marnie of pomelo bay
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Switch
8411-4279-3514
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
Pear (Fruit)
I've never had a sick villager in ACNL, is that weird? Or is it just a rare occurance? :O

Apparently the villagers don't get sick anymore since the update.. Can anyone confirm or debunk this? I've never experienced a sick villager yet so I'm hoping this isn't true :(

Thanks for the replies, guys! Aw, I hope that's not true^ :( a sick villager would be adorable.

I used to have sick villagers like once every few weeks but haven't had any since the update at all. I was wondering if they got rid of that.

I use to get a sick villager 1 or 2x every 3mo or so (for some reason it always seemed to be Jambette when she lived in my town!)....but since the update I haven't had one sick villager in ANY of my towns.

I started an almost identical thread on this subject a couple/few months ago with, so far, the same results. My experience is that, since the update, there have been zero sickies in my 10 updated towns. In the 5 non-updated towns, I get them fairly regularly, just like in the old days. My Mayor always carries meds with him/her and keeps tabs on anyone in their houses.

Apparently the villagers don't get sick anymore since the update.. Can anyone confirm or debunk this? I've never experienced a sick villager yet so I'm hoping this isn't true :(

I've updated my game and had one villager talking to me about another one being sick. I just didn't care enough about the villager to go check. Lol

I started an almost identical thread on this subject a couple/few months ago with, so far, the same results. My experience is that, since the update, there have been zero sickies in my 10 updated towns. In the 5 non-updated towns, I get them fairly regularly, just like in the old days. My Mayor always carries meds with him/her and keeps tabs on anyone in their houses.

Well that's a silly thing to remove with the update... I wonder why the devs felt the need to take that out, of all the other annoying features in the game they could have removed instead. :(

- - - Post Merge - - -

I've updated my game and had one villager talking to me about another one being sick. I just didn't care enough about the villager to go check. Lol

:O Really? So there is still hope then. Maybe it just isn't as frequent..

I hope there are sick villagers, but I haven't seen any since the update. Usually I'd get a sick villager once a month or maybe once in two months... but I did enjoy having sick villagers once in a while.

Yeah, I haven't had a single sick villager since the update and I play pretty regularly. Hmm, it was nice to help them though.

Nope, it wasn't rare at all. You usually got sick villagers after you'd unlocked the first store expansion for Timmy and Tommy because the medicine becomes available when you expand. Although reading up now that I think about it I haven't had a sick villager since I downloaded the update.. and I must admit, if sick villagers aren't a thing anymore because of the update i'm going to miss that because I loved taking care of my villagers when they were sick.

Last edited:
Now that I think about it, it's​ been a while since the last time one of my villagers was sick.

Since the update I haven't gotten a sick villager either... I bought medicine one day because Roald said he felt off and I thought he was going to get sick but nope... next day he was fine...
I sure hope they didn't remove it, I loved taking care of my villagers :)

I've time traveled through a lot of months in my second town and I haven't had any sick villagers in that time. Haven't had any sick villagers in my other town either and it used to happen pretty often : (
I thought it was a cute part of the game that you could help them out when they were sick!

Last edited:
Now this has got me wondering what would happen if I just ignore a sick varmint and provide no meds. I'm an old softie and probably couldn't let them suffer although dying ain't gonna happen.....curious, though. Anyone do that?

Back