ROAST my Dream Address 2.0

Hey! I always wanted to travel to your town, but never had the motivation and time to do it, but when I read about the purple sunrise a few days ago, I just HAVE to go!
Maybe you have to know, that I'm "only" 15 years old and from Switzerland, so it's not my first language, but I'm learning it at school.
When I arrived my first thought was like: "Arize from Azulon, that justs sounds perfect!"
Of course I can't describe it as well as I would do it in (Swiss)German, but I'm trying to do it well. First: Your path! It's just so rare and lovely, it just fits! Then all that cute and lovely PWPs, that just fit perfectly. Your villagers, gosh, they're just so nice. Altough you said, that your town/house aren't finished yet, they're so pretty. You can furnish pretty good! I felt so well in your houses.

In my opinion a town never really finishes. I have friends, they are playing AC for 4 years, and haven't finishes. Maybe you will always change things, they will just develop time by time. But your town is just so incredibly adorable! You can be proud of it and yourself!

Awe thank you so much! Your English was perfectly fine and I appreciate you visiting my town and giving your opinion. You are so kind ^_^

I'm not good at giving reviews so I'm gonna keep this short.

I think your town is coming along great. There's some bare areas but I'm sure you have some ideas on what to do with them. I like the combination of paths you're using, the colorful brick paths and the thinner wooden paths go great together. I also think you have a nice selection of villagers. Maple was actually one of my starter villagers back on the Gamecube so it always brings me a smile to see her in peoples towns. Dobie seems really cool as well. This is actually the first time I've seen him in-game.

Then there are some nice little details that I thought was really cool like Link's house with the cuccus, pots, compass etc., the picnic blanket and fruit baskets on the private little beach and using the Bolero of Fire as your town tune.

Azulon really has a lot of things going for it and I'm looking forward to seeing it when it's completed.

I'm not good at giving reviews so I'm gonna keep this short.

I think your town is coming along great. There's some bare areas but I'm sure you have some ideas on what to do with them. I like the combination of paths you're using, the colorful brick paths and the thinner wooden paths go great together. I also think you have a nice selection of villagers. Maple was actually one of my starter villagers back on the Gamecube so it always brings me a smile to see her in peoples towns. Dobie seems really cool as well. This is actually the first time I've seen him in-game.

Then there are some nice little details that I thought was really cool like Link's house with the cuccus, pots, compass etc., the picnic blanket and fruit baskets on the private little beach and using the Bolero of Fire as your town tune.

Azulon really has a lot of things going for it and I'm looking forward to seeing it when it's completed.

Thank you so much for visiting! I appreciate your opinion and hope you'll visit again once it's done! :)

I really loved visiting Azulon (I mean I was super excited to visit when I saw the name too).

The themed houses are coming along nicely. I got to Zuko's last and am in love with what you've got for it so far! (my sister adores it too, she was swearing about how good it was and wants to just transport it to her own town, haha) Link's house was super cute too! I'm not nearly as acquainted with LoZ as I am with AtLA though, so I may have missed super cute references. I don't want to critique the houses too hard, since they are still very much WIPs as you said, but most rooms I got a good vibe from them and understood what you were going for (I think).

The paths were lovely. The blue-turquoise bricks went really nicely with the fairy-tale PWPs. and the thin paths were a nice addition to the smaller spaces. They were layed out quite well, and I liked how I was able to easily walk around any area. Also a really nice and subtle water path. One of my favourite little things is including a water grate by the water pump PWP, and it was super cute in your town, I had to take a screenshot!
WVW69kPXhe45jJ77cJ.jpg

The mix of villagers you have is pretty good (I knew every name), and adding the matching flowers around each house is cute. I think I've seen that becoming a trend.

I'm honestly not as fond as some of the cherry blossom season, I find all the pink a bit overwhelming in my town, but the pink flowers used sparingly with all the other colours helped to balance it out well.

I really loved visiting Azulon (I mean I was super excited to visit when I saw the name too).

The themed houses are coming along nicely. I got to Zuko's last and am in love with what you've got for it so far! (my sister adores it too, she was swearing about how good it was and wants to just transport it to her own town, haha) Link's house was super cute too! I'm not nearly as acquainted with LoZ as I am with AtLA though, so I may have missed super cute references. I don't want to critique the houses too hard, since they are still very much WIPs as you said, but most rooms I got a good vibe from them and understood what you were going for (I think).

The paths were lovely. The blue-turquoise bricks went really nicely with the fairy-tale PWPs. and the thin paths were a nice addition to the smaller spaces. They were layed out quite well, and I liked how I was able to easily walk around any area. Also a really nice and subtle water path. One of my favourite little things is including a water grate by the water pump PWP, and it was super cute in your town, I had to take a screenshot!

The mix of villagers you have is pretty good (I knew every name), and adding the matching flowers around each house is cute. I think I've seen that becoming a trend.

I'm honestly not as fond as some of the cherry blossom season, I find all the pink a bit overwhelming in my town, but the pink flowers used sparingly with all the other colours helped to balance it out well.

Yay! I'm so glad you enjoyed your visit to Azulon and got the ATLA references :D I have never seen anyone do any ATLA references and I thought it was super unique and a great way to show how much I love that show.

I love that picture you took! You look so happy <3 I'm glad you liked that part :D

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving your thoughts here! I appreciate it ^_^

Hello! I really enjoyed visiting your town, and I'm not easily impressed. It's adorable! Here are my honest thoughts about it. I didn't really go inside the houses (I get super bored doing that in dream towns; I'm not sure why), so this review is mostly regarding the overall aesthetic of your town.

I liked the brick paths and I felt there was a good balance of pink and more natural colors- the bamboo and wooden bridges in particular make a nice contrast. Some towns set in April are bright pink everywhere, and while that can be cute in its own way, I liked the more natural feel. I also felt that you used space very effectively and that the town seemed full without being chaotic and confusing- that's a problem with a lot of dream towns I've visited, and you've avoided it nicely. Your one-tile paths are intuitive and didn't cause me to get lost, which is another peeve of mine in other towns. I loved your row of three houses and the landscaping around them, and you lined all your paths with with plants in a very cute way.

I dislike water paths, so it's hard for me to be objective about it. But your water paths seemed placed well. I did feel that the lilies in front of retail don't really make sense. The path should just go straight through or be blocked by bushes, in my opinion, otherwise it looks strange. I also thought that the area around the train station looked boxy and too covered in path tiles, where trees and bushes might have made for a more balanced look.

It's interesting that you mixed your bridge and town hall/strain station styles. I personally have never even considered doing that. It's kinda neat and a little different.

Overall, my least favorite areas were the front of re-tail and the front of the train station. My favorite areas were the three villager houses in a row, the area directly to the left of re-tail, and the front of your town hall.

Hello! I really enjoyed visiting your town, and I'm not easily impressed. It's adorable! Here are my honest thoughts about it. I didn't really go inside the houses (I get super bored doing that in dream towns; I'm not sure why), so this review is mostly regarding the overall aesthetic of your town.

I liked the brick paths and I felt there was a good balance of pink and more natural colors- the bamboo and wooden bridges in particular make a nice contrast. Some towns set in April are bright pink everywhere, and while that can be cute in its own way, I liked the more natural feel. I also felt that you used space very effectively and that the town seemed full without being chaotic and confusing- that's a problem with a lot of dream towns I've visited, and you've avoided it nicely. Your one-tile paths are intuitive and didn't cause me to get lost, which is another peeve of mine in other towns. I loved your row of three houses and the landscaping around them, and you lined all your paths with with plants in a very cute way.

I dislike water paths, so it's hard for me to be objective about it. But your water paths seemed placed well. I did feel that the lilies in front of retail don't really make sense. The path should just go straight through or be blocked by bushes, in my opinion, otherwise it looks strange. I also thought that the area around the train station looked boxy and too covered in path tiles, where trees and bushes might have made for a more balanced look.

It's interesting that you mixed your bridge and town hall/strain station styles. I personally have never even considered doing that. It's kinda neat and a little different.

Overall, my least favorite areas were the front of re-tail and the front of the train station. My favorite areas were the three villager houses in a row, the area directly to the left of re-tail, and the front of your town hall.

Hi! Thank you for visiting ^_^ I understand about not liking to go inside houses in dream towns. I'm actually the same way, except I think it's mostly because of how many loading screens I'd have to deal with. Haha. So that's okay you didn't go inside. They aren't even done whatsoever anyway so you didn't miss out on anything.

I'm glad you liked my paths! I put a lot of effort into making them, and I am not at all artistic or good at it. So I'm pretty proud of the way they turned out, even though they aren't the best out there. At least I did make them :) I also do not like having an overly pink town, so I made sure the pink trees were more accents rather than the main feature of my town. I'm happy that this translated well for you. I'm also pretty happy with how efficiently I've made use of the space, so thank you for noticing <3

I'm definitely changing the space in front of Re-Tail, but that will be the last step. I know the lilies blocking the path are really weird, lol. I just put them there for the heck of it. It won't be a permanent thing :) Also, I completely agree with the area in front of my train station. However, I've only covered the area with the cobblestone with patterns. Trees cannot go where the tiles are, except for a few tiles on the left. However, putting trees or bushes there would compromise the symmetry (I've experimented with it quite a bit). However, it is something I can agree on with you. But for right now, it's just gotta stay that way haha. :)

With the bridges, I loved the brick bridge, wooden bridge, and fairytale bridge and I couldn't bring myself to just choose one :p That's the only reason why they are all different. ^_^

Again, thank you so much for visiting and letting me know what you think! I appreciate it so much!

Hi! I've visited your dream town and it was super inspiring! I have saved the DA to my Dream Address list so I can visit it when I'm in need of inspiration!

First of all, I really liked your central plaza design. I personally would replace the balloon set with some clothing/hand items as you can't interact with furniture in dreams, but that's just me. The area south of the Town Plaza is gorgeous!! Clever use of clovers to bend around PWPs! The cafe is in a lovely location, and the wisteria trellis is very well placed. The town hall entrance is beautiful,
The northern part of town is extremely pretty, and I love the exterior design of the houses. I'd use a different bridge to match the shade of brown of your paths, but I don't play LoZ so that could be a part of the game.

I didn't look for very long in the houses because I'm terrible at interior design myself so I don't have much to offer in the way of opinions, but I thought they were very pretty. The jewels in Links basement made me giggle! I really liked how you used the sapling clock, it's soo cute and goes with any design imao.

Overall your town was amazing. I'm not very good at description but I can safely say your town is one of the prettiest I've been to! I know you were looking for constructive criticism but I can hardly find anything that is even slightly out of place in your town. :)

Last edited:
Hi! I've visited your dream town and it was super inspiring! I have saved the DA to my Dream Address list so I can visit it when I'm in need of inspiration!

First of all, I really liked your central plaza design. I personally would replace the balloon set with some clothing/hand items as you can't interact with furniture in dreams, but that's just me. The area south of the Town Plaza is gorgeous!! Clever use of clovers to bend around PWPs! The cafe is in a lovely location, and the wisteria trellis is very well placed. The town hall entrance is beautiful,
The northern part of town is extremely pretty, and I love the exterior design of the houses. I'd use a different bridge to match the shade of brown of your paths, but I don't play LoZ so that could be a part of the game.

I didn't look for very long in the houses because I'm terrible at interior design myself so I don't have much to offer in the way of opinions, but I thought they were very pretty. The jewels in Links basement made me giggle! I really liked how you used the sapling clock, it's soo cute and goes with any design imao.

Overall your town was amazing. I'm not very good at description but I can safely say your town is one of the prettiest I've been to! I know you were looking for constructive criticism but I can hardly find anything that is even slightly out of place in your town. :)

Awe thank you! The balloon presents are just decoration ^_^ I didn't have time to put clothes out since I opened my game and saw the rare purple sunset and I had to hurry to save it. I wasn't planning to save that day so the town wasn't ready for visitors. My next save when my town is fully done will definitely have clothes/hand items. :D

And don't worry, the houses aren't even done whatsoever so there isn't much to miss there :)

Thank you so so much for visiting my town and I'm so happy you enjoyed it and found it inspiring :') I appreciate you taking the time to tell me what you thought! Yay

Back