REST IN PEACE CLUB PENGUIN

Man, Club Penguin used to be one of my favorite mmos to play back in 2009 - 2011. Whenever we went to the store I would beg my parents to let me get a membership card! Eventually, though, I lost interest, mostly because it seemed like they were making the game less and less fun for anyone that didn't have a paid membership. (One thing that specifically bothered me was the fact that any clothes that you bought with membership couldn't be worn without it.)

Still kinda sad to see it go, though.

Ahh. This was the game that I played during 2008-2011. I stopped playing it, though. Its sad to see it go.

gosh, i played this for years and years :') ill be sad to see it go, it was a big part of my childhood!

I never played Club Penguin but I love Webkinz, I hope they don't ditch it for the mobile app too, because it, well, lets just say that the computer version is so much better.

Cough cough my username cough cough
I made a new account yesterday and played for a bit (since I was a victim of that inactive for 1 year deletion whatever) and... it's so different. Membership's been added to a ton of stuff, bit also removed (Ninjitsu Fire and Water required it [maybe Ice as well but I stopped playing before that] but now they don't so that's neato). But there's also just a ton of new buildings and old buildings were heavily changed and what even happpeded here.

Also playing with a touch screen makes every game way too easy, especially Pizzatron 3000 lmao
I bought a puffle and names it Uwu after you Jet :lemon:

Cough cough my username cough cough
I made a new account yesterday and played for a bit (since I was a victim of that inactive for 1 year deletion whatever) and... it's so different. Membership's been added to a ton of stuff, bit also removed (Ninjitsu Fire and Water required it [maybe Ice as well but I stopped playing before that] but now they don't so that's neato). But there's also just a ton of new buildings and old buildings were heavily changed and what even happpeded here.

Also playing with a touch screen makes every game way too easy, especially Pizzatron 3000 lmao
I bought a puffle and names it Uwu after you Jet :lemon:

Surprisingly enough , today , everyone got a free membership , so everything is thankfully accesible , after 10 years of membership only stuff

ily zach uwur

Last edited:
I'm a bit sad that it's closing. I don't really play on it anymore, but I did meet one of my friends on there. I don't exactly remember how we met, but we just started hanging out on there lol I'm still friends with him today though :D

I remember around the same time as the 2008 olympics, seeing a giant blue club penguin penguin on the newspaper and being like I WANT TO READ THIS!

I felt like it was the first time news was relevant

Last edited:
I only played in Habbo Hotel... Never knew what Club Penguin was until I saw a video of someone ranting over the fact that it got closed

C8JfFzGVwAA21aD.jpg

Its over
Thank you <3
See you later CP

Not sure if anybody's mentioned it yet, but the franchise is by no means closing down. It's simply being replaced by Club Penguin Island, a app-exclusive remake, made in a newer engine. It wouldn't surprise me if the only reason they decided to shut it down was because it ran on Flash.

As sad as this is, I think they had to advance the game somehow, and I imagine they were very restricted by the old format.

Back