Luna and her huge boobs

Ok...for clarity I have ALWAYS, even as a kid..had a habit it seems, of noticing stuff like this lol. I am well aware that Tapirs have teats..but that still doesn't explain as to WHY she is the ONLY char with notable breasts. Joan...I cant recall ever being like "whoa shes got tatas..." where as with Luna...my friggin 3yo pointed them out!! So yea lol.

Btw...I have to wonder if this has been brought up before?

I've always been observant and notice random details like this too.

This topic comes up a lot in my experience although Joan is raised more frequently than Luna is for having a more distinctly "developed" figure than any other characters in the game. Not sure why, but possibly because Joan has been around so long - I remember people having irl discussions about her proportions and questioning just *why* she alone had them back in 2009 or so. Luna is new for ACNL and a lot of people hold off unlocking the dream suite until they've developed their town more or just don't bother getting it at all so they don't see her in-game.

Last edited:
I never really noticed Luna's....endowments and I've been spending quite a bit of time visiting DA's. I did notice she has more of a humanoid body but that's about it. Thanks guys now I have to go look haha.

I think it's because she and Joan are older, more "matronly" characters. A lot of women (at an age when they're considered by many societies to have had at least one child, if not multiple children) are depicted as having fuller, rounder, softer bodies. Think Yubaba and Zeniba from Spirited Away, aged Sophie from Howl's Moving Castle, the baker lady from Kiki's Delivery Service. They're all the women I can think of right now, but in lots of anime and manga, and depictions in media from other cultures, older women, the "grandmotherly" characters, are depicted as soft, round, and large chested. This association with grandmothers and mothers gives a comforting feeling, which ties in with the restful, calming environment of the Dream Suite.
Maybe I'm reading too much into this (anthropology major, so I do a lot of studying different cultural beliefs), but that's why I think Luna is bigger chested. The villagers represent older teenagers-younger women (seriously, do any of the villagers seem like they're older than late twenties?), while Luna represents a more "motherly" figure, and Joan is a "grandmotherly" figure.

LOL! I saw this post and thought slightly risky due to the family friendly nature of the board xD but i think it's meant to be a maternal thing and represent a motherly comforting personality

Now that you mention it, they're pretty big and noticeable for what's supposed to be a kid's game.

Lol I noticed this too, she has really big knockers. Maybe she just gave birth to a liter of babies haha

But no I think what theyre trying to emphasis is a big comfy and motherly woman who is relaxing and comforting, like a mom, or a grandma. Hence she looks like a babushka

Back