Plastic Surgery

I feel like this thread's been made a lot but I might be wrong.

Anyways, I probably wouldn't get anything done myself but I see no problem with it. I do have a problem with people who shame others if they have gotten it. Rather than put people down for not being 100% happy with themselves how about you try to change society's ridiculous standards of what beauty is?

whatever makes you happy, my mom had her nose done years back and she's satisfied to this day. i guess if you're going to have plastic surgery you should really do some research and think about your decision. it's pretty easy to regret no matter what you choose to get done.

Last edited:
I wouldn't do it myself(as much as I hate the way I look)...But really I don't care if someone does it. It's their body, they can do what they want with it...Just as long as the decision that they make is informed. I mean, shoot, getting cosmetic operations is pretty much irreversible. I wouldn't want someone to make a poor decision they'd regret in the future. But if it makes that person happy, more power to them.

I feel like this thread's been made a lot but I might be wrong.

Your wrong, I searched to see if there was any and nothing came up, just mine and few other threads which were completely unrelated to this topic. Probs getting confused with all the make up threads, personal image threads (e.g "do you think you're pretty").

I wouldn't do it myself (although I've considered it), but I don't care if other people do it if it makes them happier with themselves and more confident. However, I draw the line when people start going in debt for the sake of getting more work done, and start getting surgeries that are actually very hazardous and bad for their health and bodies. Some people do get addicted to it, and like any addiction, I believe those people do need help. But in moderation and within healthy/financial boundaries, it's fine.

Your wrong, I searched to see if there was any and nothing came up, just mine and few other threads which were completely unrelated to this topic. Probs getting confused with all the make up threads, personal image threads (e.g "do you think you're pretty").

I found three others (one / two / three) but they're pretty old and we all know I don't mind posting the same thing several times.

Back on topic I also hate how people who make fun of girls/women for being flat are also the same ones who talk down on women who have had boob jobs... like what do you want them to do then?

I found three others (one / two / three) but they're pretty old and we all know I don't mind posting the same thing several times.

Back on topic I also hate how people who make fun of girls/women for being flat are also the same ones who talk down on women who have had boob jobs... like what do you want them to do then?

The people who are like that are insecure and try to raise themselves up by putting people down. I'm pretty insecure myself, but I do the opposite. I like to compliment people and raise others up to make myself feel better. It works wonders for me. People should honestly just stop judging people for things that don't concern them, especially if it isn't something that makes their character better/worse like appearance, etc. Boob job or flat chest, they could be the most wonderful person you'll ever meet, and you'll never know cuz you're too busy being rude about it, so just stop :(

- - - Post Merge - - -

Btw, I don't mean you specifically, but the universal you. Just in case there's a misunderstanding :)

i have no problem with people who have gotten it done! i actually am considering it myself. i do have a problem with people who look down on others for getting it though, like gyro said.
i fully support people who get any kind of cosmetic procedure done, as long as they do their research and know that they truly want it done because people do sometimes regret it afterwards.

The people who are like that are insecure and try to raise themselves up by putting people down. I'm pretty insecure myself, but I do the opposite. I like to compliment people and raise others up to make myself feel better. It works wonders for me. People should honestly just stop judging people for things that don't concern them, especially if it isn't something that makes their character better/worse like appearance, etc. Boob job or flat chest, they could be the most wonderful person you'll ever meet, and you'll never know cuz you're too busy being rude about it, so just stop :(

- - - Post Merge - - -

Btw, I don't mean you specifically, but the universal you. Just in case there's a misunderstanding :)

My mom and stepsister are like, at the same time the sister calls herself a "feminist" and my mom goes on about body positivity and loving yourself. Then when a Victoria's Secret commercial or something comes on they go on about how they're all flat as boards and I'm like umMMmM

And don't worry I use "you" universally like all the time so I figured you were doing the same.

i would never get it, but i think its perfectly fine if others do it

I'm considering chest reconstruction as part of my transition, so I'd be hypocritical if I said that I don't think people should undergo any kind of cosmetic surgery. I do think it's not something that should be done lightly. Any surgical procedure is risky, and you have to weigh that risk against the potential benefits.

Last edited:
I think it usually looks gross and fake but I don't care what others choose to do, especially if it's for health reasons.

If TBT could be exchanged for real life money I would go get a nose job rn lololol

If you want surgery, go do it. But you've gotta ask yourself if you're doing this for yourself or someone else, whether you think it'll get you a job or a partner or loads of money. If you say yes to any of those things, you shouldn't get plastic surgery as you're not in the correct healthy mental mindset for it.

I feel like it's important to enjoy who you are and your appearance. Though I think most people might be overly critical of their own appearance, it is inevitably up to them!

Like others said, I feel like it's a personal decision. As long as it makes you happy and gives you the confidence, go for it. I personally wouldn't but I can absolutely can understand why someone would want to. I don't judge.

However, I personally would consider it if (heaven forbid) I got into a bad accident or after recovering from a disease that would leave a big difference on my body (i.e. breast cancer).

I think "cosmetic" surgery is often a wonderful thing to have access to : facial reconstruction after an accident ; breast reduction (which has made an enormous difference to every woman I know who has had this procedure - and as soon as I become medically stable it's something I'm seriously considering having done myself), breast removal/reconstruction (frequently necessary for people with breast cancer or after treatment, as well as for transgender people) ; removal of benign growths which adversely alter one's appearance and even impact normal body movements ; removal of burn scars ; removal of "birth marks" and "stretch marks" which can have a very debilitating affect on people. And that's just off the top of my head.

If someone wants to get a purely cosmetic nose job and they've looked into all the risks and weighed up their options carefully, then good for them if they choose to go through with it. Same for breast augmentation (it's particularly important to know how often each implant needs to be replaced - I think every 10 years for the most common type - and they sometimes must be removed entirely due to the material breaking down in the body).

Your body, your choice.

My one and only concern beyond *informed consent* is patient care : a responsible surgeon will only operate on a patient that is fully informed and aware of what they're asking for. I realise every country is different, and even in Australia we have some shonky surgeons who profit from insecurity. One of the reasons they thrive is that they can cut costs that ethical surgeons won't - which of course increases the likelihood of adverse outcomes. "Tourist surgeries" have also been a thing for years now as people in many countries seek the best "deal" they can get for elective surgeries (and too often, non-elective ones, too, which is horrific). The cheapest price doesn't always equal the laxest standards of care, but it has enough of a correlation to cause concern.

Last edited:
If it makes someone happy and confident, I say do it. I had a friend who had a pretty crooked nose tip from playing volleyball and getting hit in the face too many times and she ended up getting it fixed. It looks so much better now and she's way more confident. Personally I think plastic surgery is very hit or miss, some people love it some don't, but I think it can look terrible if it's really plastic looking and done wrong. But hey, some people like the plastic look.

Back