• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

You know you play too much when....

You know you play too much when you drive past a line of saplings arranged like this:

O O O O O O

And notice there is one dead one, like this:

O O X O O O

And your first thought is, "Oh, how sad! A new tree won't be able to grow there!" because of ACNL's tree-planting rules.

Haha these are so good! I have another one

You know you play too much when you think of a shirt you want to wear and you realize it only exists in the game and not in your actual closet. Danggit!!

You know you play too much when your friends start asking,"How much do your animals need to cross anyway?"

You know you play to much animal crossing when you come across a furniture set in real life and know the name of it.
When you visit the zoo and can name what type of animals they are based on the villagers in your town, then proceed to have a conversation with them like in animal crossing. When you name your pets after animal crossing villagers or npcs.
When you know fruits and where to plant them. When you know the names/type of bugs and try to catch one yourself.
When you think its best to have more then one animal crossing game and more 3ds to trade items with yourself lol.

When you think of a certain villager when you hear their name.
When you can tell which song is which from the first 2 or 3 notes.
When you can understand what the villagers are saying without having to read.
When you got a long playtime in the 3DS logbook (or whatever it's called).
When you've caught and donated everything and unlocked everything.

This one time I was so desperate to get Fauna back that I played for eighteen hours straight overnight to cycle out thirteen villagers. I time traveled a total of two and a half years in the process. My boyfriend got up in the morning and saw me in the same position on the couch as when he'd went to bed and thought I had just gone to bed later and woken up early. He was appalled when he found out I didn't sleep at all!

When you stroll into Redd's tent and already know how to spot the fakes from the tiny, zoomed out angle you first see them in.

Me and my girlfriend went to a coffee shop last night and I'm trying to name all the furnitures, flooring and wallpaper I see. "Omg that's the bistro table customized to green by Cyrus. Oh, there are lots of 'sconce' on the wall" xD

In a literal sense: When your villagers tell you that you're starting to look tired and that you should take a break from the game!
My favorite line is when my one of my villagers asks something along the lines of "Do you like horror movies? Cause you look like you could star in a zombie flick!"

When you see a beetle outside and immediately think "MONEY!"

I gotta say, ACNL has actually helped me a lot in overcoming some of my bug-related fears. Not all of them, but I don't get nearly as uneasy around bugs now as I used to.

... you have eight copies of the game >.>

Yes and a spare always a spare lol. Also agree on the when you use information about fish in a fishing conversation or an insect in IRL and sound really smart also plants but know it came from AC and no one will ever know and also knowing all the characters, the scavenger hunt max being the easiest just look at names and run, also yes to the furniture designs IRL and style known from ACNL makes you seem very designer like..yes Victorian with a claw foot tub and some roccocco style items and perhaps a so and so over there describing an item or you see something in IRL on a commercial or in a store in conversation and know what that item is from NL when you'd have had no idea years ago..oh yes I have one of those in my catalouge. Also thinking of clothes you'd like and picturing an AC outfit or style yes I saw an expensive clothing item on tv and was like that's in my NL closet then you describe said outfit and accesorries that go with it and someone says that sounds really "cute" let's say (assuming your a girl) and your like if only I had it where is my sheerling coat boots skirt stocking and hair accessory oh...yeah. I have a claw for tub...just not here, lol. Oh and yes again mastering the nine towns trying to keep as up to date as you can and playing all night to catch up and saying I need a break from all these movie and dinner nights I never get to just have a game day anymore, so you pull an all nighter and sleep u til afternoon as sun was rising when you went to bed and ppl wonder why your tired...Oh so many especially a joke a cheesy joke from some character you've used IRL. Hearing a song, that's my town tune...or I wonder how to make it one. And oh so many many more.

Wow I can't believe you have 8 copies! Are you very creative in other aspects of your life as well? I have a ton of different ideas for antown, but only one cartridge. I'd like to get a second but probably after I finish my current town and do more with it, catch all the bugs and fish, etc. that's cool though! I stay up really late or get up early too so I can have some time to just play the game. I'm a mom to a 9 month old who takes up so much of my time! ACNL is a great way for me to relax and utilize my creativity. So I definitely agree with you! :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oops classygirl I meant to quote you on that post :)

When you have several other DS/3DS games, but all you seem to be able to pick up and play all the time is AC:NL. Plus, you have 4 game cards plus HHD just to play animal crossing... >_>

Or, when you start having villagers show up in your dreams. That happened me the other night, lol.

Back