• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Mafia Teletubbies Mafia - Town Wins!

toadsworthy

Tangsworthy
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
1777-6372-7112
White Star Fragment
Yellow Star Fragment
White Star Fragment
Yellow Star Fragment
White Star Fragment
Dreamy Party Popper
Christmas Gold Candy
Weird Doll
Christmas Gold Candy
New Year's Party Popper
Tubz.jpg

Its not all hugs and kisses in.... Teletubby Land? Some twisted gruesome stuff is about to go down. The television on your stomach could never have predicted this. Step into the costume of one these unsettling, uncomfortable, possibly homosexual, anthropomorphic babies wearing a onesie with a phallic object on its head in order to solve the mystery for all of tubby-kind.

Day/Night Posts

Introduction to Mafia

Mafia is a game of the uninformed majority versus the informed minority. To elaborate, the game is typically divided into two teams: the Town and the Mafia. Mafia know who each other are, and can coordinate their actions privately. Town players on the other hand don't know anything other than their own role. To compensate, there are many more Town than Mafia. The objective of the game is for Town to eliminate by killing or lynching all the Mafia before it is too late.

At the beginning of the game, you are PM'd your role. The game is divided into repeating phases of Day and Night. Day will generally last 24 hours and revolve around voting for a player to be lynched. Each player (including Mafia) get one vote, and players must figure out who the Mafia are, and convince others that they are correct. At the end of the day, the person with the most votes is lynched, and their alignment and role are revealed.

Night is typically 24 hours long and is reserved for Mafia kills and other players with special abilities. Usually, players discuss the results of the lynch at night, as well as their new suspicions, and make plans for the next day. When night ends, everyone will be informed of who died during the night. The new day will begin, and discussions for the lynch begin anew.

Be warned - Mafia requires a time commitment. This generally depends on the player, but at minimum 30 minutes a day of solid effort is required. As part of the time commitment, Mafia requires a great deal of reading. Most people are actually quite poor at reading comprehension and playing Mafia is a great way to improve your reading ability, as well as your writing and ability to think and argue logically.

General Mafia Rules

Cheating includes (but is not limited to):
1. Posting after death. You may have one polite goodbye post, but it may not contain any potentially game-changing information.
2. Ruining the game by doing something like handing out your mafia's member list to the town.
3. Logging on to someone else's account to get their role or looking over someone's shoulder to get their role.
4. Comparing role PM timings to try and work out roles.
5. Posting or sharing any PM you receive from a host without permission.
6. Getting yourself modkilled to help your team. Your non-majority-decided death may not be used as a bargaining chip.
7. Signing up more than once using smurf accounts.
8. Offering favours/items/bells outside of the game for ingame information.
9. Sharing accounts with other players.
10. Breadcrumbing the specific phrasing of your role PM. Do not compare the phrasing in your role PM to prove your alignment. You can claim the abilities you have, but you can't use the specific phrasing of your role PM.
11. Posting a false PM phrased as if you received it from the host. You can still fake roleclaim, but you cannot make it look like you are posting a PM you received from the host.
Spam: Strategic spam is acceptable, within reason.
Editing: Editing is not allowed for any reason. Editing will result in a warning. After that, you will be modkilled.
Inappropriate posts: Mafia games can get heated and emotional. Please keep it civil and remember that what happens in Mafia stays in Mafia.
Observers' Chat: While dead players will be keen to give valuable "insight" into the game, please refrain from revealing game-changing information (eg. the identities of your fellow Mafia).
Play to win. You should try your best to help your team win while you are alive and in the game.

Mod Font: This is the mod color. It is reserved for the host. Please do not use it.

Question Font: This is the question color. Use it to ask the host questions about the rules in public. You can also PM me.

Game Setup

Outside of Thread Communication: No (no Discord, skype, PMs, Vistor messages, etc)
Wisdom of the Crowds: WOTC will not be used in this game
Day/Night cycle: Days will be 48 hours long, night will be 24 hours long. Day/night ends at 10:59PM EST, anything after that will not count. Twilight will last 1 hour and thread will be locked at this time. Gameplay will begin on Day 1. In later parts of the game, days, nights, and twilight may be sped up if needed. Thread will be open for night.
Replacements: This game will use replacements until the beginning of day 3.
Game Type: This is an experimental game set-up meaning potentially unbalanced/ untested and likely to be different from the traditional set-up of mafia games. If you have any questions, feel free to contact the host.
This game is hosted by Toadsworthy, with Dolby as an advisor and co-host

Voting

This game uses plurality lynch in a separate voting thread. Whoever has the most votes by the end of the day will be lynched. In case of a tie, the first person to reach the number of votes will be lynched. Voting will end at 10:59PM EST (anything timestamped after that will not count) and a hour later, the night post will be posted. Night will end at 10:59PM EST too, anything timestamped after that will not be considered. You must vote in the voting thread like this ##VOTE: Username and to cancel your vote use ##UNVOTE. If you do not vote for 2 days in a row in combination with very low activity, you will be mod killed.

Playerlist

1. Uttumori
2. Byngo Lynched Day 2 Unaware Miller
3. amanda1983 Killed Night 1 Universal Back-Up
4. Apples2013
5. MayorAydin Modkilled Day 2 Mafia Goon
6. lightningbolt50
7. xCleb Killed Night 3 Cop

Kirbystarship
Dolby
Curry
Kat
Seroja
Endless

Byngo
Jacob

Thanks to KarlaKGB for the bulk of this​

Last edited:
I have cycles ending around 3pm EST, but if people would prefer 11pm EST instead we can change it.... either way, sometimes I may be a little late due to hectic schedules/ working late some nights. But each time I shouldn't be too far off and I will close the thread as soon as a I get back

Gimme the bae Koops or riot

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also I perfer 3PM EST

Last edited:
Don't care about cycle end time personally. /in this will be fun if Mark finally starts the ****ing Azurilland game and potentially playing two games at once. That will be an experience.

I get kid Yoshi from the tournament or riot.

Last edited:
ideally i would like 16 players, but I think we can work with a few less. Probably the case given the current state of mafia

I'm really tempted to join cuz this is based on my fav game ever..................

obs for now

This seems interesting... I've never played mafia before though so is there a more in depth guide somewhere?

Thanks! It seems kinda complicated but im willing to give it a try! As long as its okay because ive never done anything like this :p

Would you like to be on the player list? Or you wanna think about it? Welcome to mafia and feel free to PM me any questions at all

- - - Post Merge - - -

I will add you... no harm in trying right?

/replacements, Too many things for me to worry about right now

/in please!

11pm EST is preferable for me as that will be 12pm AEST from tomorrow (end of daylight savings time). 3pm EST will be 4am for me - if that timing works for most players the I'll work with it, but obviously won't be around much (at all, i hope) for lead up to EoD.

- - - Post Merge - - -

*then I'll work with it..

I wanna play but im trying to work out if i can cause i go on holiday on the 9th

So Azuri game started the same day and I don't know which to choose...so I've made my decision, move me to replacements cause I'm sitting there in their game too so may end up being in both, may end up being in one, may end up being in none. All of which are fine.

Back