• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Do you feed your Villagers Rotten Fruit?

I sometimes send trash to Sylvia in the mail, but I've never thought to give out rotten fruit. I might actually make a point of talking to her everyday now, just so I have that option. >:]

I think i've given a villager rotten fruit before, but i'm pretty sure I did it by accident. Other than that, no I don't do it, purely because it's quite a length to go to when you could just pick a perfect fruit off a tree and give it to them instead of looking around for a rotten one. I'm kind of neutral about the whole thing, personally I wouldn't do it because it probably just makes your villagers dislike you, but if that's what people choose to do with their game, then that's fine. Just not what i'd do personally. :)

I wouldn't I may have by accident once but I wouldn't on purpose unless I didn't save after I am curious what they say when you do but can't bring myself to do it, lol. So what do they do?

huh, i never have, but it honestly never crossed my mind. i guess i'm sort of a simpleton when it comes to all the options i can make in-game. OwO;;;

but - now i'm super curious: what happens if you do???

When you feed them a Rotten Fruit, depending on their personality, they either get depressed or angry at you for giving them rotten fruit...

But if you give them any of the perfect fruits, I believe they do that singing and walking animation.

- - - Post Merge - - -

What happens when you do? Do they get mad? I've honestly never done it, if I have perfect fruit I'll give them it because I want them to have the best, I have tried to hand them a basket and they just hand it back saying they only need one fruit.

If you feed them a rotten fruit, depending on their personality, they will either get depressed or get angry at you for feeding them rotten fruit.

Something I've never done nor will.
Furthest I get in the mean stakes is to take on a request and then not been able to fulfil (I take it on in the hope I can) - but I don't keep a stock of rare bugs/fish, so sometimes I don't fulfil, nor do I always try that hard.
I don't use the toy hammer either (appears on island shop), guess it would have similar results to rotten fruit.
Their reaction to perfect fruit raises a smile sometimes.

In similar mind set I try and give them funny/happy greetings/catch phrases; I prefer that to having something mean said back to me.
I like all my villagers, there're too bland to get a negative reaction from me.

I gave a rotten peach to Ch?vre one time on accident,before I knew rotten fruit existed. Now I'm extra careful to check before giving it away.

Hahaha
I should try doing this to some ugly villager I hate before moving them out
To answer your question, I didn't even know this was possible. Totally gonna try it tho.

Last edited:
eee34b9c5e1abcf32b1cbd06a4544cd3.gif

i don't know how you could bully your villagers ;_; i feel bad enough just turning them down for bug requests so their homes don't get ugly. maybe i'm just a pansy haha

All my villagers are my adorable little babies and I treat them like the royalty they are. They get perfect fruit and nothing less.

I've given my villagers rotten fruit before - both by accident and on purpose. I just give them whatever fruit I come across first when they ask, unless they specify (perfect fruit that can't grow in this town, for example). I don't pay much attention to their reactions generally but the ones to rotten and perfect fruit are memorable so I'm happy to see them when they happen. I'm not going to walk across my town to find a piece to set off that reaction, but I'll enjoy it when it's easily arranged! Oh, and I don't care whether I like the villager or not, I'll hand them any piece of fruit in any condition equally.

I wouldn't do it to *someone else's* villagers (if you even can?), anymore than I would send letters to their villagers with a piece of rubbish attached as the gift or hit them with nets (unless by accident). It would be rude and disrespectful of me as a guest to treat the host's villagers the way I do mine, especially when they've made it clear they don't want anyone hitting their villagers (but even if that's not said, you should check before you do anything that risks causing offence).

I do not consider my in-game actions to be "mean" at all, and they bear exactly zero relation to my real life behaviours. I understand some people feel very differently, and that's completely fine, but please try and understand that how you feel about certain things is not how everyone does. Part of why AC games are so fabulous is that they are so open-ended for people to play as they choose!

:)

Back