• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Pokémon X/Y or Sun/Moon?

Mr. Cat

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ &#
Cherry 🍒
Lemon 🍋
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
New Horizons Token
Pastel Disco Ball Easter Egg
Moon Ball
Lucky
Voodoo Doll
Jack
Blue Hybrid Rose
Aurora Easter Egg
Coco
May Birthstone (Emerald)
I just bought a new 3DS that came with Pokemon Moon and Pokemon X, which I never intended on buying. I've owned every generation prior to the 3DS instalments and played the s*** out of them. I'm planning on selling Diamond/Black/X/Moon together with my old 3DS and was wondering which one I should absolutely check out before I try to sell them.

Should I play X or Moon??

If you want to play it just to catch the pokemon, then play Moon. If you want to play it for the plot line, I suggest you play X instead.

If you want to play it just to catch the pokemon, then play Moon. If you want to play it for the plot line, I suggest you play X instead.

Ah, thanks! Seeing as I probably won't finish the entire game, that would go to Moon. I think normally I would pick X.

The only reason I have X right now is because I have lots of hacked shiny legendaries and myths on there, and to transfer them all to Sun/Moon would take forever even if I had Pokebank, but I really don't feel like paying $5 dollars for something that I would just use once. :)

Sun and moon is better than x and y in every sense of the word. X and y is boring, it's easy, it's all fanservice, and to be honest it had no soul. It's easily the worst game in the series.

Sun and moon is better than x and y in every sense of the word. X and y is boring, it's easy, it's all fanservice, and to be honest it had no soul. It's easily the worst game in the series.

Seconding this opinion.

I hated X/Y so much that I sold it right after beating it. I NEVER sell my games.

It was really boring, quick to finish and the characters in the story had no development (your "rivals" and even team flare) so you didn't give a crap about them which ruined the experience they were trying to give. The towns were forgettable as well, except for lumiose due to it being a nightmare to navigate simply due to the horrid camera angles and disgusting rollerblades that caused you to roll around like a slippery bar of soap.

It IS the worst main series game.

Wow, thanks! Moon it is then! I'm a bit curious to see how awful X is though. I stopped buying Pokemon games altogether because I didn't really like Diamond/Pearl and White/Black as much as the GB games.

Wow, thanks! Moon it is then! I'm a bit curious to see how awful X is though. I stopped buying Pokemon games altogether because I didn't really like Diamond/Pearl and White/Black as much as the GB games.

If you still want to play some other Pokemon game, I highly recommend Black/White 2. Easily surpasses all other games in terms of story, but that's just my opinion. Sun/Moon outshines the other games in terms of mechanics snd story, but loses some mechanics as well.

In terms of games overall, it isn't as bad. But in Pokemon standards it's yuck. haha

I love both games as they both added some cool new elements to the table with X/Y's addition of fairy types, mega evolutions, pokemon ami, super training and all the clothing choices (and hair). and Sun/Moon's alola forms, new addition to the battle system and new battle types, those giant pokemon, sos (which in itself is both good and bad) and the best of all no more hm slaves.

- - - Post Merge - - -

with that being said I kind of like Sun and Moon more because of the theme, the change in camera angle and the ability to just run through each island easily with Taurus

- - - Post Merge - - -

oh, as for you yeah I suggest going with Sun/Moon because it took most of the good stuff from XY and added to it

I personally preferred X&Y and had 0 interest in buying sun or moon.

I heard S&M take up a lot of space and can run slower on a basic 3ds aswell.

Well b/w are much better than x/y and s/m x.x still hope you enjoy moon, though.

Last edited:
I really enjoy both Pokemon Y and Pokemon Sun. I poured around 500 hours into Pokemon Y. Mainly because it's where I picked up the competitive aspect of the Pokemon series for the first time. I like the visuals in Pokemon Sun & Moon better because in X & Y all the characters look lifeless with a standing blink animation. However, I think Pokemon X & Y introduced better Pokemon than the ones in the Alola region. Just my personal preference. Pokemon Sun & Moon expand on a lot of the X & Y features in the game. However, I was a big fan of the Passerby system in X & Y but they removed it with a different form player interaction with the festival plaza. While it looks nice and is easy to use, I don't like not being able to interact with people while I'm exploring the open world. Also, the battle buffet is limited to one location in the game and can only be done once a day in comparison to the various battle buffets and unlimited attempts in X & Y.

The Battle Tree I haven't played as much of yet, but being able to play against well known trainers seems like more of a fun time than battling the girls in the Battle Maison. The Battle Maison was rigged as hell in X & Y so I don't know if that's the same case for Sun & Moon. Both games have their ups and downs. I personally would play more of Sun & Moon post-game completion than X & Y. X & Y feels kind of lonely to roam about the open world aside from the passerby system where you can see other players.

RDYJSDRJGERS LMAO WHAT STORY

X/Y's story was literally "oh, there's mega stones now and here is why. Got it? Got it."

I'll admit they tried to make it touching at the end but to me it failed to gain emotions cause you didn't know or care about the characters involved.

moon is 50 times better than xy

also why are you selling them?

Last edited:
X/Y was fun, but I finished it in about 2 days and was then left disappointed and with nothing to do. I still haven't finished Moon yet, though it might be because I am a bit bored with the plotline. But overall I would recommend S/M. The game seems to be quite a bit longer and I love the pokemon designs.

Back