New NEW SpongeBob SquarePants

Mink777

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
So, after the 2004 movie, a lot of people started saying that "the new episodes suck" or "post-movie episodes are terrible" or anything negative like that. But today, I'm not talking about the episodes most people consider to be bad. I'm talking about the end of season 9/season 10.

After the second movie was released, the show took a one year hiatus because of the movie. The episodes after the movie seemed to have took a huge turn(in a good way.) A large factor to this is Stephen Hillenburg, the creator of the show, has returned. If you ever decide to watch new new SpongeBob, here are a few episodes I think are must sees.

"Patrick! The Game"

"Snail Mail"

"Pineapple Invasion"

"Lame and Fortune"- My favorite "After the second movie" episode.

"Mimic Madness"

"Krusty Katering"

"Burst Your Bubble"

If you have watched some new SpongeBob, and liked it, feel free to share some of the episodes you enjoyed.

Last edited:
not to be negative, but spongebob's hayday ended a while ago and i'm still surprised it's still running actually. i love spongebob so much and it'll be one of my fav cartoon shows forever but the new episodes will never be what they used to be. though i am interested to see what the new episodes are all about so i might go check them out :)

I always do enjoy the brand new new episodes. But they can't live up to the classic ones.

theres a new episode called sanctuary and its hilarious... i cried laughing i kept having to skip back to the funniest parts. a kids show hasn't made me laugh like that in forever omfg. spongebob turns into a crazy cat lady but with snails

spongebobomg.jpg

it was so stupid but it was amazing

not to be negative, but spongebob's hayday ended a while ago and i'm still surprised it's still running actually. i love spongebob so much and it'll be one of my fav cartoon shows forever but the new episodes will never be what they used to be. though i am interested to see what the new episodes are all about so i might go check them out :)

I definitely recommend so! Do be aware that in Season 9, there are a few bad cookies in the jar, such as this.

Isn't Stephen Hillenburg more involved with the show nowadays? I'm sure that would help with the show if it did. Of course, most, if not all the writers moved on, so I really don't think the show can be revived back to it's original glory, but I think that the show could at least somewhat increase in quality. It's a shame though, if there's any show that suffered from seasonal rot it's Spongebob. :/

Isn't Stephen Hillenburg more involved with the show nowadays? I'm sure that would help with the show if it did. Of course, most, if not all the writers moved on, so I really don't think the show can be revived back to it's original glory, but I think that the show could at least somewhat increase in quality. It's a shame though, if there's any show that suffered from seasonal rot it's Spongebob. :/

A lot of the writers from the old episodes actually stayed on the show after the movie, but a lot left as well. The show will likely not become as popular as it was back in the day, but at least the episodes are better. Sad that Hillenburg was diagnosed with ALS, though.

A lot of the writers from the old episodes actually stayed on the show after the movie, but a lot left as well. The show will likely not become as popular as it was back in the day, but at least the episodes are better. Sad that Hillenburg was diagnosed with ALS, though.

ALS, eh? That's terrible...I feel really bad for the poor guy...At least he's determined to keep working on the show as much as possible. That's just...really sad though. It's like when Stefan Karl was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer...It always hits the best of them. :/

It sounds silly, but I used to watch Spongebob with my elderly pet rat and he loved it. We would share a big bowl of popcorn and just chillax. He always got excited, jumping and bruxing and getting really happy when I put it on.

Spongebob was my jam back in the day, so I will give this new series a watch. :)

I'm mostly agreeing with on how sponge bob isn't as good as it used to be. It's dissapointing because I love sponge bob, but I would prefer the older episodes, as I used to watch in when I was like 3!

You know, what's kinda odd is that as soon as the Spongebob movie (2004) came out, not only it started to go downhill, but cartoons around that time also went downhill. The year Spongebob's fourth season took air for the first time was also the year Cartoon Network started going downhill. Also around that same time, people around my age (which did enjoy Spongebob the most) were already teenagers or becoming teenagers. I was 12 around that time.

But now, Spongebob is returning to it's former glory.

I loved classic Spongeboob, so I'll watch the new episodes then cause that guy came back! Yay!!!

I will always prefer the old episodes, but I'm willing to give the new new episodes a chance whenever I get the time.

I feel like after the movie the show went downhill
I still watch it though, it's still silly and colorful. it's one of my fave passtimes with my best friend :p

Now that the original creator is back, the episodes might get better because let's face it, it went through a period of crap.

Back