• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

April Fool's Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you mean? Collectibles have plagued this forum since the beginning of time. The fleas have done us a great service, they should be honored for such.

The future has shone upon us with its glorious brilliance! The time to seize our destiny and conquer all our fears is now! In ancient times, members rubbed bells together to make collectibles. Then they posted around the forums and traded one another for pixels. After that came the events! In every chapter of our history we've danced with danger, but now it will be different! For the first time in the history of existence we will be delivered from fear! Finally we will escape the prison of our illusions, and the beautiful fleas will embrace us all!

I mean let's be real if it was real this would've been locked and Justin's first post losing it would've been deleted.

If the mods and admins are intentionally provoking collectible fans (and every person trying to read certain threads..) at this point, then they must be happy with how the pitchforks are gathering lol.

If they did NOT do this deliberately then this is quite a stressful time for them. In that case, the posts in this thread are real and they clearly have problems beyond a database restoration. Hopefully they're able to work things out (and collectibles are not my big concern there, given this thread).

In any case there's nothing we can do but pick up pitchforks (no thanks), point and laugh (I'm done laughing for now), or wait.

:)

I mean let's be real if it was real this would've been locked and Justin's first post losing it would've been deleted.

Remember when a similar thing happened because of that wonderful idea you had a few Easters ago? If this were real I could see a similar situation going down. Consequences would already be handed out to everybody, the harshest to those who didn't do anything!

So, with that logic alone, I think it's just a laugh.

Right there with ya! That's exactly why I don't believe this. It's completely out of character for them to just fight publicly when they hate when that happens and lock threads all the time for that reason. Oh mods, you guys are too good to pull off being bad. <3

Remember when a similar thing happened because of that wonderful idea you had a few Easters ago? If this were real I could see a similar situation going down. Consequences would already be handed out to everybody, the harshest to those who didn't do anything!

So, with that logic alone, I think it's just a laugh.

What, that video I made where I fake-deleted the Golden Egg?

Also the amount of bells they gave to make up for it seems like a joke. Lol, 15? If they're really sorry, I say give us all 2000 bells at least ;)

Also the amount of bells they gave to make up for it seems like a joke. Lol, 15? If they're really sorry, I say give us all 2000 bells at least ;)

i didnt even get anything lol (i dont blame them)

So I mean for 100 TBT I will redraw all of the icons in MSPaint, just lmk.

I didn't do **** man. It's not my fault.

Quite frankly, this is all Oblivia and Jeremy's fault. I thought having some fleas raining down the forum would be funny sure, but ****ing with people's hard-earned collectibles for a silly prank seemed way too dangerous. I warned them not to do it in case we ****ed something up like this, but they did it anyway and here we are now. :| I wouldn't normally make a post like this, team spirit, professionalism and everything, but I can't make myself stay silent about this. Look, I get mistakes happen sometimes, but what a colossal ****-up guys. What if we can't fix everything and some people loose their items forever? I've been on this site for over a decade and half of that working on the Shop and collectibles of the forum.

you gave me an infraction for swearing once

Can you please stop acting like I'm the worst person in the world simply because I made a MISTAKE? I'll admit that I thought it'd be an easy fix since we had done similar things in the past without issue, but obviously one of us screwed something up somewhere and now here we are. Rather than pointing fingers and acting like we're a couple of cretins, maybe we should all work together to try and fix as much as we can so the restoration process goes smoothly? Just a suggestion, though you probably won't go along with it since you still won't talk to me outside of bashing me in public.

This is the last time I'm going to reply to you about this. Either talk to me in private or keep posting to dead air. I don't care anymore.

To everyone else, I'm sorry things ended up like this. Justin's correct in that it was likely me who made the mistake when attempting to reformat the inventory, but please believe me when I say I NEVER would have done any of this if I had known what would happen. I hope you all have a good night and that you don't look at me differently as a result of all this.

I'm sorry.

I can't believe this. I've been at work all day and I come home and all I want to do is sit in my bed and play Zelda and I log on to see this? What a joke.

Man, I know I've outright said I hate collectibles, but the only collectibles I displayed were ones of sentimental value and that I had memories with, and it's annoying to see that my last 8 years of TBT history have been wiped in some dumb ass prank I didn't even want you to do to being with like wtf fleas falling from the sky isn't even funny.

Have fun trying to moderate a forum with one less staff member. PEACE.

HAHAHA SUCKED IN ****ERS MY WEIRD DOLL IS SAVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back