• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

How much do you usually spend on a haircut?

?60 every three months. That includes bleaching followed by an ash blonde toner.

I got lucky. I used to cut my own hair or just let it keep growing so I didn't have to even worry about it.... I'd rather spend money on things I really need than spend money to look good. Anyway, a few months ago I met my boyfriend's uncle who was shunned by his family for being gay or something. He's living his dream and owns a professional hair salon that a lot of rich people go to. I've had my hair cut there 3 times now for free :) I'm very grateful.

Last edited:
I have ethnic hair and get my hair permed about every 1.5-2.5 months along with a style so that's $90. When I get extensions, it's like $250, even $300 sometimes, and it can last up to 3 months. Then it goes down in costs because you can reuse the hair up to a certain point/time.

Last edited:
I'm another person that cuts their own. Nothing really fancy, but good enough. Considering getting the creaclip for my next self cut. Looks really helpful if you're a DIYer.

i always cut and style my own hair. i don't ever trust anyone to touch/cut/perm/dye my hair.

Dang, almost all the places around me charge $50+ for a haircut without blow dry. I have short hair so I find it kind of pointless to spend a higher amount when most of my haircuts are less than 2 inches to cut. I'm also very particular about hairdressers. I'm not the kind of person who likes to chat while getting my hair done. I have yet to find a stylist I click with.

I'm tempted to learn how to cut my own hair. ;P

I usually spend nothing on haircuts because I don't go to salons. I get my om to do it for free.

The only reason I get my mom to do it is not because I'm some sad little kid, but last time me and my sister went to a salon they cut mine too short and messed my sister's up with layers.

Last edited:
$0. My Grandma used to have a job doing it but she cuts my families hair whenever.

My hair is super thick and long, I pay about $130 after tip, and usually i only get about 3 inches cut off the bottom and a thinning.

Too little, should probably trim my ends more often but not that it grows anyways :^)

Whoa, you guys are getting cheap haircuts! My cheapest haircut was $80.

Storytime: One time my hairdresser was like "Sale!! $90 for colour!" And I was like "neat, sign me up!" and when I arrived she was like "since you have darker hair, that'll be $150 lol soz" Like, I know that's fair enough because she has to pay for bleach and stuff, but there wasn't a mention of that on the advertisement.

I cut my hair myself and I usually just use whatever scissors I have lying around, so I don't spend any money on my hair cuts.

Back