Sewing Room Idea🎶

Mayor_Freya

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
So I have just upgraded my house so that I now have an upstairs and a basement. I've had this idea to have a sewing room in the basement where I can leisurely try on all my clothes and make it really cosy and pink. I have got a few of the items from the new update like the yarn basket and the sewing kit and I'm also best pals with Sable so she has given me the first mannequin.

I thought I would ask everyone what sort of wallpaper and flooring I should have as well as any items you could think of that would look really sweet in it. Also, I thought I would share my idea for anyone who would like to use it for their house too!

~ Freya

I made a sewing room in my basement too! I mean it's more like my own "tailor shop" for a growing designer but same difference I guess? I can show you a picture of mine if you want any ideas.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Here it is:
WVW69kNBd4snxQgeLA

Last edited:
I have a sewing room (no photos though, sorry), it's one of my favorite rooms! It's fully expanded so it's pretty big, there's a spinning and weaving area; a laundry area, and a big sewing area. I customized everything to look like pink gingham fabric is being woven, ironed, and sewn into outfits. You'll want a mannequin to dress in one of the completed outfits, too!

I also have a table with stools on the side with some millinery going on.

I'm setting up a sewing room in my basement as well! :D
So far I've got two mannequins, random clothing scattered around and hanging on the walls, the sewing machine, and the old sewing machine. It's still a work in progress. I'm hoping to give it a "fledgling fashion designer" feel.
As to your room, the chic wall might be nice; I really like how subtle it is, yet it's still really cute. If you want REALLY pink, there's the lovely wall or the parlor wall. The rose wall might also be nice, but it has more yellow and orange tones than pink. The alpine wall is also cute, with little styalized white birds, but it's blue.
Flooring-wise, the neutral floor might be a good choice. It's light wood. The plush carpet is a really dark pink, with green and yellow. The rococo floor might also be nice; an off-white stone look that is one of my favorites. There is also the round carpet, but it has more purple tones.
All of the floors and walls I've recommended are ones I have in my catalogue, so I'd be more than happy to give thwm to you if you don't have them. :)
Good luck with yours! I bet it'll be super cute!

Edit: Some furniture that might be cute is the cuckoo clock, fancy frame, the loom, the marshmallow chair, the pendulum clock, the rocking chair, spinning wheel, wooden stool, moth orchid, or potted ivy. Recommending furniture is difficult because "cute" can be kind of subjective.

Last edited:
I would include the quilted tapestry! I'm thinking about maybe putting some sewing-related stuff in my eventual study/lounge, and if I do, I'm totally hanging a cute little quilt on the wall. <3

I have one in my basement too. :)

It's in my Gables town in Anne's house, if you want to take a look. 5F00-0010-89AF. I would love to see yours whens it's finished.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I have a sewing room (no photos though, sorry), it's one of my favorite rooms! It's fully expanded so it's pretty big, there's a spinning and weaving area; a laundry area, and a big sewing area. I customized everything to look like pink gingham fabric is being woven, ironed, and sewn into outfits. You'll want a mannequin to dress in one of the completed outfits, too!

I also have a table with stools on the side with some millinery going on.

Sounds lovely. Do you have a dream address yet? I would love to see it.

My sewing room has the natural furniture in it. I love that look.

Back