Noticeable Decline in Collectible Sales

I think we should just remove TBT bells and collectibles completely

it's rather hilarious how this is kicking in coming off the of the heels of the welcome amiibo update

I'd argue the update is kind of akin to the spin-off releases. They're fun and many will enjoy them but they won't capture your attention for months straight like the mainline games can.

I'd argue the update is kind of akin to the spin-off releases. They're fun and many will enjoy them but they won't capture your attention for months straight like the mainline games can.

I guess we'll have to wait for Animal Crossing Switch. Even I would want a game like that.

I was kinda glad that we didn't get a core AC game on the Wii U and got a spin-off instead. The problem is that the Wii U was failing, and Animal Crossing has become unbearable to play on a home console, at least for me. But since the Switch can be played as a handheld or a console, I think a core Animal Crossing game would be perfect for that. But we'll have to wait until 2018 or even 2019 for that, then Bell Tree will become more popular than it is now.

You guys could also release more new collectibles, including animated collectibles like the Mario star when Super Mario Oddessey comes out. Because some of the older collectibles, no matter what you're asking for, will not sell at all. The demand system is more extreme here than in real life. When a collectible is super high in demand (like the party popper), almost nobody would sell their collectible no matter how much you're willingly to buy it. When a collectible is super low in demand (like the purple feather), nobody would want to buy it, even priced at 1 bell. The reason was that older collectibles lose demand when it's not as rare as it used to be.

things might be different had a new pokeball been released to celebrate Sun/Moon, i think a lot of people were disappointed that didn't occur.

but I for one am at least looking forward to the long-rumored and long-anticipated release of Pierrot collectibles tomorrow, and to the stimulation they will provide to the TBT collectibles market!

things might be different had a new pokeball been released to celebrate Sun/Moon, i think a lot of people were disappointed that didn't occur.

but I for one am at least looking forward to the long-rumored and long-anticipated release of Pierrot collectibles tomorrow, and to the stimulation they will provide to the TBT collectibles market!

Yeah, we were let down by the lack of Pokeballs released on the day Sun & Moon came out. I even asked why, but that's one of the few questions the staff will never answer. If you are a moderator or project staff member, you are not allowed to tell whether or not a collectible is gonna be restocked. You're also not allowed to tell what's at the event until the event starts.

I also wish they can make the avatar height extension available for all members or at least the older members with more posts to buy, but even if one admins said nothing is impossible, the mods said that the avatar height extension decision is set in stone and is never gonna change. Trust me, you're more likely to see a 13th month added to the Gregorian Calendar than you are to see the avatar height extension be made to all users rather than staff only.

Last edited:
you don't need collectibles when yours are FIRE
<-----
except when Easter happens and I need all the freaking eggs

Last edited:
I wish there could be a way to have collectibles not be sorted by date. I'd like to buy more collectibles but having to look for specific dates to look nice is a bit of a pain. It limits a lot of potential line-ups. I do think having restocks of somewhat rare collectibles once a month or every other month could maybe help bring new and older members on their toes. :)

I do agree getting more bells per post could help members afford more collectibles and stimulate the market.

What's the interest button for?

If it's for giving someone free TBT based on how much one has, then perhaps this is a chance to return it temporarily.

What's the interest button for?

If it's for giving someone free TBT based on how much one has, then perhaps this is a chance to return it temporarily.

Yeah, it's to give people free TBT based on how much is stored. But it has been shut down for a few reasons. I can name two:

1. People were pooling in TBT bells to create large amounts and collecting large interests. This is abuse of the system.
2. The interest system (based on its structure) only benefitted the absurdly rich, making them even richer, as it is systematically useless for everyone else.

at this point it's just there to remind people not to abuse things, or else everyone will be punished for it

maybe it's time we brought back everyone's favorite annual event

the event where the site's servers break in half and a good majority of the people end up miserable

a limited collectibles restock

now feat. HYBRIDS!!!!!!

Yeah, it's to give people free TBT based on how much is stored. But it has been shut down for a few reasons. I can name two:

1. People were pooling in TBT bells to create large amounts and collecting large interests. This is abuse of the system.
2. The interest system (based on its structure) only benefitted the absurdly rich, making them even richer, as it is systematically useless for everyone else.
Perhaps there is a way to reverse that?
Instead the poor will receive more bells, while the rich would receive very little to none.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Then again, it would probably still be abused to hell and back. :/

- - - Post Merge - - -

Unless stored bells in both "pocket" and "ATM" would be added up altogether, which could help prevent abuse.

since the interest depends on your bank deposit amount, there isn't really any reliable way to do this

plus it'd just likely lead to certain people pooling money off to someone else that they trust, so they could claim maximum interest. then have their previously pooled funds transferred back to them afterwards

Last edited:
since the interest depends on your bank deposit amount, there isn't really any reliable way to do this

plus it'd just likely lead to certain people pooling money off to someone else that they trust, so they could claim maximum interest. then have their previously pooled funds transferred back to them afterwards
Hmm...
Then I'm not sure what else can be done...
Hopefully a possible new AC game could help resolve this issue. :eek:

The problem with everyone having access to the rare collectibles is that it makes the collectible's worth go down so it'll end up not being worth anything.

*a lot of people that were making the collectible "economy" thrive don't really care anymore

*the increased amount of collectibles in circulation depreciates the rarity and value

*acnl isn't as popular

*a lot of the new collectibles suck

*a lot of people that were making the collectible "economy" thrive don't really care anymore

*the increased amount of collectibles in circulation depreciates the rarity and value

*acnl isn't as popular

*a lot of the new collectibles suck

Are you sure about the last one?

The flea is easily the best collectible I've ever purchased, and I'm not easily led by new releases (hence why I have so many TBT Bells).

Back