😨Retail horror post your worst retail work experinces😰

MarcelTheFool

Likes weird villagers
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Tasty Cake
Do you work in retail? Have any stories horror stories or just a butthole customer? Share them here!
Edit: post any horror story/awful event/jusy rant about work

Last edited:
I don't work in retail, but I am in the service industry...
And I don't pay 20k for schooling to be mistreated right after.

Ugh that sucks, i hate when customers think they own you. Ive had cards thrown at me told i ruined christmas, haf a customer call the manager on me because we're not allowed to exchange change.

I worked in retail for one day at a Guess store. There was absolutely no training, the other sales associates were rude and didn't offer help willingly, and then when I sold close to $200 worth of clothes on my first sale I saw one of them put their name on the sale instead of mine... I quit after that. I hate jobs where there is no team work and everyone seems to hate each other.

Retail is horrible tbh i actually plan to switch jobs soon. They made it to where if we cant sell credit cards/warantys or rewards programs we lose hours i went from 26 a week to 8 and nope screw it

Okay the worst retail experience I can think of is one time this lady went into the fitting room and peed on the floor and left her used tampon behind. I literally am not joking. Thank god I didn't have to clean it up. I felt really bad for the person that did

and not only that but this lady had the AUDACITY to come back in and shop the next day. like wtf have you no shame

edit: also to put this into perspective, the store was Ann Taylor Loft. Which I also have to say that I have never experienced worse treatment in retail than I did there from entitled middle aged women. and they say millennials are disrespectful

Last edited:
Okay the worst retail experience I can think of is one time this lady went into the fitting room and peed on the floor and left her used tampon behind. I literally am not joking. Thank god I didn't have to clean it up. I felt really bad for the person that did

and not only that but this lady had the AUDACITY to come back in and shop the next day. like wtf have you no shame

edit: also to put this into perspective, the store was Ann Taylor Loft. Which I also have to say that I have never experienced worse treatment in retail than I did there from entitled middle aged women. and they say millennials are disrespectful

ugh where i work the elderly women are horrid i was screamed at for a sell not coming up when said thing wasn't on sell. A similar thing happened yesterday somehow a woman managed to ***** all over the stall on the walls, door, floor, and toilet. I didn't clean it but the girl who did quit.

I find the middle aged folks to be the biggest *******s in public.

"do u have this shoe in white"
'yeah, what size?'
"size 16"
'sorry we dont stock that size here you can order it in at the counter if you w-'
"well!!1 i am offfedenndned!!!! i shall take!! my business!!! elsewhere!!!"

"do u have this shoe in white"
'yeah, what size?'
"size 16"
'sorry we dont stock that size here you can order it in at the counter if you w-'
"well!!1 i am offfedenndned!!!! i shall take!! my business!!! elsewhere!!!"

me voice: ok bye

We found marijuana in the fitting room once.

Someone peed on the floor between men's and shoes.

We found a back with something in it in the furniture section. Nobody knows what it was because it smelled unholy and nobody wanted to open it.

Someone ran out of the store with a full cart of groceries and had to send a friend of theirs back to get their phone back from the security office. They didn't get it back.

There's always the classic "I want to open this box to see the product even though the display is up above it."

I have guests who want to buy the display even after I explain to them that the cord is cut and it's not going to work.

I have people who try and argue with me about corporate's pricing.

Please look at the following picture:

1010072146.png

See the end of the aisle? I had a guest knock that 90 degrees outward because the **** couldn't control their motorized cart.

Literally everyday is a horror story.
Some days it's elderly people complaining about the price of their medication. Sometimes people complaining about not having testers for the expensive perfumes. Mothers annoyed they can't fit their twin pram down the aisles. The list goes on

When a customer held up my whole line because she forgot to transfer money from their account :/ Or when another customer decided to set up his apple pay at my register holding up twenty other people...

i used to work in an adult novelty store, so i have a TON of stories. i'll just post a couple, and i'll try to keep them as PG as possible lol

before i worked there, apparently a woman came in and literally took off all her clothes in the middle of the store and someone who worked there at the time happened to be a cop so she like jumped over the counter, tackled her and arrested her. LOL

one time, this old italian(?) man came in and was asking about something and he kept trying to hit on me and was asking me "have you tried this before? ;) ;)" and it was just soooo uncomfortable

another time, this man came in like maybe 30 minutes before closing and he just goes "do you sell weed?" and we're like "..uhhh... no?" so he's like "oh man atlanta sucks i'm going back to california!" and we're like "..okay?.." so he continues to look around the store and is like hitting on my coworker and me asking us what time we get off, and if we can give him a "tour" so we go around the store as fast as we can naming EVERYTHING. and we get towards the bachelorette section and he grabs my coworkers arm and like pulls her toward him, so im like wtf?? but he lets go, and we go upstairs. he started asking about a certain item and is like "do you two come with it??" and we're like "n o" and he eventually just starts insulting us and the store and then leaving.

- Middle aged lady yelling at me and threatening to get me fired because we were sold out of a certain makeup and I wasn't allowed to leave my station. Also my walk-e wasn't working (I was waiting to be brought a new one) and apparently that made me incompetent.

- The RIDICULOUS amount of middle-aged men, WITH WIVES AND CHILDREN, hitting on me. Do your wives know you're into small pretty boys?
It's so disgusting, they know we can't fight back or tell them to leave or even reject them at all, and they take advantage of it it's so nasty.

- "Do you have any more of these in the back?" "Those are our last supply ma'am." "Can you check? *big smile as if they aren't torturing me*"

- *Is standing in front of a big sign that says "CANDY" with a giant fake gumball machine* "Excuse me, where's the candy aisle?"

Also I think I told this story here before but we put some overflow of a product on the rack next to it but someone forgot to add the second label (so one rack's price was right and the one right next to it was a cheaper, incorrect price). So this lady comes up to me and goes "So is this that price or that price?" and I checked the labels and sku and yadda yadda. I told her it's the more expensive one, and then she tries to tell me that legally I have to sell it to her for the cheaper price because the rack was labelled wrong. Like do you really think I'm that stupid

I've had plenty of days where the fitting room is used as a toilet. I've had a stranger follow me around calling me a racist just because I was the only white person working at the store. I've had creepy older guys come in every day telling me how pretty I am and to please get coffee with them and measure them for suits they didn't buy.

This next one isn't so bad and was actually kinda funny to me. We had a lady in complaining about a sale we had going on and she was going off on the cashier who called for my help (since I was the only one who responded to calls anyway) so I take the lady to a couple of signs and over about half an hour I taught her basic percentages and how to calculate amounts and she calmed down and was happy to purchase her* items. That felt pretty nice and my manager who had been keeping an eye on the situation gave me some nice praise after.

Last edited:
today!! a woman came in demanding a refund on one shoe that looked it had been used as a filter for the drains

i used to work in an adult novelty store, so i have a TON of stories. i'll just post a couple, and i'll try to keep them as PG as possible lol

before i worked there, apparently a woman came in and literally took off all her clothes in the middle of the store and someone who worked there at the time happened to be a cop so she like jumped over the counter, tackled her and arrested her. LOL

one time, this old italian(?) man came in and was asking about something and he kept trying to hit on me and was asking me "have you tried this before? ;) ;)" and it was just soooo uncomfortable

another time, this man came in like maybe 30 minutes before closing and he just goes "do you sell weed?" and we're like "..uhhh... no?" so he's like "oh man atlanta sucks i'm going back to california!" and we're like "..okay?.." so he continues to look around the store and is like hitting on my coworker and me asking us what time we get off, and if we can give him a "tour" so we go around the store as fast as we can naming EVERYTHING. and we get towards the bachelorette section and he grabs my coworkers arm and like pulls her toward him, so im like wtf?? but he lets go, and we go upstairs. he started asking about a certain item and is like "do you two come with it??" and we're like "n o" and he eventually just starts insulting us and the store and then leaving.

omg please tell me more of these stories these are hilarious! but pm me plz if u want :) i would love to hear more!! ^_^ thanks! :D

Lady bought a ton of things at Target. I, cashier, tell her the total after ringing her up. Proceeds to yell at and berate me because "No way did I spend that much! You must have scanned something twice!" Double check everything- she is wrong. Walks off without apology. Also be lone cashier with long line trying to ring everyone up and crotchety old lady starts screaming about how other places put their bags back in their cart after bagging like she's incapable and has no arms. Do so meekly and she hisses thank you sarcastically in my ear.

- - - Post Merge - - -

today!! a woman came in demanding a refund on one shoe that looked it had been used as a filter for the drains

ewww aghhhh

Omg all the thieves that used to come in returning stolen stuff. Screw them man.

Back