• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Any PS1 recommendations?

AnimalCrossingPerson

Please respect GDPR
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
New Horizons Token
20 Envelopes
Red Candy
Red Candy
Winter Mittens
Lucky
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
Timmy Christmas Doll
New Leaf Token
Isabelle
Just ordered some blank CDs so I can play pretty much any PAL PS1 game on an actual PlayStation.

Already got Crash Bandicoot 1 through 3 and I have The Simpsons Wrestling since that's what I'm using to perform the disc swap trick.

Planning to try PaRappa the Rapper and the game that looks like Luxor, but what else?

recommendations:
jak and daxter
spyro the dragon
oddworld
rayman 2
metal gear solid
final fantasy 7
xenogears
klonoa
medievil
if you like parappa, you should try vib ribbon too

if you like parappa, you should try vib ribbon too

OH MY GOD YOU CAN PLAY YOUR OWN CDS

Eh... that one's a maybe. Also, I've just realised that swapping discs for things such as that and multi-disc games might not work as I've made it so that my PS2 (yes, I'm playing PS1 games on a PS2) always thinks the disc lid is shut. Oh well. I'll find a solution if need be.

I'll probably look into the others on your list at some point. I have a Jak & Daxter and Spyro game for the PS2. Despite never completing it, Jak and Daxter was quite fun but Spyro seemed impossible, or I just gave up, or something.

Crash Bash is my life. It's great. It's more fun with friends though, of course. The polar bear pushing game is my favourite!

I used to own a game called "Scooby Doo: Cyber Chase."
It was fantastic. :eek:

- Digimon World
- Metal Gear Solid
- Tombai/Tomba (it has a different title depending on your region, can't remember which is the PAL title)
- Oddworld: Abe's Odyssey + Abe's Exodus
- Final Fantasy 6 + 9
- Mickey's Wild Adventure
- Ape Escape
- Klonoa: Door to Phantomile
- Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

Digimon World and Metal Gear Solid are probably my favorites there, but I'll be the first to admit they're probably the ones that show their age the most.

The others are still pretty solid though.

I have The Simpsons Wrestling since that's what I'm using to perform the disc swap trick.

And that's all you should use it for...Never play it. It's awful.

jak and daxter

That's PS2.

Legend of Mana!

I tried playing Legend of Mana on an emulator a few years ago but it kept crashing on me. T-T I've always wanted to play it since Secret of Mana is one of my all-time favorites.

Here's a few games I'd recommend:

- Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
- Final Fantasy VII (7)
- Final Fantasy IX (9)
- Suikoden
- Suikoden II
- Resident Evil 2
- Tomb Raider (I honestly don't get the hate, I still think it holds up)

Oh! Another game I'd recommend is Lunar: Silver Star Story. It's one of the best JRPGs I've ever played.

Final Fantasy 7,8 & 9
Rayman 1 (i would recommend 2 but it's the worst on ps1 i hear but it's still decent)
Croc legend of the gobbos!
Abe's Oddysee
Alundra

Last edited:
Spyro the Dragon, Spyro Riptos Rage/Gateway to Glimmer, Spyro Year of the Dragon.
Tomba!, Tomba! 2.
Crash Bandicoot Warped, Crash Team Racing, Crash Bash.
A Bugs Life.
The Sims.

OH MY GOD YOU CAN PLAY YOUR OWN CDS

Eh... that one's a maybe. Also, I've just realised that swapping discs for things such as that and multi-disc games might not work as I've made it so that my PS2 (yes, I'm playing PS1 games on a PS2) always thinks the disc lid is shut. Oh well. I'll find a solution if need be.

I'll probably look into the others on your list at some point. I have a Jak & Daxter and Spyro game for the PS2. Despite never completing it, Jak and Daxter was quite fun but Spyro seemed impossible, or I just gave up, or something.

I think I beat the first Spyro for the PS1 and had it at 100% completion in 1 day. It was loads of fun and not really that hard. Challenging, but not impossible or really long.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I personally like Silent Hill the best, but horror isn't everybody's cup of tea.

Spyro year of the Dragon!

Dino Crisis 1/2

Twisted Metal 2 (per my boyfriend)

Final Fantasy 7

Last edited:
I recommend trying out The Legend of Dragoon and Chrono Cross. ^.^

Back