• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Do you feed your Villagers Rotten Fruit?

Scythe Sin

World Famous Duck Slayer
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Silver Mailbox
I do it all the time I have one, I find it extremely funny to do.

Do you do it too? If not, would you ever consider it?

I would absolutely do this to someone I hate haha. I don't really grab fruit off the trees very often so I don't get many rotten fruits but that would be hilarious. I can think of a few villagers I would do that to haha

I did it once by accident and I felt so bad about it :( So now I'm extra careful to not give them rotten fruit (if I choose to fulfil their request - I usually don't, to avoid them calling me a pro-listener).

I've never done it but I have thought about giving one to Shrunk but the game doesn't let you :(

Never got perfect fruits because I rarely shake my trees, but once I do, I'll give them to villagers I don't like xD

What happens when you do? Do they get mad? I've honestly never done it, if I have perfect fruit I'll give them it because I want them to have the best, I have tried to hand them a basket and they just hand it back saying they only need one fruit.

Not anymore. I did when I was trying to get rid of villagers in my town's early days. Now I give everyone perfect fruit when they ask.

No. It feels like giving a person a rotten fruit/food in real-life. I feel bad XD

Ah, no, I haven't! I forgot that you could actually do that... now I'm curious.

Rotten fruit should be disposed right away and not given to an villager.

Even if disposing the fruit is the right thing to do, I still feel like giving a villager a rotten fruit JUST for the reaction...

never have, but i was thinking about giving one to a villager i dislike/hate

Um no? I don't think about killing my animals or giving them food poisoning, besides all my villagers are little darlings! I would only give one to a Wolf, Hippeux or Harry.

Last edited:
Absolutely not and I never would. I don't find it amusing to do anything cruel to my villagers. I don't hit them with a net, dig pitfalls or feed them rotten fruit. Why have a game like this if you are just going to be nasty? And this is my own personal opinion, not a judgment. But the question was asked, so I answered honestly :)

I did it in the past when i didn't like a villanger. I would pitfall them,net them,push them,spam talk to them,etc. That was when i was younger, now i give all my animals love and attention even if i don't really want them :) it's kinda rude and cruel to do those things ya i understand it's a game but it doesn't really make it right

I accidentally gave one to Hamlet once :(

But I will give it to the ones I hate...

Interesting, I have never thought about this before. Firstable, I have never had rotten fruits so... Second, I would never do it to my favourite villagers. Maybe I would if there was someone I don't like and just hope he/she would move. But overall... No, I don't think I would do that. That would be so mean! :eek:

Back