• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Favorite really weird furniture item?

shakemyfeathers

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
I feel like everyone's had that experience where the furniture they get from a tree, or that shows up in one of their shops, or is offered by a villager... is unbelievably weird and kind of unexpected for the game. I can't be alone in having the weird furniture item(s) for laughs later on, either.

Mine is the wheat field (will edit in pic once I have enough posts). I'm now working on a room involving various conspiracy-related items, with all of the empty tiles being surrounded by expansive wheat.

Also, hi I'm new. Cool forums. :p

Hi and welcome to the forums!~ :)
One day, the cute little deer, Erik, came up to me and gave me the unknown machine:

It's just a button that you can press and it either goes all the way down or all the way up. I like it a lot for my lab, I use it like an emergency button.

I love the reversi piece. It just flips over and makes a little click noise but I do it every time I walk into the room that it's in multiple times because I like it haha! Welcome to TBT :)

Idk if it's considered wierd but I love the water bird.

I love all the interactive furniture. I think my favourite is probably the lovely phone - I don't know why but it always makes me smile to call to check on my fortune using it. One of my towns didn't have Katrina's fortune-telling shop for sooooo long (I only just got it last month) and usingthe lovely phone was the only way for me to find out what the lucky item was if a character was tripping over all the time. Now that I have Katrina in both my towns I still like using the phone!

manneken-pis.jpg

I remember getting the manneken pis from Gulliver in AC Gamecube.I thought it was funny that Nintendo would include a peeing statue in the game.From what I've read,the real Manneken Pis(the name means "little man pee" in Dutch) is located in Brussels,Belgium and they dress it up in bizarre costumes every week.

I wouldn't say weird furniture but I have this weird obsession of frequently trying to interact and make the hunter wave whenever I see one in Felyne's house or RV.

A few things come to mind ... love the Zelda heart ... I walk through over and over ... too sweet!
Love the manikin pis (in one of my houses I have two - one on each side of the main entry ... if you visit me, you get whizzed on (I know ... frowns at my immaturity)
Love the triforce that disassembles and reassembles ... I usually touch it three or four times for my amusement ... lol
This isn't really the same, but I also love the PWP Jungle Gym because it spins.
❤ welcome! ❤

I like the Mouth of Truth and how it makes a face when you interact with it. (put your hand in it).

The real one in Rome was featured in the old movie "Roman Holiday" with Gregory Peck and Audrey Hepburn.

I got a piece of furniture that just has a big red button on it and when you press it, it makes a bleeping sound! I love it :p

I love the backyard pool with the little ducky floating in the middle. Not sure if it's considered weird. Oh and all the gyroids... I like to decorate my house with em.

Welcome to the forums!

I love the backyard pool with the little ducky floating in the middle. Not sure if it's considered weird. Oh and all the gyroids... I like to decorate my house with em.

Welcome to the forums!

Ahhhhh the gyroids!!! My 5 year old nephew just discovered them this week and is fascinated by them! He had just worked out he could move furniture around using the WA update feature and started sending some of my gyroids flying and was instantly a fan - I don't know if he loves the actions or the noises more but he's desperate to come over and play again to see them. He does the cutest impression of them moving his arms and head whilst clicking his tongue.

So the gyroids are now my absolute favourite! :D

Back