Plastic Surgery

do you really think I care if you get/have fake *** implants smh

I have nothing against it, but it does show (not in all cases) that you have low confidence and self-esteem, especially when it comes to your appearance. Just be you, you're perfect the way you are. Everyone has flaws, and plastic implants won't cover up the deep ones; people just need to accept that perfection lies at the core.

Plastic surgery does not go hand in hand with confidence and self-esteem issues. A large number of people who actually get work done do it for themselves. For me, I will be getting a breast lift and reduction, not because I hate myself or my body, but because I prefer how a smaller chest looks on me.

it's their choice if they want to do it, i rlly couldn't care less about other people and what they do.

People can do whatever the hell they want with their money.

Plastic surgery does not go hand in hand with confidence and self-esteem issues. A large number of people who actually get work done do it for themselves. For me, I will be getting a breast lift and reduction, not because I hate myself or my body, but because I prefer how a smaller chest looks on me.

I also want to get the same. Maybe 1-2 sizes smaller and a lift. Maybe some skin treatments to get rid of acne scars, not plastic surgery I know, but hey why not. Maybe a butt lift too lol

I know I've answered this before so I'll just quote myself since my feelings on the subject haven't changed.

I wouldn't consider it at this point in time, but I wouldn't rule it out for the future. I don't exactly relish the thought of my face and body becoming saggy and essentially unrecognizable and doubt I'd be opposed to a little nip and tuck if and when that does happen. I think it's easy to denounce things like cosmetic surgery when you're youthful and things like age and childbirth haven't yet wreaked havoc on your body, but I can definitely understand the reasoning of those who choose to go under the knife. It just boils down to the fact that it's their body and their decision, and it doesn't really affect anyone else.

On the other hand, I do have to question the psyche of those who take things too far and end up looking more like melted candles than actual human beings. There's definitely a difference between a breast reconstruction after having three kids or an eye lift in your early 50's, and injecting yourself with so much filler and having your face stretched out to the point where you look like a feline. While none of it is a necessity, I can certainly understand the reasoning of those who fall into the former category.

I also want to add that judging those who choose to get plastic surgery or stating that they "must have low self esteem" is a bit ridiculous in my opinion. I have a couple friends who have had various procedures for reasons that I find to be perfectly reasonable, and if it'll make them feel better about themselves or improve their quality of life in some way then I don't see absolutely anything wrong with it.

I also want to add that judging those who choose to get plastic surgery or stating that they "must have low self esteem" is a bit ridiculous in my opinion. I have a couple friends who have had various procedures for reasons that I find to be perfectly reasonable, and if it'll make them feel better about themselves or improve their quality of life in some way then I don't see absolutely anything wrong with it.

i agree, what's wrong with feeling confident about yourself?

I know I've answered this before so I'll just quote myself since my feelings on the subject haven't changed.

I agree completely Oblivia.

I'm not fussed with my appearance or my body at all but if and when I feel differently about that, I'll look into my options and do what I please to suit myself. The past 3-4 years have already seen my body change drastically both inside and out for medical reasons.
I have complicated endometriosis and have had 2 surgeries and almost a year of monthly hormone injections to try and remove the damaging growths, repair damage, and restore functionality to my uterus. The fact that I haven't considered reconstructive surgery yet is due to a) my body still recovering from my most recent op, b) I'm wayyyy too busy trying to enjoy being freed from bedrest, and c) we need to wait and see how my endometriosis will impact me now that the major damage has been fixed (for now). If I'm going to need ongoing surgeries and/or hormone injections for the next 10-20 years then getting reconstructive surgery would obviously be futile lol. In my case it's looking likely I won't be free of this until menopause but I'm not giving up yet. And if we get the endo settled then I can seriously look at getting MY body back. I might get there and not care, I have no idea right now, but that's my choice to make with my medical team and my partner (in that precise order - he supports me unequivocally).

It seems like there's a bit of confusion about what surgical procedures are actually "cosmetic surgery" - here's a link that explains that, and the similaries and differences to "plastic surgery" : http://www.americanboardcosmeticsurgery.org/patient-resources/cosmetic-surgery-vs-plastic-surgery/

Article with most current US surgery stats I could find : https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/02/160225181636.htm

:)

It's all personal, I mean there is definitely a "too much" that someone can get and I am against that, but people have personal reasons to get plastic surgery, and I mean there is plastic surgery beyond "elective" stuff where it really does help a person. I plan on in the future having a breast reduction because they're crazy now, and after I have kids they're going to be too much so I'll have them reduced. I don't think I want anything cosmetically changed on me though, I have a cute nose and smaller lips and big cheek bones so I mean I like my face, it works for me and my boyfriend loves it so I don't think it needs changing. =]

People can modify their body however they like, but I find the "unnatural" look just ugly. Which isn't like "fixing" a crooked nose or whatever, but when the majority of the face as been lifted and changed and filled with whatever. And I've read online that there's surgery to break your jaw to make your chin looks thinner? Like I have no problem with fixing something for vanity reasons only, but at some point you have to be okay with looking human.

I wouldn't do it myself, but I do understand that some people do it not just for cosmetic/ aesthetic purposes, but for their health and well-being. Like getting breast reduction to help ease back pain? But if it's just vanity, I guess I'd ask people to re-consider, since there's been a rise in plastic surgery-related deaths in my country :/

People can modify their body however they like, but I find the "unnatural" look just ugly. Which isn't like "fixing" a crooked nose or whatever, but when the majority of the face as been lifted and changed and filled with whatever. And I've read online that there's surgery to break your jaw to make your chin looks thinner? Like I have no problem with fixing something for vanity reasons only, but at some point you have to be okay with looking human.

I agree with this, too. Like the trend where people put donut-shaped rings in their forehead? What's going on in there?!

I don't think there is anything wrong with it, be if for medical or cosmetic reasons. Medical reasons are obviously done because they have to be, but even cosmetic reasons, it's okay to me. So many of us struggle to like ourselves and like the way we look. If I nose adjustment or a breast implant will make someone look in the mirror and be proud of themselves, go for it! There's nothing wrong with wanting to love your body, and if that's what makes you happy, then do it. Honestly, I'd get PS if I had the money for it.

I think plastic surgery is mostly a personal insight and shouldn't really be an influence from others. I do like the the natural look of people but, if they wanna change then they wanna change!

I don't mind it..
Although I am concern for people who looks like oompa loomba when they have excessive plastic surgery ( bad addiction D:).
I would get plastic surgery to tweak some things (going for South Korea for that cause more natural looking than US plastic surgeons. lol)

i just hate when people act as if plastic surgery will improve self esteem and mental health. sure in some cases it can, like if you've been in a horrible accident and plastic surgery is the only way to make it "normal" (for example, your face got burned off). or if you've consulted a doctor and they've deemed it to be necessary or beneficial, like if your chest is so big that it's giving you back problems (though these days doctors seem to care more about patient satisfaction and less about patient health so i'd be skeptical of ones that are quick to recommend plastic surgery for anything). but for the average person, plastic surgery is just plastic surgery. it's no different then getting a tattoo imo. it's just a superficial body mod. people want it just cuz. there's no real intrinsic gain from getting it except for the arbitrary meaning you put into it, if any. but this is America. do it if you want to. but some people do use it to self medicate. might be physically safer than abusing drugs/alcohol but it can mess you up mentally just as well. best case scenario you spend a truckload of money just to feel the exact same way you already do. people should stop perpetuating that it's beneficial in all/most cases.

you want bigger boobs? sure. bigger ass? i guess. but when you're on your way to get your 5th plastic surgery expecting this will be the one that will perfect your image, you may wanna ask yourself if you're ever going to be satisfied with your body. then maybe go see a psychiatrist instead.

I'd possibly get some light facial work done if I could afford it, but I'd be a bit iffy getting plastic surgery anywhere else. Finding a good surgeon sounds like a hassle though, so I probably wouldn't go through with it for fear of it coming out terribly

This is a touchy subject. Some plastic surgery requires a lifelong commitment like breast implants have to get redone after 10 years. Their body is still adjusting so surgery might be inaccurate.

My opinion is it's non of my or anybody else's business if someone wants to get plastic surgery done. If it'll help their confidence, why not? It's not like it's doing anyone any harm.

It is a personal choice, but that being said, some people do take it too far, and some people do have disorders like body dismorphia and OCD that lead them to take plastic surgery to places that are unhealthy and make themselves look like wax figures/lions/etc.

Back