• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

♡ carp's dream town review thread ♡

carp

happy go lucky
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Coco
Mint
vSyyrEi.png

hello! welcome to a ugly lil' dream town review thread by the only n only dog fish, carp!11
to enter your town, simply reply below with your dream-code and i will review it! ♡
will any1 reply tho
i will review dream towns on a 5 star scale for a variety of factors, as well as a comment and an overall rating out of 5 stars, to categorize your town onto this post for the future.

if your town has been previously review and you have changed it significantly or improved it, you may post your dream code again and i will have another look.

all dream town ratings are, of course, my opinion, and if you disagree then so be it!! ♡

no rating is meant to be an insult
town name: celery
dream code: 6B00-0042-F58F
aesthetics: ★☆☆☆☆
theme: ☆☆☆☆☆
colour: ☆☆☆☆☆
design: ☆☆☆☆☆
overall: ☆☆☆☆☆
comment: long comment w tons of detail c;
town name: newmist
dream code: 4C00-002A-1D11
aesthetics: ★★★★☆
theme: ★★★★★
colour: ★★★★★
design: ★★★★★
overall: ★★★★★
comment: here
town name: arboleda
dream code: 4E00-0037-5C7C
colour: ★★★★☆
overall: ★★★★☆
town name: bwagency
dream code: 5E00-0013-ADE0
aesthetics: ★★★★★
theme: ★★★★☆
design: ★★★★☆
town name: cat isle
dream code: 4E00-0042-4F8A
design: ★★★☆☆
town name: fairfax
dream code: 4A00-0046-0185
colour: ★★★★★
town name: tears
dream code: 5E00-003A-90DA
theme: ★★★☆☆
town name: azulon
dream code: 5E00-000F-6EAB
aesthetics: ★★★☆☆
colour: ★★★☆☆
overall: ★★★☆☆
town name: bluebell
dream code: 4A00-0055-722E
design: ★★☆☆☆
dream code: 5E00-000F-8188
town name: highland
dream code: 7E00-003F-8198
colour: ★★☆☆☆
town name: mangles
dream code: 7D00-0017-C82F
design: ★★★☆
town name: olympus
dream code: 5D00-0054-FFF3
town name: pandora
dream code: 4C00-0057-6F6D
aesthetics: ★★☆☆☆
overall: ★☆☆☆☆
town name: pn?vma
dream code: 6B00-0048-8905
theme: ★★☆☆☆
town name: shamplin
dream code: 5A00-0026-D661
town name: chinchin
dream code: 5C00-0045-9DC6
overall: ★★☆☆☆
town name: eventide
dream code: 4E00-0031-15C1
comment: here (scroll down)
town name: gables
dream code: 5F00-0010-89AF
colour: ★☆☆☆☆
town name: hyrule
dream code: 4F00-0012-3B36
theme: ★☆☆☆☆
town name: lemon
dream code: 6C00-0054-470F
design: ★☆☆☆
town name: mineola
dream code: 4A00-0012-3448
town name: ordon
dream code: 6B00-0010-49F3
town name: polis
dream code: 6F00-0035-DECF
town name: tiger
dream code: 4C00-0021-CA47
this thread is closed rn sorry
i will continue when my new town gets a dream suite :)

Last edited:
Want to review my very awful DA for fun? Feel free! It's in the description :p Don't expect anything wonderful, and don't be afraid to insult it. It is pre-renovation and has changed drastically since, but I like keeping the old DA because of sentimental reasons. It's the first time I started experimenting with paths and landscaping. So although I am fond of the town at the point of the save, I know it isn't great. But I'd love to hear what you think ^_^ I have a thick skin so don't be afraid to be honest!

Want to review my very awful DA for fun? Feel free! It's in the description :p Don't expect anything wonderful, and don't be afraid to insult it. It is pre-renovation and has changed drastically since, but I like keeping the old DA because of sentimental reasons. It's the first time I started experimenting with paths and landscaping. So although I am fond of the town at the point of the save, I know it isn't great. But I'd love to hear what you think ^_^ I have a thick skin so don't be afraid to be honest!

town name: azulon
dream code: 5E00-000F-6EAB
design: ★☆☆☆☆
comment: a dark, dingy town with orange fall trees. the paths are placed quite nicely, but the map layout is a bit busy. a few pretty little areas, with very repetitive flowers and clashing colours. a good mix of flower breeds as well as colours would look far better and more beautiful than the current outlook. using a colour palette to pick flower colours that match with your chosen grass and bush colours would be a positive decision for your town.

your secret beach is fairly quaint, but very unfinished. i personally love a town crammed with flowers, so items on the floor like fruit baskets don't look as alien.

i'm confused by the path layouts - very thicc in some places, and more normal in others. again, at the top of your town, flowers would be a defining feature, but are weak and laborious to look at. a positive of your upper town is the campsite and well positions, which are pretty when you forget about the obnoxious flowers. i like the look of the purple roses and white violets together - very minimal and sweet. furthermore, your path designs don't need to reach the furthermost points in town - a thinner path or none at all would be more effective, such as would be used in real life. the two houses at the top of town are very cute and fit the rustic/foresty theme very nicely - i like their little pieces of landscaping, too.

the asian?? themed house on it's own at the right, has a nice exterior, but a confusing interior. the main room is a kitchen/lounge/dining room, and then another lounge behind it, with a library and office. your interior design is weaker than your exteriors: very large empty spaces and no purpose seems to be behind each placement. the vibe of having an entire theme in one room is very 2013, if you mixed items with similar colours or styles, the room would receive less hha points but look much more beautiful.

i'm usually not a fan of the crowded "town" look in any town i visit, but the left half of this town is just spread out enough with enough pwps to look okay, but the landscaping needs to be more thorough to make it work. your bridge placements are also very poor, with them being incapable of delivering the crosser to an empty space. zuko's house is more cohesive - an exterior and interior matching always pleases the eyes. link's house has such large spaces of room that it is ugly, despite being very average in appearance; a classy, filled room is more appealing than a classy, empty one.

and that seems to be it! i found your town (despite it being an old, bad save) as quite average, with nothing screaming for attention. having a more interesting path would be far more solid: as well as this, a path ontop of concrete should cover the concrete, and you need to invest in inner corner qr codes!!!!

thank you for letting me visit your town, i hope you found my opinions a little helpful.

Lol I love this! Very thorough :) As for inner corner qr codes - I'm much too lazy to make them hahaha ^_^ I'll definitely be coming back to you once I update the DA. Excellent review!

If you wouldn't mind could you please review my DA? It's 5E00-000F-8188 :)

dream code: 5E00-000F-8188
comment: a pretty, bright town with tons of blue-ish purple hues and overgrown paths! i love the colour combinations which tie in so well with your path designs; i am very impressed you managed to make them yourself, they really pick out the colour of the pansies beautifully. your little landscaping areas such as the heart of bushes by the town plaza are tasteful and minimal, without being too far fetched. very well executed.

wandering over to bronwen's house, a few flowers seem a little forcefully placed, but i love the thin pathway to their little cabana abode. the use of mushrooms to spread out the flowers is effective. inside, the main room clashes with the exterior, and is rather empty; the gap between the left and right sofa could be filled by a sea-shell music box, perhaps? a quaint caf? styled interior, though. upstairs, the sweet bedroom is not to my tastes, but is cutely put together. i would recommend using more items on the walls, and perhaps placing some items you can walk through such as books or pouches on the floor. for the walls, paintings or clothing would be a sweet, realistic touch.

i love the symmetry of the town hall being between the two houses, but the illuminated arch would stand out less with your blue and white aesthetic - of course, it is your decision, but the pinks and reds do clash a little. the pansies lining each path are a little repetitive. to focus on the zen theme by the town hall, you could sprinkle in some more bamboo or sweet olive bushes along the pathway to make the path feel less rigid and forced. the orchard behind your police station is quaint, if a little square and box-y: i imagine you're a person who likes formation in your town.

lucille's house has a lovely border of bamboo and bushes, and the wisteria trellis ties in perfectly with her exterior. removing the pansies and replacing them with more subtle colours such as jacobs ladders and white pansies would be more effective at the front.

inside, her interior matches perfectly with her exterior, but the flooring feels a little brash and out of place to me. with the dark wood tones of the furniture, it'd be lovely to see a dark wood floor, or a white/green floor to contrast the furniture and pick out the palette of the room. to the left, the kitchen is well put together, with only the armchair feeling a little discoloured. i love the music you have picked for this house. to the right, i was initially confused of the theme, but the spa/bathroom vibe is quaintly done. i like how you have mixed more furniture types in this room, and the customisation makes the room really fit together. the kotatsu?? table at the back left corner is a little alienating to the rest of the room. the back room appears to be a dining room, with clashing woods again. i like the use of knick-knacks on the walls and tabletops in this room. upstairs, the bed seems to be thrown into a library setting - rather confusing. downstairs the room feels very empty because of the plain flooring - either use more items or a different flooring type. filling the corners and back of the room can help to make it seem fuller.

your long path from the police station to the windmill is effective, and i like the little area of bushes and flowers to the left of the windmill. below this, your little red surrounded fountain is a contrast to the rest of the town, but perhaps not in the best way. further down, beside the three houses, a few less trees and more bushes would create an effective ambiance for the town. the path to the bridge seems undeveloped compared to the rest of the village.

over to the island-esque area, and i love your use of the totem pole pwps! i hardly ever see these, and they reall work with your bluish flowers and perfect cherries picking out their distinct colouring. the log bench seems a little unnecessary. above the caf?, i love the area beside bam's house: the fountain is so perfectly contrasted with the pink carnations, and the metal bench is nicely positioned. the bamboo-bush combo is a nice border to the river. by the caf?, the pwp of the flower clock is a little bit out of place in your town, with the red tulips not fitting the flowers - try to surround this pwp with flowers that are within it, then use an ombre (fading effect) of flowers to ones normally used within your town, to create a more subtle look.

near bob's house has the bright paths and wooden pwps, which seem to clash a bit. if you set your town in the early morning before sunrise, these might blend better together. the rest of your island seems quite bland and understated, which is a shame for such a diverse piece of land.

tommy's house is painfully placed: a horizontal bridge would be more simple to navigate around. stitches' and dotty's houses are very well placed within the landscape, and your landscaping skills are solid here. a larger variety of whites and purples would benefit the aesthetics of the area. tommy's exterior clashes with the blues, and the inside doesn't match the exterior, as par normal in this village. the rooms seem unfinished or one themed: a larger mix of matching furniture is more effective in my eyes. the whole house is rather bland and underdeveloped, with less of the exotic magic i saw in lucille's house.

above his house, the campground and statue fountain are nicely situated. the cut bamboo from here to retail is effective, and the weeds make the town seem very wild and forest-y, i like it!

and that seems to be it! thank you for having me, i hope you found my review of your town fairly constructive.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Lol I love this! Very thorough :) As for inner corner qr codes - I'm much too lazy to make them hahaha ^_^ I'll definitely be coming back to you once I update the DA. Excellent review!

you're very welcome! i'm glad you found my review thorough, i just try and cover everything i can!

i can't help noticing the inner corners - my eagle eyes ;^)

i like my town enough, but i'm always looking for other insights! thanks! c:

i like my town enough, but i'm always looking for other insights! thanks! c:

town name: hyrule
dream code: 4F00-0012-3B36
comment: a pink-ish, spring, bright town full of abundant growth, it seems. loading into your town, i was a little confused of where to go - every direction seemed a bit barren and empty, as if someone had chopped all the trees and forgotten to replace them. i like the path to the left which i did eventually discover, but perhaps the alternate pattern to that one (which is a darker shade or something similar) would be nice once in a while. the paths are very thicc, a style i'm not sure about as of yet, and without any flowers or foliage around, it seems very.. empty.

over the diagonal bridge, and oH! a hacked town. goodness me. didn't expect that, to be fair. the combination of orange and pink lilies is quite pretty, but next to it the clipping river is a bit of an eye sore. your wisteria trellis beside the highest bridge is nicely decorated around, but again, bushes are needed, in my honest opinion. the barren, open space inbetween each little thing needs to be sorted, too. a town is only as good as it's empty bits. i'm guessing your town is unfinished. underneath aomine's house is fairly cute, but the lack of any height/depth which would be solved by bushes and trees being strategically placed annoys me lil' eyes!! your use of flowers next to your house is a bit crude, try mixing breeds and colours for a better look.

it's a shame aomine's house door is not matching with the rest, but alas. inside, your main room is very loud with no theme, it seems? mix-matched, and very box-y. try opening up the room, rather than making corridors to walk in. your back room is cute, but the floor deducts from it's beauty - in this room, a less loud floor is needed, as the items are so crammed and detailed in here. to the right, i can see what you're going for, but a few pieces are a little obnoxious to the overall aesthetic. nice use of an own design on the walls, though - i don't see that much. to the left, the room is too crowded and the sets don't match very well. the mermaid series is too dark to be in this room, as is the card item. the flooring is a little odd, as well. it feels like the whole house is a little thrown together, with no cohesive design. try planning out rooms before you make them! upstairs is a solid room - i like the colour scheme and the design, but again, a few pieces stand out. try using a deeply coloured lamp in an intense shade to combat this issue. in the basement, your little display of your rarest items is quaint, but the wallpaper and flooring would be better being different styles if that is what you're going for.

by the police station, the cedars and bushes are cutely positioned, but the vast sea of blue needs to be broken up a little with white pansies, white tulips or something else in the same colour palette. running over to retail, your sea of one-breed flowers continues. i like the use of a diagonal path, but the thickness is a little confusing in places. the archway??? pwp is for some reason not centralised, which hurts my brain. your little flower groups around a villagers house is a cute touch. momoi's house exterior is cute and simplistic, the jacob's ladders work well with the plain white brick wall.

inside, the mixing of sets is done, to little success. focus on the colour of items, rather than the seasonality of them. in the basement a confusing mess of colour is used to no avail, and upstairs needs to be less box-y again. to achieve this, place sofas one or two spaces into the room, not against the wall. boxes work when the furniture style is cosy, not cute.

up to town hall, and the flower combination there contrasts with the meow coupon machine very nicely. if you alternated them in a diagonal line, it might look a little more appealing. behind the town hall is a lovely little nook with a metal bench: i love the jacob's ladders and the trees with the bushes placed one position forward - a great small touch.

stonehenge's sea of carnations is very cute. alternating flowers like this is so effective in my opinion. attempt to do this in the rest of town and you'll have a very solid design going on. the little lagoon beside your campsite is cute, but the red lilies are a bit obtrusive. pick a colour scheme and stick to it!

down the bottom of your town, the little village area with toby, stitches and marshal is adorable, and the flowers around the stone sculpture-y thing are very quaint. your terracotta coloured tiles in this area of town are very effective, especially with the zen bell and zen lantern.

continuing right, your town has very little to offer down at the bottom. the flowers are cute, but nothing extra-ordinary because of the lack of bushes, i believe. thank you for having me in your town, and i hope the feedback will be constructive for you in the future.

Last edited:
I love reviews! It's nice how well organized this is.
If you are willing to review two towns that would be nice. If you only pick one, could you please review Arboleda? I have been making a lot of changes recently. My DAs are in my description.
Thank you for your time. <3

Hellos!

I'm doing another snapshot of Polis's construction tonight, it's not going to be pretty (I'm moving villagers around...) but I'd like your thoughts on my newest additions. As someone else said earlier I'm also a brick wall and take insults well, I know my town has no flower matching and some areas are nowhere near completion.

I'll be posting my DA once I get home tonight. I look forward to seeing how it scores unfinished ^-^

Thanks!

my bf helped with the hacks, like the clovers in the river & moving some of the pwps - i liked it more than what the game offered so i kept them in. XD

thanks for the thoughts! :D i guess i just don't really stick to themes and use paths and stuff differently, haha! i do agree the town feels kinda empty, but i guess it's not my aesthetic to add so many bushes. i do like the area where three houses are together the most, too, haha - i wish the rest of the town was as successful.

i've been thinking of changing the rooms, as well, but i'm not really sure what i'd do, tbh. :Oa

i appreciate the time you took to look around! \o/ very thorough! 'u'd

My DA is 4A00-0012-3448

My houses are a mess right now, because I am still trying to find the furniture I need for them. Also Hannah's exterior is messed up right now because I can't find the one I need.

I love reviews! It's nice how well organized this is.
If you are willing to review two towns that would be nice. If you only pick one, could you please review Arboleda? I have been making a lot of changes recently. My DAs are in my description.
Thank you for your time. <3

i'm fine with reviewing two towns, and thank you for saying it's organised i spend a little long

town name: arboleda
dream code: 4E00-0037-5C7C
comment: a modern, realistic town with broad paths and flower beds. loading into your town, i love the atmosphere and the path designs - very solid and really live up to the town plaza vibe. the little outfit of whatever fruit is adorable and gender neutral, which i support!!

straight above your plaza is the town hall, beautifully symmetrical to the plaza - i like the use of the red carnations and cosmos together, that's a pretty unique combo that works!! above the town hall feels extremely crowded, a little overboard for my tastes, if i'm honest. the alternating purple tulips and white pansies work well together, bordering both the police station and town hall nicely. perhaps the police station could use a tree or two below it to frame it?

your two lakes around this area are beautifully coped with. i practically squealed at the two way, curving paths with the little stump and mushrooms!! so adorable, gorgeous use of your natural layout. continuing to the left, the little design sign of your town map is quaint, and the path to retail is nicely matched with the fruits on either side. infront of the modern bench you could place jacob's ladders, but aside from that your modern, chic look works very well.

i'm not a big fan of the modern clock, but with it's little circle of bushes, you have made it work. i'd love to see cut bamboo on the bottom corners to give it that extra little flair, but really that's just personal preference.

your town gate looks very cold, and the path to main street looks quite foreboding. i would research some flower bed qr code designs to place to the right of the station, to make it less blocky. the mushrooms around the stone are a sweet touch, but a little confusing design-wise. i'm not really sure how you could make it work any better, but perhaps the back mushroom could be a carnation, and the front mushroom a gift?

the path to your campsite is simple, if a little wide for the rustic area it leads to. a thin path could be more effective. i like the use of alternating flowers, but maybe directly around resetti's pothole and the campsite itself they could change? i'm not sure of how well red works with the orange colour of the tent. continuing down to the little water fountain, i find yet another little treat for me to use on my journey around town: they're very sweet, and really interest the visitor in the town.

your blue sea underneath this area, where the river curves up, is a nice use of the modern streetlamps and the fountains placed fairly symmetrically (i couldn't be bothered to check exactly, but they line up well to the eye). for corners of paths, you could change it up with a different kind of flower or a corner design, to make the path less blocky.

the windmill and picnic blanket are sweet, but i'd love to see a more diverse range of flowers around both. really mix it up and go wild with a pink, white and yellow combination of different textured flowers. your vertical bridges being both so even is very pleasing to the eye, congrats.

the villager house area of town is quaint and sweet. another crowded town area that works well, i am surprised! i love the use of the statue fountain, and the hammock underneath it all is a sweet touch. above, the cube sculpture is beautifully landscaped around, but the corners being cut bamboo would really connect the outer border of the bamboo and the bushes together. the bench is well positioned, and i love how villagers are constantly running around this little area! piper even said hello c:

your use of trees and bushes over to the right side of town is very nice to look at, and everything seems very cosy and snug. solange's house ends the pathway nicely, and the little wetsuit gift was quaint, but i shan't waste my time diving today. the exterior is very fitting with the town theme, and the red letter box is sweet. perhaps the use of red flowers around solange's house would be more fitting with the letter box?

inside, you have fallen into the trap of using one theme a room for the most part, along with having a large gap in the top left corner of the main room. placing a pile of books infront of the tv would be a nice lil' extra. it's really difficult to give you advice, as your town is so beautifully put together. the back room's library / sitting room is simple, but effective. again, the large gaps are something my eye wants to fill, but the loud carpet in this room works with it. to the left, your room is very futuristic and modern, and the tiling of the floor works with the large gaps - try to place some little human touches in each room, as if someone is truly living there. to the left, a basic kitchen room is neatly executed, and fits well with the realistic vibe. upstairs, your bedroom is sweet, but a little brash and loud - the villager pictures could be rotated different directions, and the back corners could be lamps rather than villagers to create more depth. i like the little area with your coat-hanger and marshmallow stool. in the basement, solange's little games room is quaint, but very open plan. something in the middle which you could walk through like a fortune cookie ticket (for one of the games, perhaps) would be a sweet touch.

you handle the corner of the cliff very well, continuing the villager town-like atmosphere along the path. i like the continuation of the path past rafael's house with clovers to the beach slope. above their abode, the cafe is nicely situated with an apple orchard, but the use of orange or lemon trees as well would make a nice change. rafael's more rustic yet still modern exterior is sweet.

his downstairs room is a little bland and empty, and the upstairs seems a little unfinished.

thank you for letting me visit your beautifully executed modern town, and good luck with future development!

town name: cat isle
dream code: 4E00-0042-4F8A
comment: what a vibrant, exotic outfit! the town is very bright and modern, and the light sunset really sets the mood. i love the combination of both road and path patterns! they are so adorable. the use of hacks to place palm trees symmetrically up to the town hall reminds me a lot of aclgttc. your use of the purple and white colour scheme throughout is very clear, and really holds the town together.

don gato's house looks very large and forboding, and the little lobby main room is very well put together. the gaps in the room work well here, because of the room's theme. to the back, the tiny, sketchy-looking operating theater?? is a worrying sight i spent a brief moment in. to the left, the room's back wall is very plain, perhaps a classy painting could improve the outlook, but it fits the bleak vibe of a hospital, if that's what it is supposed to be. to the left, the staff area is quaint and well done - i love the concrete block with foliage item. upstairs, the staff room? or bed room is bland, but works efficiently for the story it tells. downstairs, i love the little cars!! a garage, i presume. very empty, perhaps a toolbox item (if such a thing exists) would be nicely positioned in here, or the drain item you can walk over.

the station is nicely surrounded, and the police station is nicely placed, apart from the patterns that it forces away with the 2 wide doorway. this gives me flashbacks to 2013 help!1 the very straight road with all the buildings along it works well, but the effectiveness of the campsite is masked by retails charm. your litle park area is simple, and would be helped by a few flowers here and there, perhaps a flower box qr code? directly below the station, your illuminated clock is nicely surrounded, but having one space in each corner where a pattern currently is for a flower would make the trees and bushes feel more subtle than they do currently.

i ran down past the traffic lights, to below the town plaza, where the illuminated arch looks a little alienated with patterns around it. the thin piece of town below the river serving as a construction area is so quaint and unique! a wonderful piece of design, and the weeds and buried items make it a beautiful little area. the fountain being sunk in the river is quite ironic next to the little construction, too. nicely done. your picnic blanket area and lighthouse are very mediocre, with the flower combo being a bit bland next to the blanket. above this, the zen area with garden and bus stop is simplistic but effective, and the jacob's ladders are tastefully placed. some cut bamboo would look nice here and there.

the initials of cat isle in bushes are so prettily done! never seen anyone do that, and right beside the little villager homes, they fit in as a sweet emblem of patriotism. the very plain interior and exterior of mishu's house is very cute, and work together. is it a community centre? i'm a little baffled, but it's sweet nevertheless.

thank you for having me in your town, i enjoyed it! hope you manage to develop cat isle further c:

- - - Post Merge - - -

my bf helped with the hacks, like the clovers in the river & moving some of the pwps - i liked it more than what the game offered so i kept them in. XD

thanks for the thoughts! :D i guess i just don't really stick to themes and use paths and stuff differently, haha! i do agree the town feels kinda empty, but i guess it's not my aesthetic to add so many bushes. i do like the area where three houses are together the most, too, haha - i wish the rest of the town was as successful.

i've been thinking of changing the rooms, as well, but i'm not really sure what i'd do, tbh. :Oa

i appreciate the time you took to look around! \o/ very thorough! 'u'd

i see! i did like the hacks, just they were a little surprising! good luck with your town - as i said, everything is just my opinion, so where i think a bush should be, you may not - your call! c:

would you mind reviewing my town again? i've done quite a lot of changes apart from my houses. (still looking for the right furniture) but if you do i greatly appreciate it
6b00-0048-8905
oh, i've changed Milky's and Morgana's houses a little bit. Morgana's is verry unfinished though

Last edited:
Hellos!

I'm doing another snapshot of Polis's construction tonight, it's not going to be pretty (I'm moving villagers around...) but I'd like your thoughts on my newest additions. As someone else said earlier I'm also a brick wall and take insults well, I know my town has no flower matching and some areas are nowhere near completion.

I'll be posting my DA once I get home tonight. I look forward to seeing how it scores unfinished ^-^

Thanks!

i don't know if you have updated it, but i shall visit it nevertheless!

town name: polis
dream code: 6F00-0035-DECF
comment: arriving in polis, a very dark, mysterious yet modern town, the patterns really capture your attention, with the weaving layers. the plaza is quaintly surrounded by cedar trees and bushes, with a lacking of flowers, which is expected for a w.i.p town. trundling down, resetti's little pothole is placed nicely, and the wooden plank patterns are effective. the flowers surrounding the reset centre are a bit brash and clashing, however.

underneath felyne's house, i like the little row of bushes you have placed, but i'd love to see cut bamboo on either end and a stump in the middle to really please the eyes. your path is a little misplaced here and there, but works well on leading me to the station. the wide-ness of the path works for this situation. the water patterns are very cute!! a large field underneath the police station suggests some development to be happening, but i like how the path leads to it with the wooden plank designs. the modern streetlamps are beautiful against the rustic nature of the holly bushes and cedar trees.

the paths and river design system to the right of town is very hard to follow and obtrustive to the eyes. i struggled my way up to polly's house, who's zen interior i imagine will look good when you push the furniture out. the crowded little area with the solar panel, blanche and rosalind's house is super adorable. rosalind's house is very empty, as expected.

the little zen pwps below retail are quaint, and i imagine will look strong with some good flower combinations in the future. charging down to the fanciest house of them all, i love the little river system you've made around michael's massive megastory house. it feels like a real island with the flowers surrounding everything. inside, blocky furniture combinations along with the use of only one theme of furniture let you down: try pushing furniture one space out of the lines!

to the left, your modern theme seems to be left in the dust, and the rococco series is effective, but rather out of place with the rest of the town. good use of decorations such as the pig in blue stripes. in the back room, the space-y theme is nice, and very fitting with the house, which seems to be a space ship-ish abode with a rustic neighbour. again, with the right room, the theme is assassinated, like my beliefs this house could be cohesive. upstairs, the kitchen pieces clash with the modern furniture customised in the shiny way. place stuff in the huge galley in the middle of the room, and rotate the 2x1 table to open up the room!! in the basement, with my hopes shattered to smithereens of cohesion, the golden series is rather average with your town. the homage to joey the duck is perfect.

the area around town hall has too many goddamn paths!! less is more with a bright white path in the dead of night, dearie. the forest to the right of the campsite is quaint. i like how the cube sculpture works with your path designs.

and that appears to be it! a fairly empty town, with little to pull it together currently, but with some focus on the house themes and flower combos you could make it a great place to live! thank you! good luck!

Last edited:
Thank you so much for the review! You have given me great ideas, I will definitely use them to further my towns. :D

I would love a review on my newest town Gables. 5F00-0010-89AF. It's a simple country town with no patterns for paths. The area around Dolly's house is not finished and the area below Mary's ( from A Secret garden ) is not either. I would love to hear any suggestions you might have for them.

The houses are almost done, and I've worked really hard on them. Anne and Mary's houses are from the early 1900's, so there's lots of gawdy wallpaper and hard wood floors.

My DA is 4A00-0012-3448

My houses are a mess right now, because I am still trying to find the furniture I need for them. Also Hannah's exterior is messed up right now because I can't find the one I need.

town name: mineola
dream code: 4A00-0012-3448
comment: your town is nice and green, with a lovely 6pm? sunset setting the scene. your lil' presents of the cat dress and hat could be a little more androgynous, but i can rock a dress if needs must. immediately below the bed, which is centered in the middle of the plaza tree, there is a rather inconspicuous path, not symmetrical to the rest of your plaza, which is a shame. i would recommend either using clovers and stepping stones to make the path initially symmetrical, or get a path which really has a "wow" factor, as this path is rather plain and dull.

below this, your town plaza's bushes are rather plain, and the jacob's ladders clash with the blue roof. with jacob's ladders, often less is more. the little nook between the money trees to the little alleyway around the town hall is cute. ankha's house is nicely submerged by bushes and trees, but the lack of symmetrical bush placements along with the symmetrical lilies is a little painful to the eyes. either go entirely for a symmetrical town, or don't at all. below retail is a sea of pink and purple tulips, which are rather bland against the box-y placements of the trees. a more interesting area could be made by a few stumps, cut bamboo, bushes out of lines and other flowers mixed in.

heather's house seems very barren, and the inferred chocolate roses are quite obnoxious and clash with the lighter brown of the walls. a mix of flowers to match with the exterior's wall in reds, pinks, oranges and yellows would work better here. the line of bushes around hannah's house could be more diverse to match how extra-ordinary her house is, rather than a soldier-like row of holly bushes.

inside, i like how you've kept the theme for the main room, but the centre of the house is so empty!! placing a table, such as the birthday cake one??? (i don't know the exact name) would really fill up this space quickly. the top left corner of the main room is also a little barren. your use of plants is tasteful, but i'd love to see more things on the walls. the post office poster could be a cute addition! heather's back room is also a one-theme-a-room vibe, with a huge gap to the right, where an extra table or something is needed to fill the eye sore of space. the carpet is almost loud enough to make it work. try filling up tables and shelves with items you collect such as bug trophies or lost items you forget to give back, which would hit your hha points but improve your aesthetics. at the back of the back room, the wall seems very empty and plain, with the only wall item being a tv situated right above the highest object in the room. this placement makes the room seem far too high, and placing it above the hot tub-ish thing would improve this look. more plants would work best here. heather's left room again has a huge gap where nothing seems to be catching the eye, and has the clashing wood of the counters and the darker wood of the cake+dessert box thing. having a table or two by the door with stools would fill the gap very well. the back wall behind the sanrio? sofa is very empty, and some maid clothing or other pieces of decor such as clocks could look nice. to the right room, huge areas of blank space are again annoying to the eyes. the mixing of patterns with the dots on the floor and tartan on the furniture is a nice, subtle touch. upstairs, and i find another theme of furniture plonked down. i'd recommend using plants and some items from the princess and mermaid series to blend out the regal theme. other white and yellow items would be nice to see, too. the huge gap in the floor also needs to be tended to. in the basement, the vibe is sweet and child-like, but needs more items for it to work. gyroids, rocking horses and elephant slides would be cute here!! if this is a play room, make it seem like one! the basement also needs a light.

leaving heather's house, there isn't a very clear way to make it to the path once more because of kabuki's house placement. below the line of bushes by the bottom-most cliff, i'd recommend using a larger variety of colours instead of red and yellow, to really get a tropical vibe for your town. resetti's reset centre is nicely placed, and could be blended with some orange cosmos on each corner, and orange coloured trees (with orange and persimmon fruit) would improve the vibe here. rosie and olivia's houses again suffer the fate of being almost symmetrical but not quite, and a thinner path along this cliff face is rather necessary with the amount of room you have. the lighthouse's mix of colours is bright and bold, but the blues don't work with the oranges at the time of sunset.

the long, painfully wide path to hannah's house is unnecessary. make it thinner, make it curve! allow the mind to really flow around each villagers house. you have a very blocky feel, which isn't positive with a non-themed town. hannah's exterior is quaint, but clashes with the path. a better one is needed.

coming into hannah's house, the huge expanse of empty floor is not a good look. the use of a television and fireplace faced the wrong way to the visitor is not a positive look. the tv overbears the room in this way, and the fireplace doesn't show off it's cuteness! in the back room, the kitchen/diner is bland, and the wall and table is obnoxious to the room. the tiles fill the space well, but you really need the kitchen island one space forward and one space right. the little chicken on the table is a cute touch. to the left, a mish-mash of themes and wood colours doesn't fill the space well, and the bed sheets are too bright for this room. a plain cream and brown stripe would look far better. moving items one space closer to the centre can help you fill a room more easily. to the right is empty, and puts to question whether hannah needs all of these rooms? in the future, only expand your house after you've completed the room before it. upstairs, the double-item look is not a positive one, and i'm confused by the flooring choice. the tv again clashes with the room. in the basement, the dingy one room apartment look is sweet, but the chairs around the table are too squarely placed. stop making boxes in rooms and spread items out, which will open up the room for you.

the upper part of town to the right of michael's house is very densely packed with trees, but not much else. a creative use of flowers and other floor items could help the pwps placed around here pop! michael's exterior looks entirely black because of the sunset, which isn't a good look.

inside, another empty-feeling room has little on tables, and that damn tv doesn't fit with the room. to the left, the double beds will be a nice touch when you finish the room. the back room is very empty. the right room is again, unfinished, with little to offer to entice the eye. use of texture is always key when building a room. downstairs, a fully expanded basement is not needed for this house. why not stop expanding your houses and focus on making them pretty, with full rooms? upstairs is bland and forgettable, and the lighting kills the regal red colour of the gorgeous range.

the caf? area is quite sweet, but empty. mixing breeds of flowers is always a must with areas such as this. your campsite seems isolated and forgotten in the top corner, with the black lilies not suggesting a cutesy vibe. the rest of your town is very empty, and unsupported by the weak choice in path.

thank you for having me in your town, and i do hope you'll be able to improve!

would you mind reviewing my town again? i've done quite a lot of changes apart from my houses. (still looking for the right furniture) but if you do i greatly appreciate it
6b00-0048-8905
oh, i've changed Milky's and Morgana's houses a little bit. Morgana's is verry unfinished though

i don't mind reviewing again, at all!

town name: pn?vma
dream code: 6B00-0048-8905
comment: loading into pn?vma, i love the early morning before-sunset vibe, and the simplistic music is very relaxing. the arbitrarily placed gyroids around the town plaza are cute, and the huge amount of gifts upon visiting is very welcoming. your town plaza being surrounded with gold roses is very sweet, but the flowers could be more densely placed to really enclose the plaza. the path down to the town hall is natural looking and sweet, with lots of prettily placed 'stuff' enclosing it. a focus on a colour scheme for your flowers would be a solid addition. underneath the town hall, the huge quantity of stuff on the floor needs to be softened by some bushes and flowers of matching colours, unless red and yellow is your colour theme, which then clashes with the pink trees.

the caf? is sweet, and the path continues to please the eyes. the pyramid and streetlamp behind are quaint, with the path being a little confusing here and there. more trees to block the visitor from seeing where they don't need to go would be helpful. the lucky cat cut out is sweetly enclosed by the cedar trees, and the roses behind contrast nicely. your path to milky's house led me round by retail, which is sweet, if a little mundane. the flowers outside milky's house are nicely contrasting, but the one extra pink rose questions the symmetrical vibe. milky's exterior fits her name very well.

inside, her claustrophobic vibe for the crowded main room works very well, with every table and surface being used perfectly. a lost book in front of the sloppy sofa would be gorgeous. a beautiful mix of themes. upstairs, milky's house falls down a little, with the chairs facing away and the kitchen items deterring the visitor from entering. with a few rotations, however, the room is very sweet. the extensive kitchen is unique, and the welcome amiibo bright yellow stuff is a nice contrast. a few pieces feel a little box-y. downstairs, heaven on earth with the hot tub and zodiac items, contrasted with the princess range is lovely to look at, and the almost symmetrical vibe works well here. a darker lighting would work better, perhaps?

the large pwps from milky to demetria's house are well coped with, with nicely bending paths. demetria's exterior is nice, but the blue pansies are a bit of an eye sore. inside, her room is very confusing, with the tree screaming for attention against the bold fabrics of the gracie grace range. in the basement, the garden theme is sweet, if a little simplistic. the walls feel very bare - perhaps a sunset clock could be strategically placed somewhere? upstairs, demetria's house continues to be solid, with the kiddie stereo standing out a little. a few gaps in the room are a negative.

the white sea of flowers on the lower half of town is sweet, if a little obnoxious beside differently coloured houses. the lighthouse doesn't work with the white pansies. the pink house of morgana is sweetly placed, with the red roses clashing a bit. if i were you, no red or yellow flowers would exist in the utopia of a town. inside, the mermaid-y blue room is very effective, with only the low brown tables shouting out against the aesthetic. upstairs, the minimal theme is a little empty, but sweet to look at. less boxy layouts would help this. the basement is obviously unfinished.

above the police station, the use of the very thin area beside your river is well coped with, but a greater mix of flowers would be nice from a textural perspective. yani's house is sweetly placed in the cedar area, and inside has a rich vibe going on, with glamorous furniture well placed with the caban set. the left side of the wall feels very flat. the basement is sweetly done, although i'm not sure about the minimal and cabin sets together in terms of colour. upstairs, yani's house is confusing, and very empty/open plan, with the floor items attempting to reclaim the floor space.

thank you for letting me visit your town, and good luck with further development!

I would love a review on my newest town Gables. 5F00-0010-89AF. It's a simple country town with no patterns for paths. The area around Dolly's house is not finished and the area below Mary's ( from A Secret garden ) is not either. I would love to hear any suggestions you might have for them.

The houses are almost done, and I've worked really hard on them. Anne and Mary's houses are from the early 1900's, so there's lots of gawdy wallpaper and hard wood floors.

town name: gables
dream code: 5F00-0010-89AF
comment: your town, set on a stormy/cloudy day with minimal trees and landscaping is a throwback to aclgttc vibes for me. your landscaping is very wide feeling, with a huge gap between the actual object and your signature look of spread out bushes is very far away. a little meadow of flowers of different breeds and correlating colours would be a positive addition.

your use of roses seems to be an eternal love, but i'd focus on using tulips, lilies and roses, the main flowers of the 1900s time period. the use of dirt paths below the wooden bridge is quaint, but the cabbage patch beside anne's house desperately needs a border in a white brick. anne's queen of diamond's vibe house is quite memorable, with only the mailbox being a little out of place.

inside, your very classical main room is rather empty for the 1900s look. rooms had to be filled to the brim back then, to keep the warmth in. more chairs and plants needed. to the right, your lovely traditional green colour for the furniture is pretty, if a little unrealistic for the time period because of the sheer size of the room. printed fabrics were also rare, so the apple decal is quaint but pointless. the right side room wouldn't have ever been a bedroom, which were always on an upper floor of a house for a richer family, which this seems to be. the bed is also unrealistic, with the princess bed being more accurate to the time period. upstairs, the colour scheme of this bedroom is right on the mark, and i like how you've incorporated books and plants. the carpet supports the use of little items in this room. downstairs, i'd like to see a larder ontop of the laundry areas you currently have, as that'd support the 1900s theme.

the long road with all the villager houses is very cute, and the colour scheme is fantastic. more trees would help shroud some parts of the path to make it less repetitive. dolly's house has a bland exterior, but inside is super adorable! i love the mix of the woods and the colours of the table cloth being used throughout the room. the back room feels very playhouse vibe-y, and a little confusing. the right room is also confusing, with the floor being too dark for the furniture type. if this house is a dollhouse, it's an unclear iteration of one. to the right, the room in it's own right is solid, but in the context is alienated. upstairs and downstairs suffer the same fate.

mary's little garden area will hopefully become a sweet area, but is too empty to currently judge. inside, her house's rooms are all perfection, to be honest. try moving furniture around a little to make rooms a little less symmetrical, but apart from that, they are wonderful. your nook wanted sign above heidi's house is a sweet touch, but with the stormy day the purple tulips are too dark. the white customised cabin range has never been a favourite of mine, and it doesn't fit with the other items in the room. upstairs, her little straw filled, sad bedroom is very adorable.

and that seems to be it! thank you, good luck!

Back