Plastic Surgery

I think it's fine. My belief is just that we as a society should be breaking down beauty standards so no one feels pressured to get cosmetic surgery just to conform, but at the same time I absolutely do not judge anyone who decides to do it, whether or not it's out of conformity. I am most likely getting a surgery that some would deem cosmetic (Flattening my chest because I'm nonbinary, I personally deem it as a mental health necessity and not just cosmetic but whatever), and I've also considered surgery that definitely is cosmetic (surgery to give myself elf-like ears, although I'm worried people would think I was literally a demon lol), so I'm definitely not gonna sit here and say I'm at all against it.

I feel like it's fine, especially if it's to correct a skin problem after losing weight really fast/losing tons of weight. It's sad to lose a bunch of weight at 27 and then have sag everywhere.

i’ve never had a problem with it, and i don’t get why some people get shamed for getting it. i know that not every plastic surgery result looks great, but if the person getting it is happy with how it looks, it shouldn’t matter. one of my life mottos is “as long as it doesn’t hurt or negatively affect anyone else, do what makes you happy”, and that applies to plastic surgery.

i’ve never personally gotten it, but if i could afford it and the opportunity came up, i honestly would.

I don't really have an opinion.
I do think it's important for a person to accept themselves. But just because you get plastic surgery or not doesn't mean you don't.

I don’t have a problem with cosmetic surgery if it is for health reasons such as to fix a nose that was broken before and is now hindering proper breathing or to diminish the damage from being burned or disfigurement after an accident. But if you are getting a nose job just because you think it’s too big or breast implants just because you think you need them to be considered pretty, that’s when I have a problem with it. Michael Jackson overdid it with plastic surgery and look what happened to him. It all depends on why you got the surgery that I look at to see if I think it was a good idea or not. I wouldn’t necessarily shame anyone for getting it as it is their choice but sometimes I think plastic surgery could be very unnecessary.

I do think that people should be mentally evaluated before being able to get plastic surgery though. Since Michael Jackson was brought up, one of the reasons why he had so much work done is because he saw his father in the mirror daily. His father abused him. He didn't want his father's image. He didn't want to be reminded of his father daily. However, too much work caused his nose to collapse at one point and generally had problems with it for a while. Idk if he was attending or still going to therapy during that.. but maybe his nose problems could have been dodged..

I understand people getting surgery for burn damage or loose skin after dramatic weight loss. However, I feel sad when people internalize beauty standards enough to undergo operations. I know it’s not the same, but Sammy Sosa is a Black Dominican baseball player who has had his skin bleached to the point where he doesn’t look like the same person. Society has become more inclusive, but I still feel we have a long way to go.

I personally don’t have anything against it. People can do what they want. It’s not affecting anyone aside from the person receiving the plastic surgery. Although, I do find it shameful that some people feel the need to get bigger breasts or change their appearance because they think they are ugly. Too much importance is placed on appearance. I’m certainly not a ten on a numbers scale in my personal opinion, but I’m sure someone out there finds me somewhat attractive because it’s not just all about looks. Besides, everyone is a ten to someone.

Technically, my dental implants are considered to be plastic surgery. However, my teeth were unhealthy when they were pulled and would’ve lead to bigger problems. It was necessary.

I don't think people should be shamed for getting plastic surgery. But at the same time I worry about the rare individual that gets plastic surgery in an attempt to look like a certain celebrity or even a different race. I also worry about those who are chasing something they will never attain; someone who no matter how many surgeries they get, they will never be happy with their appearance. I think in both those cases a therapist would be a better option.

I can definitely understand the appeal of plastic surgery; I don't think I'd ever want it but who knows.

Back