Worst year for Cartoon Network

well I can't disagree. Why is it exactly that you don't like it?

I think the stories in the episodes are poorly written as if it's trying to grab money. There are lots and lots of filler episodes with no decent content in it at all. It just seems like they're trying to make as much money off it as possible, without thinking of the quality going into it. The fanbase is also terrible.

I think the stories in the episodes are poorly written as if it's trying to grab money. There are lots and lots of filler episodes with no decent content in it at all. It just seems like they're trying to make as much money off it as possible, without thinking of the quality going into it. The fanbase is also terrible.

Yeah the first season seemed like a bunch of filler bull****. I never watched it with dedication but I have seen more than a fair share of episodes. The first season in particular

I would have to say 2005-2007 were really its weakest years.

Camp lazlo
Chowder
the original Ben 10
Squirrel Boy
Class of 3000

all of them are subpar cartoons

I agree with you on some of these shows, but not Camp Lazlo or Chowder. Camp Lazlo was one of the better shows (in my opinion) when Cartoon Network was not doing too well. You may not like it, but the same guy that made Camp Lazlo also made one of the classic 90's Nick shows Rocko's Modern Life. And Chowder was my favorite show on CN back when it aired on Cartoon Network (and still is a good memory for me). I agree that a lot of the stuff they do in both shows are quite stupid, but Courage the Cowardly Dog and Ed, Edd, and Eddy also had that too, and it didn't ruin them.

I haven't watched Cartoon Network since 2009 after Total Drama's second season (which ruined Total Drama) ended. I even missed out on the four popular shows that premiered after (Adventure Time, Regular Show, Gumball, and Steven Universe).

I agree with you on some of these shows, but not Camp Lazlo or Chowder. Camp Lazlo was one of the better shows (in my opinion) when Cartoon Network was not doing too well. You may not like it, but the same guy that made Camp Lazlo also made one of the classic 90's Nick shows Rocko's Modern Life. And Chowder was my favorite show on CN back when it aired on Cartoon Network (and still is a good memory for me). I agree that a lot of the stuff they do in both shows are quite stupid, but Courage the Cowardly Dog and Ed, Edd, and Eddy also had that too, and it didn't ruin them.

I haven't watched Cartoon Network since 2009 after Total Drama's second season (which ruined Total Drama) ended. I even missed out on the four popular shows that premiered after (Adventure Time, Regular Show, Gumball, and Steven Universe).

Camp Lazlo was the best show at the time, I agree. I have watched nearly every episode to be honest. I just never particularly was a fan.I just watched a lot of TV as a kid. haha I actually loved the Total Drama series

I have to say, I agree that CN Real was the worst that happened to Cartoon Network. I don't know why they would air live action shows on a channel dedicated to cartoons only, but that was a horrible mistake. Even the live action shows they had were terrible.

I came up with the five dumbest moves Cartoon Network made in the past 15 years. They are:

1. Premiering CN Real - it's Cartoon Network, not live action network.
2. Taking off Toonami - that was still popular, but they decided to take it off.
3. Importing YouTube shows and reboots - there's no room on CN for YouTube shows like Annoying Orange. Also, reboots are ruining good shows.
4. Importing shows like Johnny Test and Total Drama - even though shows like My Gym Partner's a Monkey and Squirrel Boy were bad, they didn't have any bad influence on children. But shows like Johnny Test and Total Drama do. You don't want to teach kids to sue if something isn't going their way.
5. Cancelling shows too early - stuff like PowerPuff Girls ended by creator's decision, but a lot of shows (such as Chowder and Ed, Edd, and Eddy) were cancelled by Cartoon Network, mostly to save room for live action shows and Canadian cartoons.

2009 where they had no new cartoons and instead multiple knockoffs of mythbusters and some Japanese game show tetris knockoff. They were all live action.

hm i cant think of a bad year but when they tried remaking ppg that was pretty bad...

the best year was when adventure time came out :D 2010 i think? its been so long

Personally i like SU but i can see why its not everyones cup of tee. A lot of episodes can be pretty dang boring, i prefer gumball over it tbh. At least it isn't TTG

Personally i like SU but i can see why its not everyones cup of tee. A lot of episodes can be pretty dang boring, i prefer gumball over it tbh. At least it isn't TTG

if you mean teen titans go, i really don't like that show, it's... just more money grabbing imo.

- - - Post Merge - - -

honestly thats surprising tbh? i have expected everyone to rant about why its amazing

yeah i know lolol

yeah i meant teen titans go is like one almost the entirety of CNs schedule :/ it and the powerpuff girl reboot hurts me so much

yeah i meant teen titans go is like one almost the entirety of CNs schedule :/ it and the powerpuff girl reboot hurts me so much

Yeah, the majority of it is Teen Titans Go! in the schedule.... The Powerpuff Girls reboot is a crime against television.

hm i cant think of a bad year but when they tried remaking ppg that was pretty bad...

the best year was when adventure time came out :D 2010 i think? its been so long

Yeah, it was, but just thinking about how old most of you are when that show came out makes me feel old already. While a couple of you may be little kids when that show premiered, I was 17. The shows that premiered when I was very little were Courage the Cowardly Dog, Ed, Edd, and Eddy, Powerpuff Girls (original), Dexter's Lab, and many other shows. Yes, I am pretty old, but I wish I were just as old when those shows premiered as I will be in 2020.

Last edited:
In terms of Cartoon Network now, I'm not going to lie that I like Steven Universe, but I can't say that's my only favorite show. I gotten into We Bare Bears and Amazing World of Gumball is pretty entertaining when you flip to a random episode.

The reboots are atrocious though. Teen Titans Go is probably the worst reboot because of the character butchering, the over saturation on the channel, and the fact that they constantly make fun of the old fanbase.

At least PPG reboot tried to be a little fateful...but it honestly didn't save it.

Cartoon Network is just going through a transition time. They've done it before. A lot of shoes are ending, and when those show's writers and animators get new shows you'll see a change.

Back when they had Ed, Edd n Eddy, Courage the Cowardly Dog and Ben 10 were their best years; probably saying that out of nostalgia, though.
Now, I'm not so sure. I haven't watched it in awhile.

whenever they started airing teen titans go as a majority for a period of time.
it was like, 40-80% of screen time at a point. there was a screenshot showing the percentage, but i can't find it

Back