• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Second day rafflesia?

MarcelTheFool

Likes weird villagers
Bells
Tasty Cake
I had no idea you could get one your second day of playing but here I am with one in my new town.

Is your town full of weeds? If your town is full of weeds, you can expect a rafflesia to appear.

I DONT KNOW???? I HAD MY BOYFRIEND DROP ALL MY STUFF OFF FROM MY PREVIOUS TOWN AND I GUESS FORGETTING TO PICK IT UP LAST NIGHT BEFORE BED MADE IT SPAWN? I HAVE NO IDEA THIS HAS NEVER HAPPENED TO ME BEFORE

There was like, three weeds in my town. Like I said second day and I haven't TT'd in this town yet.

Last edited:
Since a new town has so very little in the way of trees/flora, having a ton of items dropped off is more than likely the cause. If I remember correctly, the limit for trash/items to start affecting your town is about 10 or so. Depending on how many items there are and the number of existing weeds in town (even just a few), there's a good chance to get a Rafflesia.

This is actually sorta funny to me ngl I'm not to worried about it I just wanted to know how the f it happened. At least I can go catch flies now I guess.

I remember getting a rafflesia flower because i'd chopped down all my trees in my town for some reason. I can't even remember why I did it, I was probably planning to replant them but I don't think I had any fruit to since i'd basically sold all of it. I had to beg my brother for some fruit so I could plant some trees haha. I think you can only get the rafflesia flower if you have no trees, or a lot of items on the ground.

it's caused by a certain level of town beauty according to the enivornment isabell thing

Never saw a rafflesia since I always pluck weeds on sigh and sometimes the villager does that for me.
Placing a public projects where a rafflesia stands will make it removed like any tree, weed, etc.

this actually had me worried lol, im reading this like wth is everyone talking about then i remember the beginning days of acnl and how it popped into my town too. Good riddance :3

Back