• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Real places with weird names

A street near where I live is called Speilburg. There's also a Heming Way (like Ernest Hemingway), and a Tolkein Avenue.

There's so many in Canada. Like Medicine Hat, Yellowknife, White Horse, Happy Valley Goose Bay

Arizona has a bunch of weird town names:

Santa Claus
Top-Of-The-World
Surprise
Three Way-(Hmmm...I need to pay a visit here)
Ajo-The Spanish word for garlic
Happy Jack-Perhaps the founders of this town were big fans of The Who
Why
Nothing
Bullhead City

Ahahaha! I Live In AZ and this is just funny to me! XD LOL! and i was like Why do we have a place in AZ named Why? XD haha

- - - Post Merge - - -

A street near where I live is called Speilburg. There's also a Heming Way (like Ernest Hemingway), and a Tolkein Avenue.

LOL! Omg this reminds me of Silent Hill 2! XD haha they have almost the same signs! XD

lol haha xD ikr? like why would u name a place that? it sounds so funny but so messed up but still funny! haha

It had a different meaning at the time. lol

"Another theory concerns two famous roads that crossed here. The Old King's highway from Philadelphia to Pittsburgh (now the Old Philadelphia Pike) ran east and west through the center of the town. The road from Wilmington to Erie intersected in the middle. The joining of these two roads is claimed by some to be the basis for the town 'Cross Keys' or eventually 'Intercourse'.[1] A final idea comes from the use of language during the early days of the Village. The word 'intercourse' was commonly used to describe the 'fellowship' and 'social interaction and support' shared in the community of faith, which was much a part of a rural village like this one.[1]"

It had a different meaning at the time. lol

"Another theory concerns two famous roads that crossed here. The Old King's highway from Philadelphia to Pittsburgh (now the Old Philadelphia Pike) ran east and west through the center of the town. The road from Wilmington to Erie intersected in the middle. The joining of these two roads is claimed by some to be the basis for the town 'Cross Keys' or eventually 'Intercourse'.[1] A final idea comes from the use of language during the early days of the Village. The word 'intercourse' was commonly used to describe the 'fellowship' and 'social interaction and support' shared in the community of faith, which was much a part of a rural village like this one.[1]"

wow i didn't know that! cool! :D and still sounds a bit inappropriate to the wrong eyes haha xD like reminds me of Family Guy when they did a quick skit of Quagmire if he ran the Cleveland Show and it shows Intercourse PA as everything Glenn likes haha XD but i can't stop laughing at some of the names like Sycamore Georgia why would u name a place after a tree? lmao!

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch Is a town in wales

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch Is a town in wales

lol! XD haha like someone had a stoke on that one or put their face on a keyboard and just let their face do the typing lol xD not saying anything mean about a person having a stroke just looks like it to me not what i said. the writing i mean! lol xD

Last edited:
Batman, Turkey (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman,_Turkey)

the mayor of Batman actually tried suing Warner Brothers a few years ago because the psychological impact of the movies were supposedly causing women to commit suicide. shockingly it turned out that "honor suicides" are a big thing there and that the movies had no impact on it.

wow thats very interesting! i never knew that! and lol on your signature haha why didn't i think of that? and lol i have Iggly in my town now but he is moving out soon

Last edited:
Back