• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

I don't get the hate

FAZDrawsSC

PEARS, PEARS EVERYWHERE
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Silver Mailbox
I know that it is very similar to WW, but why is there so much hate towards this game? It isn't bad.:(

I honestly never really knew there was hate for this game. :confused:

There is, people say it is more of a WW remastered, which is false, as WW has exclusive holidays and other things while City Folk has the City, the Auction House, the HRA, and introduced silver tools. IMO they are just plain wrong.

it didn't change as much as wild world did in contrast to animal crossing, which people diliked for some reason

I've been playing since the どうぶつの森・animal forest days, when my gamecube was in jpnse! *old man voice*

In the american version of animal crossing vs. animal forest, even back then they removed features before porting/translating it for the US so, I wasn't surprised when they added lots more things. Some people think the island is new, but we've had it since animal forest!
I think people who dislike newleaf are really missing out, and never understood nintendo's intentions in the first place. *shrugs*

I've been playing since the どうぶつの森・animal forest days, when my gamecube was in jpnse! *old man voice*

In the american version of animal crossing vs. animal forest, even back then they removed features before porting/translating it for the US so, I wasn't surprised when they added lots more things. Some people think the island is new, but we've had it since animal forest!
I think people who dislike newleaf are really missing out, and never understood nintendo's intentions in the first place. *shrugs*

I'm talking about City Folk. XD

I'm personally conflicted over whether Animal Crossing makes a better console or handheld game.

I think for many people, WW was their first AC game, and it's their source of nostalgia. I recognize Population Growing to be tied with New Leaf for best, but that's possibly just because it's what I started with.
And then I never really cared for WW.

I suppose once you test out the successor, and it's not how you imagined, you reject it in favor of the game you started with. But I'm certain there are a multitude of reasons people don't like it.
That being said, I really enjoyed City Folk ~

Back