REST IN PEACE CLUB PENGUIN

Woah I didn't know this. Wouldve definitely played it for the last time if I did :( sad to see this go. CP will be forever missed.

I never played, but if I had, I would have been banned. Looked like fun idk, saw all the posts of when the server went offline and it was kind of sad, I knew a lot of people played on there.

Not sure if anybody's mentioned it yet, but the franchise is by no means closing down. It's simply being replaced by Club Penguin Island, a app-exclusive remake, made in a newer engine. It wouldn't surprise me if the only reason they decided to shut it down was because it ran on Flash.

As sad as this is, I think they had to advance the game somehow, and I imagine they were very restricted by the old format.

Club Penguin was pushing Flash a little, but the good thing is that it makes it pretty easy to mix and match files for private servers.

Anyway, Island is a freemium mess.

At least I still have the DS games.

They surely died in 2016 , because Club Penguin by unknown reasons smh deletes your account after 1 year of inactivity

That explains sooooo much ( I wanted to log into my account after not logging in in years and I just couldn't)

*plays smallest violin*
R.I.P Club Penguin, thanks for all the laughs when I was lonely and naive <3

cp-brb.png

I remember in elementary school, before I'd get on the bus to go home, I'd give all my homies a nod.
That see u later in my igloo nod. I haven't played the game since months before disney bought it, but it makes me sad it's gone!

Think about it now, club penguin would be a great game on mobile platform, we've come so far with games!

i definitely played quite a bit of club penguin in my day but i was more of a neopets kid, if i have to be honest. i also loved toon town when i was young and promptly moved from those games to runescape and maplestory

ive always been super into mmos and virtual pet sites * o *

This and Webkinz were literally my childhood. I had membership, all the igloos, did all the events (the Halloween ones were my favorite); everything. RIP Club Penguin </3

This was my whole 6 year old life and I'm really sad to finally see it go. All those hours spent typing gobbledygook into the speech bar

club penguin was such a big part of my childhood tbh. i joined in like 2008 during that one olympic event... good times. I was member for like a year lol. I even had bought an action figure and the club penguin ds game lol.

Anyone remember nicktropolis?
asfsdghfdsad OMG YES! I also have many childhood memories from there lmao. My account got banned and reported because i would troll everyone so much asdfsgfa.

Aw man, I use to play Club Penguin a lot back in 2005 - 2009.
I'm sad it's gone, since it was always fun to replay for that childhood nostalgia.

So, I checked out the new mobile game "Club Penguin Island" and let me tell you, it was the laggiest thing I've ever played. They hardly even give you things to do unless you pay the membership, which there was no way I was going to pay 5 bucks a month for that laggy garbage.

I used to play cp in late 2012/early 2013. Then I found other games I thought were more fun. I still went on CP every 2 months or so because the mini games were amazing. I recall buying every single colour of puffle there was and being extrememly proud. I didn't really play CP too much because I became obseesed with the 'Moshi Monsters' and Then and still to this day- 'Animal jam', so I didn't play it as much as most kids but I still have a sense of nostalgia from Club penguin. (To add to what N e s s said, yeah it is laggy. I have a friend whose father works for disney interactive and she said it crashed a lot and when she let me try it I could barely do a thing. Not like I could play it anyway, don't own a mobile device.) I also remember hating Club penguin for a bit. (Anyone remember when Disney shut toon town, Pirates of Carrabian online and Pixie hollow?) I remember the Pixie hollow MMO was all I would do and I would play it religiously. I never figured out how to buy membership (Neither did Santa, no matter how much I wrote to him) and I recall it was bittersweet when they had decency and gave everyfairy free membership. Unlike how in Club penguin you just couldn't buy membership when they announced it was closing and gave no member abilities to anyone. (Kinda unfair, tbh)

Last edited:
Back