital artist. With enough dedication you really can make anything happen.

I never knew what I wanted to be as a kid.

And I still don't.

I wanted to be an author. I wanted to be able to write and illustrate my own books, and publish them, but that goal soon left my mind when I realised how ridiculously hard it would be to be able to live off of a job like that. Now I don't know what I want to do with my life. I'm learning Japanese right now, so maybe translation, but I also would like to learn Korean too (which is pretty similar to Japanese in terms of grammar from what other people have told me). :')

when i was younger i wanted to be in the medical field somewhere. right now i want to be either a solicitor or a barrister. i'm thinking ahead with a law career in mind, but i fear that even though im good at argument based subjects and i could get there academically, my lack of confidence in public situations wouldn't make it a good job for me, therefore im open for other options.

I wasn't sure when I was a kid. But I want to be an ice cream man at the ice cream store. But I'm at home because I don't have my diploma yet.

When I was a kid I wanted to be a Disney princess, but now I have a few license at hand just wanted to be in school and learn a little more before I start working for realz

At the very first I wanted to be a chemister/scientist because of Zelda in Sabrina the teenage Witch, when she was doing her stuff with the scientist kit I found that so cool. A while later I discovered mangas so I wanted to be a mangaka.

Right now I'm still in high school, considering entering an art school if I get accepted here (if not, programming studies).

Last edited:
I always wanted to be an author or a police officer. Now that my mental illness is long term I can't be an officer.
Now I want to be a psychologist or counsellor (I'm 18 so I don't have a permanent job).

I wanted to be a ballerina lmao

now I really want to go into the medical field, not quite sure what yet. That is a broad term but I like the idea of being surgeon or surgical nurse of sorts.

Last edited:
I was always told I was going to be a doctor so I never put much thought into what I actually wanted to do.

But looking back on my childhood, I've always enjoyed gardening. I also liked mixing different things to see what would happen - funny, as I'm currently a chemistry major, haha ~

a vet. later i found out i couldn't bear dealing with hurt animals and started going down the more academic route, teaching. however, i found out i couldn't deal with that, and i got a deep respect for teachers, and i came back to writing, majoring in literature.

Still a kid, unsure of my purpose. Something electronic, maybe?

When I was a kid I wanted to be a veterinarian.
I'm in pharmacy school though to become a pharmacist in 2019 lol

I wanted to be an archaeologist. I started watching history documentaries in preschool, and I just found archaeologists amazing. In kindergarten, I would conduct "archaeological digs" in the sandbox; my friends would hide stuff, then I'd dig it up and make up what it was to a past culture. XD
Now, I'm in my 2nd year of my archaeological study internship, I'm majoring in anthropology, and I'm thinking of double-majoring in archaeology and forensic anthropology when I go for my Masters and, later, my PhD. My dreams are coming true! :D

Back