• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Multi town players are your towns all IRL time

Classygirl

Bells
Lobo
Mint
November Birthstone (Topaz)
September Birthstone (Sapphire)
August Birthstone (Peridot)
April Birthstone (Diamond)
Spring Shamrock
Kapp'n Christmas Doll
Tasty Cake
January Birthstone (Garnet)
I have more than a few towns cough and with IRL I fall behind on some. Two towns are on Festivale one about to go to Shamrock day..I'm catching up by holidays but some towns are apstill Jan and since update I can't check and see on first load if I played my birthday or not before updating in those towns. Anyway if you have multis do you mind if they are out of synch with IRL or have them in different seasons. It's easy to fall behind with more than 2 towns hopefully I'm not the only one that is sometimes behind a few months, lol. Any advice. I end up trying to catch one up and the others fall further back.

Last edited:
set a date where you catch up for a full day and run metaphorically through the dates

Not sure why you can't see when you last played on a town (for your Birth date day) - not showable in activity log?

Well I play many towns, I'm unwilling to say how many, apart from saying I'm at the very max that I can deal with, if not over). But each one means a lot to me, they all have town/character names that link back to special happy times in the past. I could not ever bring myself to delete one.
They are all on cart, all on their own 3ds (I'm an adult, its my choice to buy, I buy a unit if on offer & I won't be buying any more, yes a luxury, but its my main/almost only form of relaxation).

I never try and keep up with anything, these games are my relaxation, stress free time. They are all still in 2013 (well one is near to coming up to 2014) - I set them in 2013 even tho the last one I bought was last year. No necessity to do this, I just did. (2013 is the year my father died, maybe that has something to do with it).

There are no issues with being on a different date, system updates (for the unit) come down OK, DLC (when we had it, I'm in UK so I've not had any for a long time) comes down fine, whatever date you are on.
Streetpass works OK, when or if I get it, that's not down to the date its set on tho.

You can visit other towns (to sell turnips etc) set on any other date, past or future. [Turnips spoil based on the date you buy - I always buy in my own town, going to a town on a different date to sell, has no effect].

Unsure if how you change time has any impact - I don't think it has.
Since acww days (where it was a necessity) I change time on the ds unit in system settings and then load the game.
I keep both times in sync as I only play acnl, no other time related games. I find it simpler if only because it gives me a 2nd chance of seeing the time I save (if I forget to note ingame I can see it on the unit itself). I make a written note of the time I save.
I only move forward ingame, change the system clock back to the time I want, after the time I last saved.

No stress, lovey easy game to play. But it is a game and does not take the place of real life, it gets put on hold for real life issues or if just don't feel like playing.

Not sure why you can't see when you last played on a town (for your Birth date day) - not showable in activity log?

Well I play many towns, I'm unwilling to say how many, apart from saying I'm at the very max that I can deal with, if not over). But each one means a lot to me, they all have town/character names that link back to special happy times in the past. I could not ever bring myself to delete one.
They are all on cart, all on their own 3ds (I'm an adult, its my choice to buy, I buy a unit if on offer & I won't be buying any more, yes a luxury, but its my main/almost only form of relaxation).

I never try and keep up with anything, these games are my relaxation, stress free time. They are all still in 2013 (well one is near to coming up to 2014) - I set them in 2013 even tho the last one I bought was last year. No necessity to do this, I just did. (2013 is the year my father died, maybe that has something to do with it).

There are no issues with being on a different date, system updates (for the unit) come down OK, DLC (when we had it, I'm in UK so I've not had any for a long time) comes down fine, whatever date you are on.
Streetpass works OK, when or if I get it, that's not down to the date its set on tho.

You can visit other towns (to sell turnips etc) set on any other date, past or future. [Turnips spoil based on the date you buy - I always buy in my own town, going to a town on a different date to sell, has no effect].

Unsure if how you change time has any impact - I don't think it has.
Since acww days (where it was a necessity) I change time on the ds unit in system settings and then load the game.
I keep both times in sync as I only play acnl, no other time related games. I find it simpler if only because it gives me a 2nd chance of seeing the time I save (if I forget to note ingame I can see it on the unit itself). I make a written note of the time I save.
I only move forward ingame, change the system clock back to the time I want, after the time I last saved.

No stress, lovey easy game to play. But it is a game and does not take the place of real life, it gets put on hold for real life issues or if just don't feel like playing.

Thank you for this my towns used to be in different years and I felt like I wanted to jump them all and I'm working on it by tourneys and holidays the update makes it easy have one totally good and one close will have the others when I do. I am an adult as well 33 with 2 MAs 2 BAs but I'm disabled due to medical genetics and autoimmunes and cannot work again ever so it is my stress free zone but my IRL can be stressful so I'm not escaping with it no worries I'm not a kid/early 20s so I just use it differently but it makes me feel better to read your post, I didn't like being all different years and such but now I'm close and take my time have insomnia so play at night a lot and it doesn't really interfere but is a great relief..I just write down on a list town names and last played and use the system clock as you said. I am glad to know I'm not the only one...its been out for 4 years and over that time with characters I guess I've made 2 a year and one for this one after with new card room on my spare. With the age base here I understand your concern but I'm not missing out on anything with it. Also thanks for calling me Lovely that's the nickname I gave my original town from 2013 original Fang villager to call me on my main or first town Hey Lovely, Lovely you home when he breaks in he's my max friend I guess lol but it made me smile.

I have 2 from 2013 so those are my 2 mains I guess then others as new characters or ideas came in. And yes it was my choice to buy the carts and 2 da machines over the past 4 years so if it harms none. Glad to know I'm not the only one playing my way. And I know it doesn't affect anything but I was just curious.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh and my birthday I have two machines and I have multi towns the log dos the seperate between which carts were played when and with update can't villager new check it to see.

- - - Post Merge - - -

As some towns haven't been updated yet but machine 2 was now.

I am unashamed (lol) to say I have twelve towns. I time travel in all of them and do not keep them all in one particular season. This way I get to enjoy all the seasons all year long.

I don't know what "ITL" means sorry? I tried googling but couldn't find it.

I keep both my towns in different times and am working - vaguely - towards getting them back up to the real date. One is mid 2015 and the other is about to hit New Year's of 2016. I don't mind at all having towns in different years and seasons. I don't intentionally do anything to *keep* them seperate, I just prefer to play each in-game day (or skip only a couple of months max). So this is what happens lol.

I change my date/time in the 3DS settings, too, for the same reasons others do. It's far easier for me to keep track of when I last played this way, using my activity log (as I only play one ACNL per console). It's also easier for me sustain a "pause" if I don't get back to playing within a day or so in real time, since I can look at the frozen date + time displayed when opening my 3DS (I leave it suspended in the clock app). Since I started leaving my 3DSes like this I haven't had any issues with accidentally TTing forward or back, so it works for me.

Classygirl, I'm dyslexic, and although I check what I write before I post, I still miss a lot.
Pleased that lovely made you smile, I meant to write lovely but wrote lovey (which is a term of affection, albeit its not used so much now). One of my villagers says Luv a duck!

Names villagers want to call you: I know you can refuse what they suggest, sometimes they allow you to enter a new one, sometimes not. If they give me the option, I'll try something different - you've given me ideas!
I do use pleasant/funny greetings/catchphrases - its a fun part of the game and makes me smile too.
If I get stuck I flick through a dictionary of rhyming slang (John Ayto) British/Australian but there is probably similar for the US. I like giving them something funny/relevant to their breed. Loads on google but I play the game off line, so like a book. As you see I go off on tangents quickly.
I too play when I can't sleep, but it 'wakes me up' a bit too much, reading helps better.
My units too were bought over the years, mainly as a birthday/Christmas present.

Dorian - truly pleased/relieved that there is a player that has more towns than I have.

amanda1983 - I can't see 'ITL' in the thread, its there somewhere - don't know what it means either.

Didn't know I could pause the unit (I think that is what you are saying, that you freeze the time on the unit itself?)
I turn mine off, as it can be several weeks before I pick up a unit up again.

Turning off has caused one anomaly within the acnl game - although I turn the unit off, there is a battery, so the system time progresses while the time ingame is frozen.

If I streetpass games, where I haven't played one of the games for a while, it occasionally means I pick up an older version of the other game (in the form of the character/house that is in HHA plaza).
It will be an older version to what I am actually playing in that game. (different clothes, a lot less developed house to what I have currently). It rectifies on the next streetpass if I play that other game first (presumably cos I reset the system time back to play it). But I don't really understand why it picks up that much earlier copy in the first place. Not important, a puzzle, I sort of get it but not quite.

duh ITL is in the title & I didn't read it - don't know, I scan and misread all the time, guess I read it as are your towns in real time.

Last edited:
I don't know what "ITL" means sorry? I tried googling but couldn't find it.

I keep both my towns in different times and am working - vaguely - towards getting them back up to the real date. One is mid 2015 and the other is about to hit New Year's of 2016. I don't mind at all having towns in different years and seasons. I don't intentionally do anything to *keep* them seperate, I just prefer to play each in-game day (or skip only a couple of months max). So this is what happens lol.

I change my date/time in the 3DS settings, too, for the same reasons others do. It's far easier for me to keep track of when I last played this way, using my activity log (as I only play one ACNL per console). It's also easier for me sustain a "pause" if I don't get back to playing within a day or so in real time, since I can look at the frozen date + time displayed when opening my 3DS (I leave it suspended in the clock app). Since I started leaving my 3DSes like this I haven't had any issues with accidentally TTing forward or back, so it works for me.

In time with Life it should have said IRL here sorry didn't notice the mistake

- - - Post Merge - - -

Classygirl, I'm dyslexic, and although I check what I write before I post, I still miss a lot.
Pleased that lovely made you smile, I meant to write lovely but wrote lovey (which is a term of affection, albeit its not used so much now). One of my villagers says Luv a duck!

Names villagers want to call you: I know you can refuse what they suggest, sometimes they allow you to enter a new one, sometimes not. If they give me the option, I'll try something different - you've given me ideas!
I do use pleasant/funny greetings/catchphrases - its a fun part of the game and makes me smile too.
If I get stuck I flick through a dictionary of rhyming slang (John Ayto) British/Australian but there is probably similar for the US. I like giving them something funny/relevant to their breed. Loads on google but I play the game off line, so like a book. As you see I go off on tangents quickly.
I too play when I can't sleep, but it 'wakes me up' a bit too much, reading helps better.
My units too were bought over the years, mainly as a birthday/Christmas present.

Dorian - truly pleased/relieved that there is a player that has more towns than I have.

amanda1983 - I can't see 'ITL' in the thread, its there somewhere - don't know what it means either.

Didn't know I could pause the unit (I think that is what you are saying, that you freeze the time on the unit itself?)
I turn mine off, as it can be several weeks before I pick up a unit up again.

Turning off has caused one anomaly within the acnl game - although I turn the unit off, there is a battery, so the system time progresses while the time ingame is frozen.

If I streetpass games, where I haven't played one of the games for a while, it occasionally means I pick up an older version of the other game (in the form of the character/house that is in HHA plaza).
It will be an older version to what I am actually playing in that game. (different clothes, a lot less developed house to what I have currently). It rectifies on the next streetpass if I play that other game first (presumably cos I reset the system time back to play it). But I don't really understand why it picks up that much earlier copy in the first place. Not important, a puzzle, I sort of get it but not quite.

duh ITL is in the title & I didn't read it - don't know, I scan and misread all the time, guess I read it as are your towns in real time.

Yes you read it the way it was meant IRL I didn't see the mistake until was pointed out... I thought it was IRL I must have hit the T by mistake or seen it wrong but I did make a name for it, in time with life, lol but it meant IRL was an accident...also I go on sub topics too and yes when they nickname me if I dont like it I say no so he asked and I said Lovely and now it's cute he is the one who is always busting in my house so when Im in the basement looking for clothes in the closet bam Lovely Im here are you home, why aren't you home, Thanks Lovely, Hey Lovely can I ask you a favor it's cute and as an original first town animal before cards and cycling that I knew of or TBTF member he was my main guy still there four years later so he throws my bdays and busts in a lot but he's closest to heart as may be only original still in the same first town, as I relocated a few originals, but he's my Camelot original rep, lol. All my towns have one I guess but he's the eldest. I'm also glad to see someone with more towns than me, lol. Also my talk to text and iPad typing does typo on me a lot so please forgive ones I don't catch.

Last edited:
I really want a second game but also want another game.. the problems..

I think all of my towns are on IRL time, but I only ever really play one town at a time because it's fairly difficult to keep like three towns up to date all the time.
I use to just TT each individual day to play through them, but after my friend gave me her copy of ACNL I just decided to switch between my three different towns every few months so that it's easier for me

That's kind of what I do swap between catch one up if far I go by holidays and tourneys and then when ITL go to next copy catch it up and next and then back

I tend to play one game for a few days or even a week or so - it's the only way I can sort of get immersed into that town & its villagers. I've got to get back into the swing of the town, what I still have to do for that day etc. If I have a birthday coming up (villager or a character, then I get ready for it - your friendship level with the villagers effects what you get for your birthday present, similarly an event).

Playing this way means I am relatively reluctant to visit between towns, I do, but its not something I do much, and it has to have a major purpose (signing petitions or taking Katie are not on their own enough to make me bring out two 3ds's).

I'm not worried what date the towns are on, they are on different dates/seasons albeit all still in the same year. It doesn't matter game wise. I'm a very slow player and I don't set time playing goals at all - I may set myself an ingame goal, but no date goals. I never think I must play to get this town onto a particular date.

The disadvantage for me of several towns, is that the towns and their villagers sort of merge, none of the villagers become particularly special or even memorable for me. I like some of them but I never play any one town long enough to build up any sort of fondness for the town or villagers. This is a sort of sadness as I can remember my city folk villagers and town layout far better than I can those in new leaf.

Fang is special to you, Apollo was special for me in acww (& I would love to get him in acnl, but don't have his card, but you never know he might yet turn up via the campsite (in town tent) or I get the card). In accf - probably Nate, but in acnl? - there is no-one really.
Ah 'in time life' - I like it. ... and my mind starts to wander ... in time with life, in step with time or not.

Last edited:
I play two towns I don't keep them irl time do to work, and other things. I prefer setting the time to whenever is good to me. Marine is currently April 4th while Rainwood is currently in December.

I have 5 towns and the only one that is in real time is my main town.
I've been playing since the release and made changes. Guest town for visitor stay Spring to late September now and than repeats.
I have a few towns frozen on different dates because I don't have time to play all of them.

My main town always comes first. If I have some free time I play in one of the other towns.

I have 2 towns I play, and a third that's for cycling.

My main town is set to real date, my second town is set 6 months in the future. I wanted 4 towns to play, set 4 months apart but I discovered that sometimes 2 is way too many for me!

I have two towns, and they're both technically in real time, only in different time zones. My main town is in EST, and my Japanese town is set in Japan's timezone.

In my main town (or first town rather) its IRL time...but my second town I have it set to October right now and the year is one behind....

Arboleda is in current time, the only time it may not be in current time is when I want to update the dream town during the summer season.
Cat Isle has has a set time to be in and it does not change through seasons, it was made to look pretty not to be played through the whole year. I might change it to winter though, I'm not sure yet..

Back