• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

A Villager you thought was a *Dreamie* but turned out so NOT what you wanted

Kiki. I love pure black cats, they get a bad rep so I wanted one in my town. When I got her, I didn't realise she had such an UGLY face. I got rid of her practically the next day.

Definitely Julian. I thought he was so cool when I first saw him. But after I had him, I didn't like him much. He gave off a creepy vibe with some of the smug dialogue & I got rid of him ASAP.

i think mine is more like, time passed and my opinions, for whatever reason, changed about some of my dreamies. i've been playing since the game released and always wanted kabuki, mira, and kid cat. ALWAYS. i had no idea why. i loved them when i finally got them and they've been a staple in my town. then, i stopped playing a bit, came back with the new updates, and after a few months, i stopped liking the three of them as much??? D: it was very strange & i felt bad. seeing them in town wasn't exciting anymore and i sorta didn't like seeing them. i still have no idea why. since my town was finished ages ago, i replaced kabuki and kid cat with some new amiibo characters. i still have mira, but i'm not sure who i would replace with her, tbh.

it's really weird and i can't explain it so i have no idea why it happened. ): it really bothers me since i can't understand why they would bug me now and i don't really have replacements for them. i've pretty much gone through almost all the animals so there's really no one to take their respective personality places. orz

Bluebear used to be a dream character for me. I don't know why, besides that she was cute and Peppy. (pretty much my criteria lol) But she turned out kind of annoying and was a huge bummer since I worked hard to get her.

I was looking forward to getting Punchy in my town. I still like having him around, but I wish he would've moved to a better part of time and it was a little bit of a buzz kill when he didn't move to the greatest spot and that I didn't plan with paths more carefully, since that's a thing you can do now with the amiibo update.

I don't have dreamies (since every villager feels the same to me (except Baabara, I love that sheep)) but I do get "popular" villagers moving into my town all the time and more often than not, I really don't get the hype. I talk to them, look at their furniture and house, and just wonder why they're popular.

But to each their own, of course.

Kidd... I thought he was cool at first, but then he caused a huge disaster in my previous town, which forced me to reset to stop that nightmare...

Idk. Back before there were Amiibo cards, I spent forever and a day trying to get Marshal to move into my town from my extra cartridge. When he finally moved in, I didn't play for awhile and the little ****er moved out. I was pissed. So much for dreamie smh

carmen... shes my favorite colors and she looked cute at the time but her mouth is just kinda weird... i wish they'd close it

Back