• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

FE Heroes discussion

This is a silly question, but how do you raise a 4 star to a 5 star? The game mentions it in the tutorials but I'm not sure what item I need. I want to upgrade Niles. Actually besides orbs, I don't know what any of the items do. lol

I also got Ryoma and Zelgius without trying, but I still can't get anyone fun from the New Years event.

The unit you want to promote will need to be at least level 20, then you can go to Allies > Advanced Growth > Unlock Potential. For 4* to 5* you'll need 20,000 feathers and 20 great badges of their unit colour, so it's quite costly.

February is looking like it has a lot of nice content coming. There's another mini TT starting on the 30th, so many orbs. This is great, and I'm excited to see what the next CYL units will be. I don't see any mention of a new mode though, unless they intend it to be an anniversary surprise announcement. I feel like we need another mode to work on in between the gauntlets and TT's.

OHHHH BABEYYYYY

image.png

- - - Post Merge - - -

omg he's huge im so sorry

Capture.jpg

We really need a salt emoji

- - - Post Merge - - -

OHHHH BABEYYYYY

image.png

- - - Post Merge - - -

omg he's huge im so sorry

Ur like 4 months behind i got mine in september. clearly better than yours

Zelgius.jpg

February is looking like it has a lot of nice content coming. There's another mini TT starting on the 30th, so many orbs. This is great, and I'm excited to see what the next CYL units will be. I don't see any mention of a new mode though, unless they intend it to be an anniversary surprise announcement. I feel like we need another mode to work on in between the gauntlets and TT's.

i wanna know what's in that planned version update, hopefully there's some improvement to summoning units.

View attachment 213799

We really need a salt emoji

i dont get it

The unit you want to promote will need to be at least level 20, then you can go to Allies > Advanced Growth > Unlock Potential. For 4* to 5* you'll need 20,000 feathers and 20 great badges of their unit colour, so it's quite costly.

Ooh cool, something to use feathers on. I think I am near 20,000 now anyway. I don't have any great badges yet though. I haven't had much time to play lately so I have just been logging in for all the free orbs and fun summons. I like getting a free hero and then summoning more with less orbs. I should play more of the story.

i wanna know what's in that planned version update, hopefully there's some improvement to summoning units.

Wow I never noticed that version update when I first looked. Here's hoping they let us turn off the enemy phase music at last, that would be amazing. I also wish we had a daily summon feature like other gacha games. I think it's great that we get one free summon with a new banner but there are some long spells between banners where there have been orb droughts and no incentive to summon, but I think a daily half price (2 or 3 orbs/another currency?) summon would go down really well. I have no idea how they would implement it if they ever do, but maybe having this particular banner locked to 3-4* units would keep it balanced. Then it would serve exclusively as a fodder banner which would be helpful, plus there are some really great units in the 4* pool that I'd love to have a chance at getting each day rather than summoning them on the off chance while pulling hard for a 5*. I dunno, maybe it's asking too much. I do think IS have been really generous with us so far, but there are some nice features in other gacha games that I wish we had at the same time.

I also bought that starter pack. Mostly for the orbs, I'll admit. Then I got diddly squat from the orbs and I was sad.

I'm in saving mode again. Got nothing from Ryomas banner except for an Ogma. Hoshidan units hate me

EDIT: I lied. I summoned one more time. At least I can bring my male corrin to +5 :)

Last edited:
I'm considering a mage tank Lukas build. But it involves killing off my only dear Berkut I want to make a +10 merge when so many are released.
Yeah he isn't gonna be very good at tanking mages unless you run berkut's lance refined with double distant defense, and he wouldn't be able to run distant counter at that point and would also lose out on defense investment which would mean he would be taking less zeros

- - - Post Merge - - -

If you want to run a mage tank lance user, florina, gwendolyn, and effie all make great use of berkut's lance.

Wow I never noticed that version update when I first looked. Here's hoping they let us turn off the enemy phase music at last, that would be amazing. I also wish we had a daily summon feature like other gacha games. I think it's great that we get one free summon with a new banner but there are some long spells between banners where there have been orb droughts and no incentive to summon, but I think a daily half price (2 or 3 orbs/another currency?) summon would go down really well. I have no idea how they would implement it if they ever do, but maybe having this particular banner locked to 3-4* units would keep it balanced. Then it would serve exclusively as a fodder banner which would be helpful, plus there are some really great units in the 4* pool that I'd love to have a chance at getting each day rather than summoning them on the off chance while pulling hard for a 5*. I dunno, maybe it's asking too much. I do think IS have been really generous with us so far, but there are some nice features in other gacha games that I wish we had at the same time.

I also bought that starter pack. Mostly for the orbs, I'll admit. Then I got diddly squat from the orbs and I was sad.

i'm on board with all of those ideas, would be nice if the daily unit maps would reset every now and then too, maybe throw in more units.

Voted for Conrad because he's one of my favourite SoV characters. Also that memory prism with small Conrad and small Celica. Today I voted for my favourite character in FE, Silas. I know he won't make it, but just want to show my support

Any advice for a build for Micaiah? Shes got an attack boon

offensive
thani
death blow/fury
desperation
res ploy
sacrifice
iceberg
sacred seal: brash assault 3

defensive
thani
distant def 3
guard
C skill is your choice
sacrifice/reposition/draw back
iceberg/glacies
sacred seal: quick riposte 3

Last edited:
offensive
thani
death blow/fury
desperation
res ploy
sacrifice
iceberg
sacred seal: brash assault 3

defensive
thani
distant def 3
guard
C skill is your choice
sacrifice/reposition/draw back
iceberg/glacies
sacred seal: quick riposte 3

Fury/desperation wouldn't really work on her because her speed is so low, she would never get doubles off, but the second build you posted is fairly solid as a bait build.

@XxIcePrincessxX I think if you wanted an offensive build, you could give her a breaker (blue/red tome, lance/sword) for whatever unit you're struggling with, and death blow could work a little better with that on player phase. If you want a build where she can be used to safely bait, I would go distant def, guard, and the quick riposte seal. Honestly her base kit is pretty good. All she really needs is the QR seal to make it more effective, and either res or atk ploy as a C slot.

Last edited:
Back