Servers VS Guests

As a server
If you are in a rush, please tell me to get your bill to you as soon as possible instead of just getting up to pay. It makes my manager yell at me. Or if I'm obviously very busy taking care of OTHER customers, please just wait. Have pity on my soul guests.

As a server
If you are in a rush, please tell me to get your bill to you as soon as possible instead of just getting up to pay. It makes my manager yell at me. Or if I'm obviously very busy taking care of OTHER customers, please just wait. Have pity on my soul guests.

I agree! I dread it every time I'm busy, say, taking someone else's order, or fulfilling another guest's request and I see one of my guests get up to go to the counter to pay or ask for the bill, especially if they had just finished eating (ughhh). I see it in slow motion and just yell "nooooooo!" in my mind the entire time. But then I understand if they have been waiting for a really long time and the server has just not been present at all. Sometimes they really have to go and sometimes the service is just bad. But it does suck when it happens to good servers and then we get blamed for something out of our control. Some people just like going up to pay as soon as they're done and what can we really do about that if we were busy at the exact moment they put their spoons down :(

I agree! I dread it every time I'm busy, say, taking someone else's order, or fulfilling another guest's request and I see one of my guests get up to go to the counter to pay or ask for the bill, especially if they had just finished eating (ughhh). I see it in slow motion and just yell "nooooooo!" in my mind the entire time. But then I understand if they have been waiting for a really long time and the server has just not been present at all. Sometimes they really have to go and sometimes the service is just bad. But it does suck when it happens to good servers and then we get blamed for something out of our control. Some people just like going up to pay as soon as they're done and what can we really do about that if we were busy at the exact moment they put their spoons down :(

yeah I agree. Sometimes I don't blame them. Sometimes they do it so innocently too. Like they think they're helping you out by trying to make things go quicker

I was never a server but I was a hostess so I kinda know what servers go through. I've had plenty hanging out by the hostess stand with tears in their eyes over rude guests. And I've worked retail many years so I know what guests can be like.

As a guest, I say servers just keep it up and keep smiling. I'll try to keep making up for those crappy tips you sometimes get. And I don't mind if you make little mistakes here and there. Just show me you're paying a little attention to me by keeping my water glass full.

as a guest, please don't keep checking on our table every 5 minutes asking us if we're alright. We'll let you know if there's any concerns :) It's annoying because you're trying to enjoy your meal, not be constantly asked the same question over and over, while your mouth's full :(

Back