• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Funny and Annoying SJW Encounters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems pretty general, whether it's encounters off or on this site. And speaking for myself, no, you're not who I'm referring to in my post. :p

It's always so wholesome to read something deescalate rather than turn into a giant argument as it usually does on the internet. :)

Yeah, I didn't see any posts that look like they're referring to me personally.

But speaking only for myself, I'd personally prefer to be called out to my face than get some thinly veiled call out post like this is Facebook.

And thank you.

Yall know shading users on the site behind their backs is how you get banned right?

People wanna be able to talk smack about others but not be told they're being jerks about it. Watch out gyro, they might start calling you a SJW and start a whole thread about how angry they are that someone called them out.

ITT: SJWs getting extremely defensive.

Leave the moderating to the mods. I'm sure they can make up their own minds. Besides, talking about it is better than pretending like it never happened. ;)

Nah I'm not defensive at all since 1. I don't care and 2. It's not worth it. I hoped you'd feel the same but I see you still feel the need to mention me everywhere when I haven't even seen the thread yet. Kinda creepy but at this point it's whatever.

People wanna be able to talk smack about others but not be told they're being jerks about it. Watch out gyro, they might start calling you a SJW and start a whole thread about how angry they are that someone called them out.

They already did :3c

Last edited:
This crap.

One of the many examples.

That's disgusting, I didn't even read the article and it's already heartbreaking just reading the title/headline. It's ironic how they try to 'protect' people but all they actually do is bully and make the people their 'protecting' look bad.

Last edited:
???

Writers do that often though, it could be because they wanted to write for a Lesbian character for more diversity rather than wanting more appeal. I personally love writing for LGBT+ characters because coming out (which I think is a dumb concept that came from straight people) is a hard thing to do for many and it's really emotional when you're writing for that character.

Well everything is subjective of course, and to me it just didn't seem genuine. That's all. It felt more like, hey, what can we do to gain more viewers? But that was just how I saw it. I have read many books that handle LGBTQ topics and characters with much more meaning which is what I believe needs to be done to represent the community better rather than just using it as a twist to shock people. But I know that a lot of people loved that part of it. That's the great thing about art, we all get to interpret it in any way and I respect anyone who sees it differently from me :)

I've asked for this thread to be closed because I don't see anything good coming from this thread.

It's probably best if we refrain from posting about other users negatively or not, stick to Tumblr, YouTube and so on if you don't want this thread to be closed.

Yeah, probably for the best.

People who vehemently argue for social justice aren't SJWs? Eh?

Nah I'm not defensive at all since 1. I don't care and 2. It's not worth it. I hoped you'd feel the same but I see you still feel the need to mention me everywhere when I haven't even seen the thread yet. Kinda creepy but at this point it's whatever.

You don't care but you care enough to post here. I'm getting mixed signals here my man. :p

Edit: This thread is for people to discuss their "Funny and Annoying" interactions with SJWs. I posted mine and as Bowie says, if the shoe fits I suppose.

Last edited:
Well everything is subjective of course, and to me it just didn't seem genuine. That's all. It felt more like, hey, what can we do to gain more viewers? But that was just how I saw it. I have read many books that handle LGBTQ topics and characters with much more meaning which is what I believe needs to be done to represent the community better rather than just using it as a twist to shock people. But I know that a lot of people loved that part of it. That's the great thing about art, we all get to interpret it in any way and I respect anyone who sees it differently from me :)

I agree with you, very much so.
I'm sure if I understood the situation better I would probably think the same. =)

You don't care but you care enough to post here. I'm getting mixed signals here my man. :p

I don't care about whatever previous drama I had with you which you seem to be obsessed with. Replying isn't the same as caring. I don't actually care about favourite colours or chips yet I still reply to those threads because I'm bored.

There are a lot of situations like that but even if so, representation is always a good thing as long as it's actually good representation.

Though it's kind of funny how people will call literally anyone whos progressive and calls out dumb **** a SJW...theres someone on this site who does that but I won't mention them

Sjws are usually just trolls and pretty obsolete anyway

Though it's kind of funny how people will call literally anyone whos progressive and calls out dumb **** a SJW...theres someone on this site who does that but I won't mention them

If anyone calls anything offensive they're automatically a triggered SJW tumblrina/tumblrite/whatever the new word for tumblr users is now

I'm sure they'd go away if everyone ignored them.

If anyone calls anything offensive they're automatically a triggered SJW tumblrina/tumblrite/whatever the new word for tumblr users is now

But let them say their jokes, though! Everyone's so sensitive these days...:rolleyes:

Last edited:
But let them say their jokes, though! Everyone's so sensitive...:rolleyes:

Someone: *something really racist*
Someone else: Hey you shouldn't say that-
Someone: How dare you impose on my FREEDOM, you oversensitive sjw tumblr triggered feminazi lol are you triggered? lol you're so sensitive despite me also being upset

I don't care about whatever previous drama I had with you which you seem to be obsessed with. Replying isn't the same as caring. I don't actually care about favourite colours or chips yet I still reply to those threads because I'm bored.

And here we have the crux of it. We're bored and have nothing better to do than post on a forum primarily revolving around a kids' game. I can see your behavior in the mentioned thread had everything to do with your self-professed mental illness and I don't hold you personally responsible. You're much better now and that's all that matters. But I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy the drama. :p

You can be progressive and not be a raging SJW though. I'm pretty liberal regarding social issues (pro-choice, pro-gay marriage, pro-marijuana legalization, etc.) but don't fly into entitled rages over people having a different point of view. :p

Someone: How dare you impose on my FREEDOM, you oversensitive sjw tumblr triggered feminazi lol are you triggered? lol you're so sensitive despite me also being upset

It goes both ways. Its so funny when you see it on YouTube though.

/dying

Can we be best friends?

giphy.gif

And here we have the crux of it. We're bored and have nothing better to do than post on a forum primarily revolving around a kids' game. I can see your behavior in the mentioned thread had everything to do with your self-professed mental illness and I don't hold you personally responsible. You're much better now and that's all that matters. But I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy the drama. :p

I remember you calling me delusional and now you're claiming I'm making up my mental illness? what_is_the_truth.gif

It goes both ways. Its so funny when you see it on YouTube though.

It does of course but I personally have seen more of the type I mentioned. Most of the tumblr stuff is just trolls who are trying to get people to hate SJWs/feminists/etc.

I can't say much about YouTube 'cause I refuse to look in the comments on that hellsite.

/dying

Can we be best friends?

giphy.gif

this is leen htey are my best friend and doesnt afraid of anything -blasts back to 2007-

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back