Dobie? Tier 1?

Scythe Sin

World Famous Duck Slayer
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Silver Mailbox
I don't get it... I mean why is someone like Dobie tier 1 but not someone like W.Link who is like basically Link The Hero of Hyrule...

Can someone explain to me why he's so popular?

I have Dobie's RV card but I'm probably not gonna end up using it... Ever.

Well...
Dobie is Tier One probably because he actually does look like a cranky, he shows wrinkles and other things that an elderly would show. His color scheme seems pretty nice as well.

W. Link isn't on the list because he can't be adopted out... but if he could, he'd most likely be in either T1 or T2. Very pleased that they made a villager based on Wolf Link from Twilight Princess. :eek:

Last edited:
Dobie is an adorable, grumpy, old grandpa. What's not to like? :p

Anyway, yes the Zelda and other special amiibo as well as the sanrio characters aren't rated because they can't be adopted

His design sells it for me. I love the wolves and his grumpy wrinkly face is too perfect.

I don't like the new villagers based on other characters. They don't belong in Animal Crossing. Their designs are ugly and they look very out of place imo.

idk who dobie is tbh
latest

This is Dobie!​

I don't like the new villagers based on other characters. They don't belong in Animal Crossing. Their designs are ugly and they look very out of place imo.

But Dobie is just a returning Animal Crossing character, isn't he?

The Tier of the Villager is based in the demand that other players have in him in Trading Plaza i think.

Lots of people like Dobie cause he fits really well in the Cranky personality but other Welcome Amiibo Villagers become popular too like Ketchup or Vivian.

Anyway... The Tier list is made cause the people can know at how much bells they can sell his Villagers so that's why W. Link, Ganon, Epona or the others (Splatoon or Sanrio) aren't there because they can't be adopted, so there are no need to sell em.

I think that if they can be sold:
1: Those Villagers can lost rarity.
2: They must be in Tier 1 or 2.

I love the way he looks, he looks unique. He looks like an elderly wolf. I don't think any other villagers in the game look elderly. I definitely hope to get him in my town at some point

Also, I don't care much for the Legend of Zelda games so W. Link doesn't appeal to me personally

Last edited:
W.Link isn't on the list because you can only get him from having the amiibo only and he can't be adopted once he moves out, so there's no real point of measuring his popularity if only a select few people who have the amiibo have him in their towns. Just like how Cece, Inkwell and Viche aren't on the list. Despite that, I think it's best to bring this up with the OP of the thread. Honestly though, it shouldn't matter to you which villager's a tier one and which ones not, as long as you like them that's all that matters. Even though W.Link is a hero of hyrule, that doesn't always mean instant popularity. There are several villagers based off pop culture references, and some are a tier 5.

Last edited:
Back