Red Feather
Father's Day Carnation
Cherry (Fruit)
Happy Home Designer Token
Orange Mote of Flame
Apple (Fruit)
January Birthstone (Garnet)
Cake
I'm only 15 years old, and I've currently had type 1 diabetes for over 4 years now. I do not typically say I "hate" things, but this is an exception: I really hate this.

I hate the fact that I have to check to make sure I'm not going to go into a coma over night because my glucose gets too low.

I hate that I can't eat snacks throughout the day like I did as a kid, that I have to monitor what I eat or else it will hurt me.

I hate when my glucose gets too high and I feel like crap the rest of the day because of it.

I hate the fact that I have to deal with this for the next 10 or so years possibly longer because of stupid health care problems.

I hate the fact that when I first tell someone about my disease they tease me by saying "oh you have diabetes? but you're not fat!!!!"

I hate the app on my Iphone called "Dexcom" that will make a nonstop beep noise that I hear atleast 1000 times a day, it gets a bit annoying.

I hate literally everything about this whole stupid disease that I have been given and all the stupidity around it. I'm sorry for making this post but I really need to vent out my anger for all the dumb personal stuff I have to deal with right now. When I type this post my blood sugar (glucose) is currently 367 and I have to finish this biology project at 1:00 AM.

It might be good to speak to a counselor or doctor about your frustrations with your issue. I have PCOS and gain fat very quickly in my abdominal area, thus I have to stay very active and keep a pretty good eye on what I eat at all times, as well as take a variety of pills. Learning helpful ways to live happily with diabetes would probably help with your general health and not make you so stressed about it, unfortunately I don't think most of us can offer you the same formal advice that an actual professional can.

Though your condition must suck, I'm going to go ahead and close this here as it doesn't really create much discussion. Instead, feel free to use the Blog Tree, or even the What's Bothering You thread to post about your woes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back