• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Villagers you've let go of but will forever remain in your heart?

Electra

sailor saturn
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
User Title Color Change
Silver Mailbox
White Violet
Do you have any villagers you've let go of/let them move away but you know will always stay in your heart?

I personally know mine is Chief. Chief was always present in each and every town I had in my town, as my cranky. But for latest town that I first made two years ago, I never had/obtained/asked for Chief, as I thought it was time for a change, I can't rely on Chief forever.

Although I don't have him, he lives in my heart. He was my first best friend in Wild World, along with Melba, and he was my best friend in every town that followed except for my current town, Hikari.

Other villagers that fit this category for mine are Lolly & Diana. I don't have both, but in my mind, they both are fabulous!

Me, personally? Walker. Punchy quickly made his mark as the lazy that I'll only ever need, and it lead me to let go of the dog that's been in Nentown since the beginning. Hopefully he's living happily in whatever town he went to.

I will forever regret letting Maelle go... I like my population right now, but watching a snooty duck was so funny <3

Felicity and Muffy. Although I didn't strictly let them go. They both sneakily packed their things before I caught wind of their plans to move out :(

Julian and Kid Cat. They didn't fit the vibe of my town. Forever in my heart, though. I'm going to build a shrine for Julian and pray that one day I'll have a place for him.

Julian and Kid Cat. They didn't fit the vibe of my town. Forever in my heart, though. I'm going to build a shrine for Julian and pray that one day I'll have a place for him.

Oh, Julian! I forgot about him, it's been a while since I had him. He was a smug staple in my towns at some point because I never got the Marshal hype so I got the second most popular smug villager.

Though, I started adoring Marshal after he was a random move in my town.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Felicity and Muffy. Although I didn't strictly let them go. They both sneakily packed their things before I caught wind of their plans to move out :(

That's a shame. :(( Nothing's worse than getting one of your favorite villagers leaving out of the blue. :( Hopefully both of them have a wonderful home now! n_n

That's a shame. :(( Nothing's worse than getting one of your favorite villagers leaving out of the blue. :( Hopefully both of them have a wonderful home now! n_n

Yeah, I made sure to access streetpass hubs after each one left, because I couldn't bear the thought that they'd just go poof :eek:
Hopefully they got picked up by someone who appreciates it.

Maple. She was one of my first villagers back on the GC game, and in every new town I made since then, she's been along shortly. Now, in my latest town of NL, she's not there, and I don't mind. She was there when I needed her, the friendly little bear, and I'm happy with my current villagers (or I would be if Sly would just MOVE OUT ALREADY!), so I don't feel the need to get her back. I do hope she visits though, because I'd like to say hi to her again.

Sprinkle, I switched her out for Piper when the update hit. I love her, it brings me much joy when I see her in main street but it also brings me grief. Why must we live in a world where one can only have 10 villagers? Whaa </3

Chief! He was an amazing villager who always liked talking to me. Plus he even gave me a pear when my town didn't have any yet

Katt. Uchis are my favorite, so are cats, she was the cutest in my first ever NL village and threw me a nice birthday party. :)

I restarted and I still miss her.

I know right?!

Actually when the update trailer came out, I was really hoping for an increase in the villager capacity. Ten villagers just isn't enough. I personally call it "10 Villager Syndrome" because, I get 9 Dreamies, and get stuck on which one should be my last, and in the end, that last villager might not be a Dreamie afterall, because I want this villager A, but this villager A, he's kinda cute but not really my style, so maybe villager B? But villager B might be adorable but I already have her personality. These decisions made me think that I'll only have 9 Dreamies. Honestly even the slightest bump from 10 to 12 would've done wonders, but then now that I think about it, more villagers means more space needed, so they might have needed to enlarge the map. :(

It sucks that you had to kick out Sprinkle because of the 10 villager capacity. ;-;

I first started playing in August 2013.

Applewin villagers who I really liked, but did not keep, included original Cranky kangaroo Walt and original Lazy alligator Drago. I have an extra cartridge and intend to bring them back in a newly created town.

Having said, I want to also say that the Cranky werewolf Chief is quite cool. And I have taken a strong liking to the Smug bird Jacques.

What a joy it has a been playing “Animal Crossing: New Leaf.” If Nintendo’s brand-new Switch comes out with a new “Animal Crossing,” I will have a reason to buy that system.

I let Merengue go because I hadn't gotten a new villager in what felt like ages, and I thought if she left then I would get a new one. I regret it everyday. She was so cute! I miss her :(

Lolly. I've had her in my last few towns, and she's got a special place in my heart, but I feel like I need something different this time around, so I'm probably not going to have her in this iteration of Matcha.

Pekoe, I decided to switch her out for another normal as i've had her in practically every new leaf town and city folk town since the beginning. She'll always be one of my favourite villagers though - and one of the cutest. She never moved away on her own accord, when I deleted my last town I deleted her with it, after that I decided that I wanted to change up my villager lineup and try out new villagers. I'll never forget how sweet she always was to my mayor though.

Lolly. I've had her in my last few towns, and she's got a special place in my heart, but I feel like I need something different this time around, so I'm probably not going to have her in this iteration of Matcha.

Aside from Chief, I also miss Lolly. I had the same issue as you when I kicked out Lolly, she never fits any of the themes I had in my town. She's so darn cute though, probably the cutest villager, in my opinion.

Molly. I thought she's super sweet and adorable. I wanted to keep her but I like to place all the villager houses on the east part of my map. She was one of my starting villagers and her house was in a lone spot at the north west corner so I had to move her out. I don't have her amiibo to rescan and put her in an ideal place lol. I almost regret it when I read her letter the day after she moved out but it's okay, I guess. She's still living on my main street xD

Molly. I thought she's super sweet and adorable. I wanted to keep her but I like to place all the villager houses on the east part of my map. She was one of my starting villagers and her house was in a lone spot at the north west corner so I had to move her out. I don't have her amiibo to rescan and put her in an ideal place lol. I almost regret it when I read her letter the day after she moved out but it's okay, I guess. She's still living on my main street xD

That's too sad :(

Molly is one of my dream villagers who resides in Polis, I would hate to see her go :(

My villager for this thread has to be Lily, as she was in my very first town she's forever got a place in my mind (heart sounds weird since I'm a guy...)

I remember trying to get her picture and every time I saw her I would yell (irl ^-^) "LILEH!!!" and when she could not be found I would pull out my handy dandy megaphone and (once again) yell "LILEH!!!".

Sigh... just remembering while posting this brings back the feels... Where ever she may be I hope she's in a town as equally wonderful as Polis is.

Anyways thanks for starting this thread!!!

Last edited:
Back