brought to tears by something a villager has said, written or done?

OoMayorSummeroO

beautiful disaster
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
I know you all here in this community *I cant even begin to convey my gratitude for finding it, and all of you in it!* will understand what I'm saying in this thread...

Have you ever had a REALLY horrible day, or are in a REALLY horrible mood....for whatever the reason, and so you sign on to play some ACNL...and one of your villagers.. will have like written/sent you a letter that says something so amazingly deep, and meaningful it can completely change your mood and like uplift you? Or, one of them will say something of the like after you've done them some small trivial favor?
Like 5min ago, I hoped onto my main village (I have 3 chars including my mayor, one of whom in a male..Oliver..and he doesn't get much "play" *heh..lol* and so I try and give him a lil play time whenever I can even tho he isn't my priority per say) to play one of my chars, and he strikes up a convo with one of my fav Lazys..Jeremiah...whom has expressed a desire to become better friends with this char, Oliver. So I made a point to talk to him. So... he asks for a cherry. I happen to have a bowl of Perfect Cherries in my dresser...and so I go grab him one, give it to him....and his response literally made me cry.
Jeremiah started thanking me profusely for this amazing, and perfect cherry... falling over himself thanking me. He said how no one has ever done something so thoughtful for him, and that he was so moved by my generosity... that he was so happy I was his friend...and he started to cry!!! So IRL I started to tear and then found myself crying...

JEREMIAH THE BULLFROG MADE ME CRY. that's right....It felt so nice to know that the things I do for my villagers...my friends...means something to them. whether its programmed or not...sometimes it just feels good to be loved and needed...to know that all the time, love, attention, and sweat that's put into each of my towns..of each of my villagers...isn't for nothing.

That's beautiful. :)
I've never cried, but last week the very cranky Chow, which I didn't like at all at first but had started to befriend, sent me a letter saying stuff like he admired me and would always be there to support me and stuff and it was beautiful ♥
He's my third favorite villager now. :)

How sweet! While I can't think of any examples off the top of my head, I do recall finding some dialogue surprisingly touching. :)

I'm a pretty emotional person, so I remember feeling really down about a friendship that I had at the time and I decided to distract myself i'd check ACNL, and Chief sends me a letter that was quite protective of him actually, as if to say he was always watching out for me. In the letter, he ended it writing: "try not to mope about silly stuff you hear?" or something like that. Even though letters are randomly generated, it still meant something to me because it completely related to the situation I was in and it was sent at the perfect timing.

Last edited:
In my old town i have Sprinkle and i was trying to get rid of her, one day she Ping my Mayor and i run to her really happy and thinking: "Yes, it's finally happening!" But then she just said: "You don't know how much i like you, you're the light of my eyes. I don't know why, but i just have to say this to you".

I just stay with the same expression for about a minute with a tic in my right eye. That doesn't make me cry, but it make me feel uncomfortable, haha.

That's a really touching story, I feel like lazies are the villagers who can easily touch anybody's heart, since they're so friendly and relatable. :)

I've only really been brought to tears by a villager once, and that was a long time ago. When I was a kid, I would play Animal Crossing WW everyday, every afternoon. We all know the different villager types right. I loved each and every one of them, normal, snooty, jock, lazy, peppy, you name it. There was only one exception: cranky. I hated their voice, it reminded me so much of talking to an adult when in my little kid head, there shouldn't be any adults in the game. Which odd, considering how younger me was never annoyed at actual adult figures like Resetti or Tom Nook. Anyways, I had three crankies in my town at the time: Apollo, Wart Jr., and Chief. Chief was a villager that moved in from my brother's town. I disliked all three of them so much. I would abuse them when I see them by hitting them with a net, pushing them, purposely digging pitfalls in front of their houses. For some reason, I also thought talking to them a lot was also abuse, so I talked to all three of them non stop. Even though, I hated all three of them, I hated Chief the most, because I feel like I shouldn't have gotten him from my brother, and out of all the favorite villagers I had at the time, he never tried to move out. I though Wart Jr. was cute, and I knew Apollo from the AC movie. (I still abused both of them anyways.) Eventually, Wart Jr. and Apollo left, and I continued to abuse poor Chief.

Until one day, the abuse all stopped. Chief pinged. I talked to him. He then exclaimed how great of a friend i was, and he wishes to continue our friendship. He then gave his picture. I was in shock, after all the abuse I did to him, he still thinks we're great friends, so great that he can give a picture. Little me cried, thinking "Wow, after all the judgement I gave cranky villagers, one still had the nerve to give me a second chance."

That little situation eventually lead to crankies being my favorite personality, just tied by snooty and normal. I checked my Wild World town three years ago, and learned that Chief and a bunch of other villagers have left.

The goodbye letter packed with his photo I got from Colton in my last town made me tear up.
I've got him in my current town now and it's half the reason I'm playing so much again.

I wanna Thank ALL OF YOU who posted on this thread, and shared with me. I felt kinda silly after i had posted about my tearing up...especially when y 3yo ran to my husband going.."Oh no!!! Daddy Aminal Cwossings made mommys eyes leak a lot!! shes crying!"....my husband come upstairs to the big tv room and hes all,
"REALLY?! like.....REALLY?!" and I'm sitting there swiping at my eyes...shaking my head.

Like i know the letters and convos at generated and programmed, but I'm not thinking of that when i trying to build relationships with my villagers, or when i write them a letter, read one of their letters and so on. I have to applaud NINTENDO for their AC games...seriously...they TRULY knew what they were doing when they created each one.

Its funny, cause i too adore EVERY SINGLE personality type in its own way...however Cranky Villagers have a tendency to be either hit or miss with me or so i had thought. See, Bruce moved into my main town a while ago...and i didn't pay him much mind...i didn't talk to him really...or do him favors...or anything. Then one day i get a letter from him saying that he wants to be better friends and doesn't like understand why i avoid him!!! So i wrote back and sent him an "a skull tee"..which he apparently promptly put on cause the next time i saw him he had it on! He also was going around showing the letter i had written him!! After that he was always pinging or just showing up at my house, or asking for me to come over!! He sent gifts and cute lil letters....soon i found myself with him ALL THE TIME!!!! I ADORE him now, and even tho his voice is SO not what i would picture for him * i picture a tough, gruff cool guy voice...kinda like Tupacs voice lol*....i was/and do talking to him constantly. Now in my "on going side story" my mayor and bruce have a "thing" lol.

This has happened to me once actually! I was really really upset over a breakup that had happened a few days before and I had the worst day ever. I started up new leaf and checked to see that I had gotten a letter from Julian, and it literally said something like In case you have a bad day know that we are always here and you're the best friend in the world etc. I started bawling omg XD I made sure to write him a letter back with a nice gift T v T

Also a letter I got from Lolly when she moved away (because I screwed up with TT, I WAS SO UPSET) with "you've been so kind to me since the day we met, I'll never forget you" attached with her picture. Man I criiiiied xD I still have that letter saved

Last edited:
Brought to tears? Not exactly, per se. Made my day? Multiple times. I'd have some bad moments in a few days, some even related to New Leaf. Dreamies moving out, having a bad day at work, you name it. Allow me to list the times that I've been cheered up from an otherwise sad day, as minor as everything is. And it was always the same person who does it. I'm sure you know who I'm talking about.

When Maelle ninja-moved on me.
WVW69jN1bc0M7Z_CZz

When Walker moved out.
WVW69jqjWJEPKbo_1Y

When I had a pretty bad day at work
WVW69ju_Pw0rOrVH0R

...I'm sure you get the idea.

i get misty eyed whenever I sit and look at my town stats in the plaza.... especially Riften.... its just such a nice town and I loved developing it

I cried like a baby after I let another player adopt my Daisy from Corvidae. I hadn't had the town long and thought I wasn't that attached to her. But after the visitor left with her, I started crying, and I don't mean a few tears. I mean a full and complete sobbing meltdown. Was it hormones? Possible.. but I realized it was love. I loved the little sweetie and I just hadn't known it. Do I have a new Daisy? Yes, I actually have two Daisy's, one in Misfit who moved in shortly after I created the town about a year and a half ago and one in Tea Cozy, one of my newer towns. This was an excellent thread. I loved reading all the heartfelt stories people told and the lessons of love we can learn from these little pixilated animals we call friends.

they really ARE, our friends :) and these lil pixelated animals have brought an ENTIRE community of people from AROUND THE WORLD TOGETHER....Here..on this forum.

Last edited:
I posted this once but Tabby made me cry. When I was in highschool my depression was really bad, worse than it is now. We were going through finanical issues and more things. Come my birthday we couldn't afford much my mom got me one of those one dollar birthday cakes the tiny ones. Because it's all we could afford. I didn't mind at least they unlike my friends (all but 1) remembered my birthday. My best friend and the only one from the group made me a cupcake which was so sweet.

When I got on ACNL Tabby was outside my door and dragged me to her house. To my surprise, she Diana and Beau threw my a birthday party and got me a cake. I know they're programmed to remember birthdays but at the time I broke down crying because even though I couldn't afford I birthday irl my villagers had threw me one in the game. It's silly but it made me feel nice.

Francine makes me tear up a lot. She's always super sweet to my character, and calls me "hun" as a nickname. Everyone else calls me "Sugar S", because my mayor's name is Sandrine, but Francine only calls me "hun". She's always giving me gifts, and invites me over to her house a lot. She also sends me cute letters; I get at least four letters a week from her, just saying hi or checking up on me.
Back when I first started playing AC, on the GC version, I was dealing with a lot of bullying. Mitzi was one of my villagers, and she was good friends with my character. Somehow, I just really clicked with her, and she was my favorite. One time, after a particularly rough day where my teacher said that since she didn't see my main bully cut my hair against my will, it didn't happen and she wouldn't do anything about it. I had really long (over 3 feet long, as a 5 foot tall kid), really curly, really thick hair. The bully had cut out a huge, very noticeable chunk just above my shoulder. It was at least two handfuls worth of hair. This was DEVESTATING to me because I loved my hair; it was the one and only feature I was never bullied about. And then my teacher said that since she didn't see it, even though he had the hair and scissors in his hand and multiple kids were witnesses, it didn't matter and it hadn't happened.
So I went home and immediately played AC. Well, I see Mitzi wandering around, and I talk to her. She had her happy, joyful expression when she saw me. She told me I was her best friend in the town, and some other stuff along those lines, and that I looked cute. I broke down crying because she'd been so nice, nicer than my so-called friends were, and even though I thought my hair was awful she called me cute. It wasn't that much, but it was a big deal to me at the time. I still smile when I think of it.

Francine makes me tear up a lot. She's always super sweet to my character, and calls me "hun" as a nickname. Everyone else calls me "Sugar S", because my mayor's name is Sandrine, but Francine only calls me "hun". She's always giving me gifts, and invites me over to her house a lot. She also sends me cute letters; I get at least four letters a week from her, just saying hi or checking up on me.
Back when I first started playing AC, on the GC version, I was dealing with a lot of bullying. Mitzi was one of my villagers, and she was good friends with my character. Somehow, I just really clicked with her, and she was my favorite. One time, after a particularly rough day where my teacher said that since she didn't see my main bully cut my hair against my will, it didn't happen and she wouldn't do anything about it. I had really long (over 3 feet long, as a 5 foot tall kid), really curly, really thick hair. The bully had cut out a huge, very noticeable chunk just above my shoulder. It was at least two handfuls worth of hair. This was DEVESTATING to me because I loved my hair; it was the one and only feature I was never bullied about. And then my teacher said that since she didn't see it, even though he had the hair and scissors in his hand and multiple kids were witnesses, it didn't matter and it hadn't happened.
So I went home and immediately played AC. Well, I see Mitzi wandering around, and I talk to her. She had her happy, joyful expression when she saw me. She told me I was her best friend in the town, and some other stuff along those lines, and that I looked cute. I broke down crying because she'd been so nice, nicer than my so-called friends were, and even though I thought my hair was awful she called me cute. It wasn't that much, but it was a big deal to me at the time. I still smile when I think of it.

This story REALLY got to me. I am a mom of 2 amazing lil girls (Summer is 7 and Autumn is 3) and growing up...in elementary school and Jr. High especially...i WAS THE BULLY. Growing up my older sister was bullied mercilessly because of how smart, and mature she was at a VERY YOUNG AGE...and i watched what she went through and swore that i would never let that happen. So, i became what i hated the most. I did really awful stuff to kids, thinking id rather be feared then liked...the thing was...the kids i was bullying..WERE OTHER BULLIES. They were the ones bullying the smaller or "less popular" kids and that in my opinion was a HUGE No-No...and seeing as no one ever stuck up for my sister...i wanted to be what shed never had.
Anyways, now that I'm a mom myself, and i have a little one (Summer) who is on the Autism Spectrum...and has a few "quirks" *Sensory processing disorder, OCD, anxiety disorder, Pediatric Anorexia Not Otherwise Specified, PPD-NOS,* and she has been in a few situations where she was bullied...and it KILLED ME. IT CRUSHED ME.. Summer is SO SWEET, and trusting, loyal, compassionate to a fault...and when i was getting upset over her being bullied...SHE told ME..."Mommy, hurt people.....HURT..PEOPLE. That's why those kids were mean to me...they might have problems at home or maybe they don't like themselves that much. I LOVE my home, and i am happy with who i am..so i don't need to be mean" and of course i broke down sobbing.
She LOVES playing ACNL, taking care of each villager in its own special lil way...shes always writing THEM uplifting and loving letters...its so sweet. I Thank GOD for this game sometimes, as it maybe MY escape its also my daughters at times, and what a healthy way to escape yknow? plus we play together a lot which i love. I CANT WAIT for my bday coming up...im treating myself to a new DS and so we can play at the same time together!

I GENUINELY BELIEVE IN MY HEART OF HEARTS.....That ONLY a certain type of person LOVES and PLAYS ACNL the way we do...

Back