♡ carp's dream town review thread ♡

Hello!

Would you be able to give my dream town a review?

Town Name: Highland
Mayor Claire
DA: 7E00 - 003F - 8198

Thank you!!

Can you please review mine as well? :)
Town name: Pandora
Dream address:
4C00-0057-6F6D
Mayor: Spencer

I didn't really go for any theme for this town as this was my first town ever and I just went along with how things panned out. So the villager houses are in random places but i tried to decorate around them :) Thanks :)

town name: pandora
dream code: 4C00-0057-6F6D
aesthetics: ★★☆☆☆
theme: ★★★☆☆
colour: ★★★☆☆
design: ★★★☆☆
overall: ★☆☆☆☆
comment: loading into your town, set at roughly the current date with falling blossom and cute lil' town paths, i like the aesthetic going on. your paths seem to be set with snow along the edges, which is a little odd. I like your little town plaza area, but would be more fluid if the whole plaza was covered. you seem to have this issue again with your retail shop, which is a shame. your little grass pattern design is sweet, and would be better if it where everywhere or no where. your little area above sprinkle's house with the stepping stones are cute, but would be more natural with less stepping stones and a better mix of flowers, as the blue pansies only partially match with the house. there are a lot of areas in your town with very little or nothing at all to look at- often, areas just have flowers thrown down, which is a shame. your lack of inner corner designs it a little painful to look at, but i know it's easier without inner corners. the pwp of the cube above the house is sweet, but again your use of one type of flower around your house would be cuter with a mix of flowers or a checkerboard pattern. caprice's house exterior is quaint.

inside, your main room is matching with your exterior but feels a little underdecorated. a few more design items such as plants or items from other ranges could improve this. the right side of the room in particular is very empty. the back room being blocked by such a modern, huge tv is a bit of a negative. your back room is sweet, and i love the coconuts in the room around the palm trees. perhaps the hula girl and some cosmos flowers could be in here, too? your right room is sweet, but the wall is a bit ill-matching. your use of space in the right room is good, however. your left room's back part is gorgeous, but the front being unsymmetrical is such a shame. if i was changing it, i would remove the screens and make a symmetrical pair of toilets, basins and showers to keep this beautiful zodiac/greek spa look. your upstairs roo is sweetly done, but the top left corner feels empty. fill it with something that catches the eye. in the basement, your blocked off grave yard is really unique! a great use of the huge space in this room, and the fact you can't always see all the items is really fun.

the caf? could be more secluded, but the positioning could be more positive. spencer's house with it's zen vibe, surrounded by the huge zen area leading to the campground is beautiful, and i love the effect the fake grass has, bringing it all together. your use of pwps is minimal but sweet, but i would love to see some cut bamboo of different stages along with the fully grown bamboo to properly create the atmosphere of a japanese-y area.

inside, the room doesn't really fit with the zen exterior, but is cute and a nice lounge-y area nevertheless. a painting or two on the walls would be a great addition! the back room is greatly matching with the exterior, and the use of the exotic and zen garden items along with some home comforts like the tumble dryer??? and tub is a super cute idea. you seem to make the best rooms when you don't follow a furniture theme as closely. to the right, i was a little disappointed not to see a beautiful hearth and zen kitchen, but the kitchen was very adequate. a bit bland, and the blue chair customisation wasn't very in keeping with the rest of the room. a very average room. to the left, the little asian caf?/food place was very adorable, and i love the use of fish tanks at the side of the room. the mannequins are very effective as well. your use of many colours in this room is super adorable! it'd be great if you use an octopus tank and a crab tank, instead of two duplicate crabs. upstairs, it's again a shame the zen theme didn't reach up here, but the room is objectively cute and well done. your double cabana armchairs could be changed, however. the use of the smaller tv in this room is appropriate. in the basement, a confusing gym/office/dining room vibe was going on, but the colour scheme is perfect.

you use red and white tulips beside the fountain under the town hall, but i think it would be more solid to have a ring of red and white tulips, then the path, then more red and white tulips to truly frame the fountain in the central position. i like the weaving path between cheri, coco and merengue's houses. your bright, colourful flower bed above the police station is a lovely meadow, but feels empty with no bushes and the small amount of trees there. the thick path underneath coco's house isn't needed, and would be more aesthetically pleasing with a smaller path design, such as the stepping stone one you had by the well pwp up the top of town. your use of bushes by portia's house is exactly what you need to do round the rest of town! your lil' circle of road around the lighthouse is also quite sweet, but could have more flowers and less path.

that seems to be it for your town, thank you for having me! good luck!

the caf?, if i remember correctly, was a little painful because of how little it was landscaped, the positioning was fairly average, but if it wasn't in front of the station it would allow it to be more 'submerged' in bushes/trees etc and be less of a huge block of orange bricks.

the police station, if i remember correctly again, had a random bunch of black tulips which was a little off-theme for your town, and the 2 wide path led straight to the door of the pwp. if you replaced this with a 1 wide path of clovers or patterns, it would allow you to have a symmetrical entrance to your building, rather than a slightly lopsided one.

Alright thank you , I'll work on those !

im just doing this for fun XD

DA, 4C00-0021-CA47

give me your honest opinion. its not the best

Hello!

Would you be able to give my dream town a review?

Town Name: Highland
Mayor Claire
DA: 7E00 - 003F - 8198

Thank you!!

town name: highland
dream code: 7E00-003F-8198
aesthetics: ★★★☆☆
theme: ★★★★☆
colour: ★★☆☆☆
overall: ★★★☆☆
comment: first up, your town name is a cute lil' medieval sounding village, loving it! a wild, foresty town with lots of misplaced weeds and the like. the area above the town plaza is a lil' empty to the right, and could use a pwp of some kind to fill up the space a little more. in my opinion, more weeds are needed throughout the town, to really get the wild feel. i'm a little confused by your colour scheme, which seems very alien to the atmosphere your town is set in. perhaps whites, purples and pinks would be more appropriate for the season? the long stretch of town at the bottom with all the villager houses is rather unremarkable, and needs to be finished with more patterns, flowers or bushes. perhaps even pwps to make it feel less randomly chucked down. your stepping stone paths are cute, but you need to use a few designs to really capture the aesthetic you're going for.

your little moai?? head in the rough middle of the town is what you need to do throughout. really embrace pwps rather than shying away from them. as you're hacking your town, there should be no issue with adding as many pwps as you need in a far shorter amount of time. your cake placed on the lower horizontal bridge is a small addition, but really adds to your town's vibe. using items like this throughout would bring your town together more. walking around, i see very few rocks, which would be a great thing to add to your town. rocks are pretty, wild and rustic looking.

i like your symmetrical tiki torches leading to claire's front garden, but i'd love to see more bushes to really define this area as a garden. claire's house is pretty and rustic on the outside, and inside that is carried on beautifully. this main room sitting room is one of the best i've ever seen in my life, it's so perfectly sweet and simple. i would customise the cabin low table in a darker wood that it is currently, as that's the only part of the room that doesn't fit with the rest. to the right, the plantish room is weaker the first, but still a nicely aesthetic to work on. the room needs more tables to fill up the huge gap to the left, with bonsai plants on them, perhaps? to the left, i love the little kitchen vibe, but it needs a few items changed/added to be perfect. the pizza oven to the far left needs something to the right of it, the cabin low table again needs to be in a darker colour, especially with the cabin wall being in this room, and the cauldron is far too dark for this room. upstairs, the bedroom vibe is sweet, and i can't think of any real additions, apart from perhaps a 'lost item' book beside the back right bookcase? in claire's basement, the bookcases being at such an angle is a bit alienating, and the room would be better if it flipped 180 degrees round. i love how you have mixed themes in this room, however.

i like the look of the town hall and police station near one another, and the statue fountain with the lil' courtyard, with it's path to the police station working well. i love the little areas you have to the left of this, with your mushroom circle, stonehenge and waterpump really boosting your aesthetic in comparison to the lower part of town, which is far weaker. it seems that the top half of town is far more developed, and i love all the little pwps working with one another, leading to the campsite at the end. it's seclusion works well in this town.

thank you for having me in your town, and good luck with future development!

- - - Post Merge - - -

im just doing this for fun XD

DA, 4C00-0021-CA47

give me your honest opinion. its not the best

town name: tiger
dream code: 4C00-0021-CA47
aesthetics: ★☆☆☆☆
theme: ★☆☆☆☆
colour: ★☆☆☆☆
design: ★★☆☆☆
comment: first up, an actually lowercase town name! i won't be attacked by pm of why my aesthetic overrules their grammatical correctness. very suave. your paths on the town plaza are very detailed, and yet lack a border on the edges, which is a shame. your flowers around the plaza are fairly random, with no colour palette, which i would love to see, especially with such brightly coloured paths. wandering up, i discover your town plaza, with the magenta brick HEllO greeting me. a more in-keeping colour to the town gate's bricks would be more appropriate. rather than magenta and bright pink, why not use peach and cream? your pwp and flower placements are very random, and i'd recommend breeding similarly coloured flowers to make flower beds rather than scattering them everywhere for a more sophisticated look. your town feels very messy.

bunny's house exterior is very oddly coloured, and the wood around the purple door doesn't match at all. try and match the whole house together. inside, i like the flooring and the room is cutely randomized. the layout of the room is poor, but the vibe you're going for is fairly solid. upstairs, the room is a little more painful to look at, but is average in looks. for a starting point in a room, choose a furniture series. this can help you make a room match better together at the start.

plot resetting your villagers so you have straighter paths would be a solid addition to your town, and a good place to start in the future. there are many guides online of how to plot reset efficiently. rose's house is a good start, but you should focus on picking pieces that match in colour or design with one another. the flowers idea in this room could lead to a nice flower shop, perhaps. the rest of your town is very empty, and i can't really comment on it as there is a lack of anything to comment upon. i'd love to see your town in the future when you've updated it more! good luck with your future additions, and remember a 1☆ review is a good starting block for a town. have fun!

Can you review mine please?

The details are in my signature

town name: newmist
dream code: 4C00-002A-1D11
aesthetics: ★★★★☆
theme: ★★★★★
colour: ★★★★★
design: ★★★★★
overall: ★★★★★
comment: loading into your town, i am shook™ by the amazing patterns and the beauty of the sunset with them! my only tiny nitpicky thing is for you to remember where lloid appears, and perhaps box him in, too, with patterns. your border of cedar trees and bushes is a beautiful piece of landscaping. your totem pole area right below the town plaza is beautiful, and the different heights through the cut bamboo, bamboo and cedar trees is really effective. a great use of space. you also gain a point for using inner-corner pieces of design, thank you! your lil' wild-side aesthetic by the police station is quaint. preston's house, is large, regal and in keeping with the town's vibe. i love how you've made special designs to work around the 1 space in front of his home. i would personally use a different roof, but it still fits with the regal vibe.

inside, preston's house had my tummy rumbling! it's sweety cake vibe is so quaint, and your accessorisation throughout is gorgeous. a wonderful centrepiece to a home. the back room is a little odd in terms of aesthetic, but is well put together. i'm not sure what series the characters are from, but they are a little black and bold for the ice range. perhaps the modern or astro series could fit better, with some customisation? to the right, again i am blown out of the water with your beautiful symmetry, and the island table and chairs (i don't know the actual name, sorry!) are so adorable. to the right, again, a fantastic room. the flooring is a little too plain for the amount of furniture in here, though. the meadow flooring is equally textured and would work better with the bright colours, but again it's tiny things i have to pick on here. upstairs, the use of the three hellish, non-matching sets works fine, and comes together somehow in an odd mishmash of colour. downstairs, the coolest basement your rad cousin from florida owned comes into shape, and i love it! the mix of the nintendo items with the sloppy range is well done, and everything mixes together well. you should be really proud of preston's house, it's a masterpiece of design.

above preston's house, the money trees with paving border is a wonderous way to use the space, and the colours work well together. the symmetry on the other side of this is beautifully done. i like both the archway and illuminated arch projects with their matching meadows of textured flowers. the way your path changes to clovers and stepping stones is beautiful, and the little rackshackle house in the woods vibe is cute. again, inside, the main room is nice, but this one isn't the most aesthetically pleasing, but works with the hall-o-ween, spooky vibe. the back room is very different to the rest of the theme, but is nicely done. upstairs, again, i'm confused, but pleasantly surprised by the pretty music box room. downstairs, the egg and card series work nicely together.

to the far left, the campsite and lighthouse together are so cute, and your use of colour throughout this town is beautiful. stitches house being the centre of the far left area, leading down with the 1 wide path is an effective design feature. your use of the landscape whilst maintaining symmetry is incredible. the flower arches are a pretty touch. the zen garden at the base of all this beauty is a lovely addition, again. i'm not sure about the flower combo around ketchup's house, but each to their own. the long stretch from ketchup and june's house to marshal's is some of the best landscaping i have ever seen. every part of this town outside is practically perfect, lmao. the huge amount of items by your lil' picnic area under the bell, left of the town hall, is a little overwhelmed with all the fruit baskets. your use of space everywhere is perfect. the park above inkwell's house is super adorable.

right, i'm done. i'm out. you're beyond being advised by ol' carp. amazing.

My town is fairly hideous since it's a work in progress (especially the houses) and it got many unused spaces for pwp later on. would be nice if you can review it and give me some insights! dream address is 5C00-0045-9DC6. thanks in advance!

comment: first up, your town name is a cute lil' medieval sounding village, loving it! a wild, foresty town with lots of misplaced weeds and the like. the area above the town plaza is a lil' empty to the right, and could use a pwp of some kind to fill up the space a little more. in my opinion, more weeds are needed throughout the town, to really get the wild feel. i'm a little confused by your colour scheme, which seems very alien to the atmosphere your town is set in. perhaps whites, purples and pinks would be more appropriate for the season? the long stretch of town at the bottom with all the villager houses is rather unremarkable, and needs to be finished with more patterns, flowers or bushes. perhaps even pwps to make it feel less randomly chucked down. your stepping stone paths are cute, but you need to use a few designs to really capture the aesthetic you're going for.

your little moai?? head in the rough middle of the town is what you need to do throughout. really embrace pwps rather than shying away from them. as you're hacking your town, there should be no issue with adding as many pwps as you need in a far shorter amount of time. your cake placed on the lower horizontal bridge is a small addition, but really adds to your town's vibe. using items like this throughout would bring your town together more. walking around, i see very few rocks, which would be a great thing to add to your town. rocks are pretty, wild and rustic looking.

i like your symmetrical tiki torches leading to claire's front garden, but i'd love to see more bushes to really define this area as a garden. claire's house is pretty and rustic on the outside, and inside that is carried on beautifully. this main room sitting room is one of the best i've ever seen in my life, it's so perfectly sweet and simple. i would customise the cabin low table in a darker wood that it is currently, as that's the only part of the room that doesn't fit with the rest. to the right, the plantish room is weaker the first, but still a nicely aesthetic to work on. the room needs more tables to fill up the huge gap to the left, with bonsai plants on them, perhaps? to the left, i love the little kitchen vibe, but it needs a few items changed/added to be perfect. the pizza oven to the far left needs something to the right of it, the cabin low table again needs to be in a darker colour, especially with the cabin wall being in this room, and the cauldron is far too dark for this room. upstairs, the bedroom vibe is sweet, and i can't think of any real additions, apart from perhaps a 'lost item' book beside the back right bookcase? in claire's basement, the bookcases being at such an angle is a bit alienating, and the room would be better if it flipped 180 degrees round. i love how you have mixed themes in this room, however.

i like the look of the town hall and police station near one another, and the statue fountain with the lil' courtyard, with it's path to the police station working well. i love the little areas you have to the left of this, with your mushroom circle, stonehenge and waterpump really boosting your aesthetic in comparison to the lower part of town, which is far weaker. it seems that the top half of town is far more developed, and i love all the little pwps working with one another, leading to the campsite at the end. it's seclusion works well in this town.

Hello!!

Thank you so so much for reviewing my town and for getting the vibe I'm going for!

when my town is completely finished, its going to be set in a stormy/rainy afternoon evening. Which will fit my town a lot better then blossom season! I just wanted to get a DA done for a review. so hopefully the next time you visit it'll be set then and will feel a little different to now!

Thanks for the lovely comment on Claire's living room! Yeah the planet room is probably the weaker of all my rooms, as i wasn't sure what was going on and went with the flow lol.

I will take all the suggestions on board and start to work on them! its so nice to have an outsider view my town as much as you think you're "done" its nice to have someone else have a look around and point out areas that need sorting.

Thank you again for the honest feed back!

town name: newmist
dream code: 4C00-002A-1D11
theme: ★★★★★
colour: ★★★★★
design: ★★★★★
overall: ★★★★★
comment: loading into your town, i am shook™ by the amazing patterns and the beauty of the sunset with them! my only tiny nitpicky thing is for you to remember where lloid appears, and perhaps box him in, too, with patterns. your border of cedar trees and bushes is a beautiful piece of landscaping. your totem pole area right below the town plaza is beautiful, and the different heights through the cut bamboo, bamboo and cedar trees is really effective. a great use of space. you also gain a point for using inner-corner pieces of design, thank you! your lil' wild-side aesthetic by the police station is quaint. preston's house, is large, regal and in keeping with the town's vibe. i love how you've made special designs to work around the 1 space in front of his home. i would personally use a different roof, but it still fits with the regal vibe.

inside, preston's house had my tummy rumbling! it's sweety cake vibe is so quaint, and your accessorisation throughout is gorgeous. a wonderful centrepiece to a home. the back room is a little odd in terms of aesthetic, but is well put together. i'm not sure what series the characters are from, but they are a little black and bold for the ice range. perhaps the modern or astro series could fit better, with some customisation? to the right, again i am blown out of the water with your beautiful symmetry, and the island table and chairs (i don't know the actual name, sorry!) are so adorable. to the right, again, a fantastic room. the flooring is a little too plain for the amount of furniture in here, though. the meadow flooring is equally textured and would work better with the bright colours, but again it's tiny things i have to pick on here. upstairs, the use of the three hellish, non-matching sets works fine, and comes together somehow in an odd mishmash of colour. downstairs, the coolest basement your rad cousin from florida owned comes into shape, and i love it! the mix of the nintendo items with the sloppy range is well done, and everything mixes together well. you should be really proud of preston's house, it's a masterpiece of design.

above preston's house, the money trees with paving border is a wonderous way to use the space, and the colours work well together. the symmetry on the other side of this is beautifully done. i like both the archway and illuminated arch projects with their matching meadows of textured flowers. the way your path changes to clovers and stepping stones is beautiful, and the little rackshackle house in the woods vibe is cute. again, inside, the main room is nice, but this one isn't the most aesthetically pleasing, but works with the hall-o-ween, spooky vibe. the back room is very different to the rest of the theme, but is nicely done. upstairs, again, i'm confused, but pleasantly surprised by the pretty music box room. downstairs, the egg and card series work nicely together.

to the far left, the campsite and lighthouse together are so cute, and your use of colour throughout this town is beautiful. stitches house being the centre of the far left area, leading down with the 1 wide path is an effective design feature. your use of the landscape whilst maintaining symmetry is incredible. the flower arches are a pretty touch. the zen garden at the base of all this beauty is a lovely addition, again. i'm not sure about the flower combo around ketchup's house, but each to their own. the long stretch from ketchup and june's house to marshal's is some of the best landscaping i have ever seen. every part of this town outside is practically perfect, lmao. the huge amount of items by your lil' picnic area under the bell, left of the town hall, is a little overwhelmed with all the fruit baskets. your use of space everywhere is perfect. the park above inkwell's house is super adorable.

right, i'm done. i'm out. you're beyond being advised by ol' carp. amazing.

Thanks for taking the time to review my town. I'm definitely better at landscaping than decorating lol. I'm glad you enjoyed Newmist.

Last edited:
Hello!!

Thank you so so much for reviewing my town and for getting the vibe I'm going for!

when my town is completely finished, its going to be set in a stormy/rainy afternoon evening. Which will fit my town a lot better then blossom season! I just wanted to get a DA done for a review. so hopefully the next time you visit it'll be set then and will feel a little different to now!

Thanks for the lovely comment on Claire's living room! Yeah the planet room is probably the weaker of all my rooms, as i wasn't sure what was going on and went with the flow lol.

I will take all the suggestions on board and start to work on them! its so nice to have an outsider view my town as much as you think you're "done" its nice to have someone else have a look around and point out areas that need sorting.

Thank you again for the honest feed back!

you're welcome! good luck!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Thanks for taking the time to review my town. I'm definitely better at landscaping than decorating lol. I'm glad you enjoyed Newmist.

no worries! it was a beautiful town c:

My town is fairly hideous since it's a work in progress (especially the houses) and it got many unused spaces for pwp later on. would be nice if you can review it and give me some insights! dream address is 5C00-0045-9DC6. thanks in advance!

town name: chinchin
dream code: 5C00-0045-9DC6
theme: ★★☆☆☆
overall: ★★☆☆☆
comment: first up, your town name is unique and sweet, and loading into your town the sunset matches the pink vibe you're going for well. the paving and sweet, but you need the inner corners of the patterns! idk if your aim is to just have pink roses everywhere, but personally i'd like to see a little bit of diversity in flowers in some parts. your town's very unfinished, as you said, and a lot of places needs something thrown in, to fill the space. the tree/bush combo leading to tara's house is sweet, and the illuminated arch is cute, but needs a few bushes around it to make it fit with the area.

the tiled area around the station feels wayyy too big, and needs some flower box designs/patterns or to be broken up somehow. the same goes for the retail path. realising that not every building (e.g; the police station) needs a thick path to it, and could have a more natural path to make your town seem more realistic would be a solid addition as of the current state. the hammock pwp is nicely surrounded by bushes, but everything in this town is very minimal. the almost-but-not-quite symmetrical path with the illuminated tree and streetlamp is annoying, either go for symmetricality or really focus on not being symmetrical. the three wide path from retail is alienating and annoying. do a 1 wide path either side of bushes, and please!! don't do a 3 wide path up to a bridge.

the courtyard area outside the cute tara palace is sweet, but too large. more flowers, less patterns. inside, tara's house is cute as heck, but feels very boxy. moving the dresser, for example, could open up the room more. the room to the right is a little bland, and you've fallen into the trap of using one set a room. mix furniture together of different types that have similar colours for a better effect. your left room has fallen into the same trap, which is a shame, but the few items you've used outside of the pav? series are a good addition. try matching all the furniture in a house together. upstairs has good design, but average aesthetics.

the campsite and little path to it is super adorable, and the colours work well together here. a few more flowers around the stumps and fire pit would be lovely. the whole lower part of town with tons of houses and all is very clustered and loud. if you plot reset your villagers and made a straight (or nearly straight) path through them all, with little paths like the one to the campsite to each house, it'd be a more solid design. good luck with developing your town further, and have fun!

thank you very much for the helpful advices! i'll probably be back here in a month or two after i'm done with everything. i realize i need a lot more demolishing-developing and basically redoing everything, but your review really helps me pinpoint which parts my town is lacking. once again, thank you!

hi! im back and i've finished my town! The dream address is here: 7D00-0017-C82F

town name: mangles
dream code: 7D00-0017-C82F
theme: ★★★☆☆
design: ★★★☆
comment: bit of a dodgy town name, but i can vibe with it. your plaza is solid, and the decoration with the trees is quaint. i'm not sure about the huge seas of pink carnations everywhere, but if that's your favourite flower, then so be it. a mixed meadow would be more effective, in my opinion. the path is nice, but a mix of bushes would give some realism to the town. on the town plaza, you could throw in a few weeds to really get the natural vibe, which i think the clovers currently try to convey. the bamboo infront of the town plaza is loud, bold, and a little bit of an eye sore. mix in another pattern or something, whether that be clovers or whatever. i'm not a fan of the 3 wide path to 2 wide path from the town hall, it would look better with a 1 wide path down to retail.

the pink and red rose gardens are cute, but again just need more stuff around them to really put it together. the bridge to nowhere beside the waterfall is a bit confusing, but an almost cute spot to take a picture. if you just used bamboo in the river, it might be a more effective look, but it's a difficult game to try and play. the caf? area is bland, but the wisteria trellis next to it could be the start of something far better, if you develop it more. waltzing upwards, the little path to the pond with geyser is super adorable! a wonderful piece of design, there.

it's a shame you haven't developed the villager area further, i'd love to see some diversity with the houses, or a little zen-vibe village in the corner, but alas. the horizontal bridge to the two houses is super cute, and the trees mixed with one another is a cute touch. kaye's house has a cute exterior, and a non-matching, bland interior main room. upstairs is also confusing. are they about to shoot something a bit inappropriate, or is this meant to be a fashion studio? make it clearer. shrooma's house is sweet, but forced feeling. mix furniture sets together to get a more effective look.

the isolation of merengue was a little odd, i was expecting some ugly villager to be isolated on the beach. the bamboo covering the cliffs is sweet and understated, and amelia☆'s house is nice and snug in the cliff dip. the bulletin board being here is a little odd, but it's a cute vibe. a nice, mansion zen exterior. an interesting effect of houses being on the beach, in my opinion, is the little floor under each house appearing above the house, rather than below. inside, i love the main room, but it feels a bit bright, and clashes because of this. turning all the lights off makes the furniture mix better together. less light is often better than more in rooms with mixed sets! the back room is a completely different theme, which is confusing, but it's nicely put together nevertheless. the right room is cute, but again doesn't match. either strive for a theme or kill it. the fruit baskets could be a little more diversely placed- use some tables, perhaps? the left room is a good attempt at zen symmetry, but needs more stone to make it work. upstairs is bland and has an empty centre of the room, and downstairs the left of the room is very empty. fill these gaps.

the zen bench above the ramp from the sea is cutely placed. the statue fountain and bus stop is a cute touch, but needs more flowers perhaps to make it work. your whole vibe with the pwps on the bottom half town is far more solid than the top half.

thank you for letting me visit your town, good luck with future development!

- - - Post Merge - - -

thank you very much for the helpful advices! i'll probably be back here in a month or two after i'm done with everything. i realize i need a lot more demolishing-developing and basically redoing everything, but your review really helps me pinpoint which parts my town is lacking. once again, thank you!

no worries! good luck!

Thank you! i really appriciate the advice! i know my house is a mess hahaha. And yes, kaye's room is a photo studio/catwalk. Mangles is a weird name, i made it up when i started the game and i guess it stuck. Thank you for all the lovely comments!

Hi! Weird request... My town is only.. kind of literally "half-way done"?
(The top half of my town, to keep it simple) Would you like reviewing the top part of my town?

(I ran out of inspiration and am trying to figure out what to do with the rest of my town, so if you've got any ideas for that too, it'd be really appreciated!)

My dream address is 6b00-0010-49f3

- - - Post Merge - - -

:)

Last edited:
Carp, you wouldn't mind checking out my dream towns, right? :)

Shamplin: 5A00 - 0026 - D661
Tears: 5E00 - 003A -90DA

And thanks for this review thread. I'll gonna be visiting towns on the list, too!

- - - Post Merge - - -

town name: tiger
dream code: 4C00-0021-CA47
theme: ★☆☆☆☆
colour: ★☆☆☆☆
design: ★★☆☆☆
comment: first up, an actually lowercase town name! i won't be attacked by pm of why my aesthetic overrules their grammatical correctness. very suave. your paths on the town plaza are very detailed, and yet lack a border on the edges, which is a shame. your flowers around the plaza are fairly random, with no colour palette, which i would love to see, especially with such brightly coloured paths. wandering up, i discover your town plaza, with the magenta brick HEllO greeting me. a more in-keeping colour to the town gate's bricks would be more appropriate. rather than magenta and bright pink, why not use peach and cream? your pwp and flower placements are very random, and i'd recommend breeding similarly coloured flowers to make flower beds rather than scattering them everywhere for a more sophisticated look. your town feels very messy.

bunny's house exterior is very oddly coloured, and the wood around the purple door doesn't match at all. try and match the whole house together. inside, i like the flooring and the room is cutely randomized. the layout of the room is poor, but the vibe you're going for is fairly solid. upstairs, the room is a little more painful to look at, but is average in looks. for a starting point in a room, choose a furniture series. this can help you make a room match better together at the start.

plot resetting your villagers so you have straighter paths would be a solid addition to your town, and a good place to start in the future. there are many guides online of how to plot reset efficiently. rose's house is a good start, but you should focus on picking pieces that match in colour or design with one another. the flowers idea in this room could lead to a nice flower shop, perhaps. the rest of your town is very empty, and i can't really comment on it as there is a lack of anything to comment upon. i'd love to see your town in the future when you've updated it more! good luck with your future additions, and remember a 1☆ review is a good starting block for a town. have fun!

thank you for the uhh omg i forgot the word XD...insite on my town i will work on it :p

My town is far from done, but I just HAD to save it today because I had the purple sunset and it's the last day of the cherry blossoms. None of the house interiors are done and the town itself is only 70% done. I don't care how you rate it, but it would be fun to see what you think of my town now :) DA in my signature!

Back