• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What is your all-time favorite movie?

Ichiban

enjoying the free entertainment while i wait for t
Apple 🍎
Durian 🌽
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Island
Chinese Dragon Head
Chinese Dragon Tail
Night Sky Scenery
Rainbow Crescent Moon
Galaxy Swirl
Strawberry Doll
Quirky Doll
Moon Ball
Weird Doll
Strange Doll
I made this thread so that I could see what fellow TBT users favorite films are, and with that what their taste in films are.

Personally, I'm a avid watcher of Sci-fi, Kaiju, Historical/War and Cult films.
(Star Wars, Godzilla, Saving Private Ryan, The Room, etc.)

So go ahead and post your favorite ones here!
(Don't worry, I don't bite.)

Kill Bill is probably my favorite film of all time. Tarantino's a brilliant director, and of course, this being his brainchild, it was bound to be wonderful. It did not disappoint...It's ridiculous but you're able to like...Get into how ridiculous it is. And besides, who doesn't love crazy action scenes where Uma Thurman slices a horde of Japanese men in half? It's just...Oh, man, it's quotable, it's memorable, it's just so good.

I also love the Room, for, obvious reasons. Great film, it's basically the Kill Bill of Tommy Wiseau. Any of those so-bad-it's-good movies are wonderful. Who Killed Captain Alex, Birdemic, etc. Love 'em.

Anchorman and Spaceballs are my favorite comedic films, probably. Spaceballs is genius, Mel Brooks is great. Monty Python and the Holy Grail was also another amazing comedy film. How could I forget about that one?! That's comedy gold right there.

Napoleon Dynamite, Star Wars(Except Phantom Menace, that one's completely unnecessary to the plot)...Hm...What else? Wes Anderson films are great...The list could go on.

I'd say any of the original Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Ghostbusters, and Back to the Future, would all be my favorites, but my favorite out of all those is Indiana Jones and The Temple of Doom.

Kill Bill is probably my favorite film of all time. Tarantino's a brilliant director, and of course, this being his brainchild, it was bound to be wonderful. It did not disappoint...It's ridiculous but you're able to like...Get into how ridiculous it is. And besides, who doesn't love crazy action scenes where Uma Thurman slices a horde of Japanese men in half? It's just...Oh, man, it's quotable, it's memorable, it's just so good.

I also love the Room, for, obvious reasons. Great film, it's basically the Kill Bill of Tommy Wiseau. Any of those so-bad-it's-good movies are wonderful. Who Killed Captain Alex, Birdemic, etc. Love 'em.

Anchorman and Spaceballs are my favorite comedic films, probably. Spaceballs is genius, Mel Brooks is great. Monty Python and the Holy Grail was also another amazing comedy film. How could I forget about that one?! That's comedy gold right there.

Napoleon Dynamite, Star Wars(Except Phantom Menace, that one's completely unnecessary to the plot)...Hm...What else? Wes Anderson films are great...The list could go on.

I also like Tarantino's films, my favorites of his have to be Pulp Fiction and Inglorious Basterds,

(you like Episode II waaaaaat)

I also like Tarantino's films, my favorites of his have to be Pulp Fiction and Inglorious Basterds,

(you like Episode II waaaaaat)

Like that film?! The only thing I like about it is Hayden Christensen's horrible acting.
I don't know why I forgot to mention that for some reason. It's at least got some plot significance unlike Phantom menace but that's it.

"I hate the sand. It's rough, it's coarse...gets everywhere."

Haven't seen Pulp fiction but I really want to.

Last edited:
Like that film?! The only thing I like about it is Hayden Christensen's horrible acting.
I don't know why I forgot to mention that for some reason. It's at least got some plot significance unlike Phantom menace but that's it.

You wanna see the REAL Sam Jackson? Watch it.

Nothing beats "LIAR!" Hayden Christensen's acting was so bad, it was hilarious.

Last edited:
As for War movies, I could go on and on and on about Saving Private Ryan (Probably one of the best films ever made period. Tom Hanks is always in great films), Stalingrad (The Russian movie), All Quiet on The Western Front (Even though it was released way back in 1934 the message it conveys is still relevant today), The Great Escape (A classic), Apocalypse Now (A hard movie to follow, but once you do you can truly view it for what it is), Fury (Based on a Canadian tank, very good War movie, which shows us a rare view of war from a tank crew's perspective), Schindler's List (A very emotional film telling the story of a true hero who risked everything to save thousands of Jewish prisoners from certain death) and Das Boot (A chilling look into the life of a U-boat crew)

Basically i'm a history nerd.

As for War movies, I could go on and on and on about Saving Private Ryan (Probably one of the best films ever made period. Tom Hanks is always in great films), Stalingrad (The Russian movie), All Quiet on The Western Front (Even though it was released way back in 1934 the message it conveys is still relevant today), The Great Escape (A classic), Apocalypse Now (A hard movie to follow, but once you do you can truly view it for what it is), Fury (Based on a Canadian tank, very good War movie, which shows us a rare view of war from a tank crew's perspective), Schindler's List (A very emotional film telling the story of a true hero who risked everything to save thousands of Jewish prisoners from certain death) and Das Boot (A chilling look into the life of a U-boat crew)

Basically i'm a history nerd.

Yeah, I'm a history nerd myself too. I love history, especially post-WW2 era, and early America(Yes I like my US history hurrhurr look at that silly American amiright). Culture and History are some of my favorite things to study about. I haven't seen many war movies though, I'd really like to see some, such as Saving Private Ryan, etc.

Last edited:
Oh boy here comes A List

Disney:
Lilo & Stitch, Sleeping Beauty, A Bug's Life, Mulan, Tangled, Moana

Horror:

Halloween, Friday the 3th, The Haunting in Connecticut, The Exorcist, Amityville Horror (not the 2015 one)

Idk what to call these aside from "Anime movies":
Howl's Moving Castle, Ponyo, Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke, Bakemono no Ko, Your Name, Ghost In The Shell (The ScarJo remake can kiss my butt), Akira (omg)

Other:
Aliens 3, Holes, Pacific Rim, Oldboy, Get Out, Kubo and the Two Strings

Bolded the superfavs, probably forgot some though. If I remember more I'll edit.

Last edited:
Oh boy here comes A List

Disney:

Horror:

Halloween, Friday the 3th, The Haunting in Connecticut, The Exorcist, Amityville Horror (not the 2015 one)

Howl's Moving Castle, Ponyo, Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke, Bakemono no Ko, Your Name, Ghost In The Shell (The ScarJo remake can kiss my butt)

Other:

Bolded the superfavs, probably forgot some though. If I remember more I'll edit.

Aw, man, Lilo and Stitch was great...I haven't seen it in years but that film was really solid, from what I remember.
...Then after whatever they started doing and the whole switch to 3D and that overrated mess known as Frozen, I honestly don't know what to think about them anymore.

Oh boy here comes A List

Disney:

Horror:

Howl's Moving Castle, Ponyo, Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke, Bakemono no Ko, Your Name, Ghost In The Shell (The ScarJo remake can kiss my butt)

Other:

As for Anime films my favorites are The Castle of Cagliostro, Akira and Hokuto no Ken (the 1986 film)

Aw, man, Lilo and Stitch was great...I haven't seen it in years but that film was really solid, from what I remember.
...Then after whatever they started doing and the whole switch to 3D and that overrated mess known as Frozen, I honestly don't know what to think about them anymore.

A lot of their 3D animated stuff sucks I'll give you that. As much as I like Tangled and Moana Disney really needs to get over their sameface.

As for Anime films my favorites are The Castle of Cagliostro, Akira and Hokuto no Ken (the 1986 film)

OH MY GOD I FORGOT AKIRA

A lot of their 3D animated stuff sucks I'll give you that. As much as I like Tangled and Moana Disney really needs to get over their sameface.

OH MY GOD I FORGOT AKIRA

How could you?!? Now the world is doomed!!

Back