How much do you usually spend on a haircut?

I got lucky. I used to cut my own hair or just let it keep growing so I didn't have to even worry about it.... I'd rather spend money on things I really need than spend money to look good. Anyway, a few months ago I met my boyfriend's uncle who was shunned by his family for being gay or something. He's living his dream and owns a professional hair salon that a lot of rich people go to. I've had my hair cut there 3 times now for free :) I'm very grateful.

Last edited:
I have ethnic hair and get my hair permed about every 1.5-2.5 months along with a style so that's $90. When I get extensions, it's like $250, even $300 sometimes, and it can last up to 3 months. Then it goes down in costs because you can reuse the hair up to a certain point/time.

Last edited:
I'm another person that cuts their own. Nothing really fancy, but good enough. Considering getting the creaclip for my next self cut. Looks really helpful if you're a DIYer.

i always cut and style my own hair. i don't ever trust anyone to touch/cut/perm/dye my hair.

Dang, almost all the places around me charge $50+ for a haircut without blow dry. I have short hair so I find it kind of pointless to spend a higher amount when most of my haircuts are less than 2 inches to cut. I'm also very particular about hairdressers. I'm not the kind of person who likes to chat while getting my hair done. I have yet to find a stylist I click with.

I'm tempted to learn how to cut my own hair. ;P

I usually spend nothing on haircuts because I don't go to salons. I get my om to do it for free.

The only reason I get my mom to do it is not because I'm some sad little kid, but last time me and my sister went to a salon they cut mine too short and messed my sister's up with layers.

Last edited:
$0. My Grandma used to have a job doing it but she cuts my families hair whenever.

My hair is super thick and long, I pay about $130 after tip, and usually i only get about 3 inches cut off the bottom and a thinning.

Whoa, you guys are getting cheap haircuts! My cheapest haircut was $80.

Storytime: One time my hairdresser was like "Sale!! $90 for colour!" And I was like "neat, sign me up!" and when I arrived she was like "since you have darker hair, that'll be $150 lol soz" Like, I know that's fair enough because she has to pay for bleach and stuff, but there wasn't a mention of that on the advertisement.

I cut my hair myself and I usually just use whatever scissors I have lying around, so I don't spend any money on my hair cuts.

Back