Favourite Animal Crossing game?

Favourite Animal Crossing game?

• Animal Crossing (including Animal Forest)

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • Wild World

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Let's Go To The City/City Folk

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • New Leaf

Votes: 37 82.2%
  • Happy Home Designer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Amiibo Festival (ew)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I've only ever played New Leaf, so I don't know if I could ever play the older ones and love it as much, if at all.. knowing that they don't have as much customization or things to do as New Leaf.

Hmm, even though Wild World has terrible graphics and little to no holidays i'd say it's probably my favourite actually. One reason for it is the nostalgia behind it and another is that even though there's nothing to do on it most of the time it still kept me playing for years. I liked that it was portable and I could play it anywhere, unlike city folk and acgc. The fact that those two games aren't is why I pretty much neglect the towns I have on them because i'm just never wanting to play it as much because i'll have to sort out the wires for the consoles and set them up. ACGC is enjoyable for me and a close second, definitely but I don't play it often enough to call it my favourite.

I also really like the dialogue in wild world compared to ACGC and other games, the villagers feel more personal and like they actually like talking to you on the odd occasion, instead of just constantly insulting you at every opportunity.

Last edited:
I'm probably very different to everybody, but my favourite right now is the GCN game. I just find it easier playing Animal Crossing on a TV since I can relax while playing it whereas with the 3DS, I always have to look down at the screen which starts to hurt my neck after a while. Also, the towns were MUCH bigger in the GCN games and the dialogue isn't so friendly. There's also many things that never returned such as sports balls and the sports fairs.

the old school animal crossing for the GC holds a lot of happy memories for me and i get a huge sense of nostalgia whenever i play it so id say thats definitely the version that i hold up highest :'')

Wild World will always hold a special place in my heart, and Gamecube is really cool, but I have to go with New Leaf. At this point, I'm not even sure a sequel would make it lose its spot as my favourite.

New Leaf is my favorite, but City Folk makes me feel the most nostalgic. It was my first game, and I remember coming home from school everyday and first thing I would do is play in my town.

I love the original because of he ability to ask villagers for help, the nes games, the 3 tiers towns, the acres and the most villagers in any ac game in a town at once (15)

I will say New leaf, just because I started to seriously play it and tried for the first time to accessorize and decorate my town to the fullest and really pay attention to moving in villagers I liked and keeping them. The previous animal crossing games I had, I just dilly daddled with them and never played it how I did with new leaf.

only played wild world and new leaf like crazy so idk much about the others. city folk sounds like a remake of wild world so that seems kind of lazy but i'd love to play the original gamecube one for real. i downloaded it from dolphin on my computer and had a few fun hours playing it. it must have been fun at the time but new leaf is the true answer if we're putting aside nostalgia imo

I love the original because of he ability to ask villagers for help, the nes games, the 3 tiers towns, the acres and the most villagers in any ac game in a town at once (15)

If New Leaf had any/all of these features it would be even better, I think, but it is still the best, as much as I have great memories of the original game.

Back